A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 2012

• 8 months later...

Thanks for Heads Up, iv updated WLM i would like to know the changelog of WLM if its not secret :)

I tried searching, must just be minor fixes. And all the live essentials have the same build number, so it's hard to tell what changes were made, if any.

thank you :)

No problem.

Any news on getting apatch for Wave 4 working?

I won't be releasing anything for it until it's officially released, to discourage people from using the leaked builds which have issues.

Thanks for the patch.

But one question, does this new patch version (...8064.0206) break the "Show song information" feature?

It doesn't seem to work for iTunes nor WMP, or even MPC w/ plugin. It worked 'before' I applied the patch.

The previous version (8050) worked fine.

disable and reenable the msn plugin in wmp should fix it as i just had this issue

• 1 month later...

Changelog (1.43 build 5):

Added: Compatibility for Windows Live Messenger Wave 4 15.3.2804.0607

Feature: Remove advertisement from main window (at the moment it only removes the ad and not the space).

Feature: Remove text advertisement in the IM window.

Feature: Polygamy - open more than one Messenger at once.

Feature: Remove the "See More Offerings" items in the file menus.

Feature: Remove "Featured" section from the Emoticons "more" dialog box.

If anyone can offer any help regarding any other features, and helping to resolve the ad banner space, then please leave a message through the contact form. Thanks! :-)

» Download A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger Wave 4 (15.3.2804.0607)

Goodnight! :sleep:

Looks like when you change views from full to compact the bottom contact list ads will restore themselves even when patched.

Indeed :(

Unfortunately (:blink:) I don't have these big ads and the ad doesn't come back after switching views, so there's not much testing I can do in this regard. But rest assured I will delve deeper in the next couple of weeks to see if I can do more, but I won't be able to test it myself.

ran the patch, didn't remove anything :/ it made the big ad smaller but then when I switched views, it came back. :( sucks.

There is a new build (7), let me know if the big ad still comes up. Thanks.

Heya, yeah it fixed the issue, no big ads anymore, thanks ;)

^True :p I was only able to see 3 contacts without scrolling due to the big add :rofl:

tried 143b4 and 143b7, it seems neither of them can remove contact list ads banner of wlm 14.0.8117.416, my system is windows 7 x64 and i am using vista compatibility mode for wlm for minimize tray icon

i just run a-patch, click yes for uac, select patch, next, select remove ads for contact list and remove ads for message window, apply, and a-patch report the patch is success, but when wlm start the ads banner in contact list is still there. did i miss anything or is there some specific should i care for?

• 1 month later...