A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 2012

Hey thanks for the great work! In the future when you add more features, may I suggest a few improvements?

Capture.PNG

1. The word wrap area still includes the space left by the email button.

2. Possible to remove the thin bar at the bottom?

thank you soooooooooooooooo much:)!

EDIT: there is no option to remove the search bar at the bottom:( Also for some reason the drop down menu has been moved to the bottom of messenger

mn2rzm.jpg

Yeah I'd like to be able to remove the search bar!

And also, my drop down menu/search bar is at the bottom :/ Anyone know how to get it to the top?

Remove Search Bar? Then select "Remove Contact Search Field from the Contact Manager Bar".

Also, the bar is at the top by default, you must of selected "Move Contact Manager Bar to the bottom".

The search bar along with the 3 buttons are all part of the "Contact Manager Bar" at the moment.

Hey thanks for the great work! In the future when you add more features, may I suggest a few improvements?

Capture.PNG

1. The word wrap area still includes the space left by the email button.

2. Possible to remove the thin bar at the bottom?

Ok I figured out how to get the bar at the top thanks to Ahmz055 :)

But as you can see in comparison to mail's pic, my search bar and drop-down menu are on separate lines, how did I manage this?

msn3.jpg

Remove Search Bar? Then select "Remove Contact Search Field from the Contact Manager Bar".

Also, the bar is at the top by default, you must of selected "Move Contact Manager Bar to the bottom".

The search bar along with the 3 buttons are all part of the "Contact Manager Bar" at the moment.

I have "Remove Contact Search Field from the Contact Manager Bar" selected, but the search bar is still there?

If I select all of "Remove contact manager bar" it goes away, but I need to keep the "File Menu Dropdown Button".

edit

Okay unchecking "Remove Contact Search Field from the Contact Manager Bar" solved my problem and the search bar is on the same line as the drop down menu.

Seems like "Remove Contact Search Field from the Contact Manager Bar" isn't working properly Ahmz055, it doesn't actually remove the bar, just puts it's on a new line for some reason.

:)

I have "Remove Contact Search Field from the Contact Manager Bar" selected, but the search bar is still there?

If I select all of "Remove contact manager bar" it goes away, but I need to keep the "File Menu Dropdown Button".

edit

Okay unchecking "Remove Contact Search Field from the Contact Manager Bar" solved my problem and the search bar is on the same line as the drop down menu.

Seems like "Remove Contact Search Field from the Contact Manager Bar" isn't working properly Ahmz055, it doesn't actually remove the bar, just puts it's on a new line for some reason.

:)

I can confirm this, i re-ran a-patch, by default "move contact manager bar to bottom" is enabled by default which it shouldnt be. I had the "Remove Contact Search Field from the Contact Manager Bar" already checked, when i UN-checked the box it worked.

Hope you can fix these 2 bugs and remove the thin bar at the bottom of messenger then everyone will love you even more:)

btw, i upgraded from the latest build of wlm 8.5.

Can you also add an option to remove the Groups bar, the groups button in a-patch doesnt remove it, i tried with it checked and un-checked.

would be good if you could remove the search bar at the top and move the dropdown but into the black area somewhere as shown in my screenshot below:

m8n1h0.jpg

Edited by torrentthief

Thank you for this, but the what I am listening to.... winamp plugins is not working anymore after I patch if I restore my setting it works. Anybody with the same problem?

Is anyone else havign a problem when polygami is enabled that messenger spawns anew copy of itself on what I assume is disconects. either way I suddenly have two messegers one connected and oen not without doign anything.

• 2 months later...