Neowin Digital Gallery

I love taking pics and all but there is no chance in hell i would ever take my camera into a bar or restaurant and take photos. As a matter of fact anywhere I have ever gone I have never seen anyone else doing it either (other than girls with little cameras taking pics for their myspace). It's just not normal haha. The photos turn out nice but it's just strange to me.

A few of us seniors from our chuch youth group went away to michigan this weekend. Few shots from it and my new 40D - all shot with the 18-55 kit lens

crossil9.jpg

nolifeguardiz7.jpg

and my first "human" shot

melfg9.jpg

are those with the 50mm?

are you using a tripod? o_O i know the 1.8 is good for low lighting but i didn't think it was THAT good :p

yes they are with the 50mm.. except the outside shots which was using wide angle of the kit lens. And no i wasn't using a tripod.. i certainly would have looked odd carrying a tripod into the restaurant..lol

I love taking pics and all but there is no chance in hell i would ever take my camera into a bar or restaurant and take photos. As a matter of fact anywhere I have ever gone I have never seen anyone else doing it either (other than girls with little cameras taking pics for their myspace). It's just not normal haha. The photos turn out nice but it's just strange to me.

Actually it is quite normal. I did feel a bit odd at first, but as soon as the waitress came to the table, she asked "Got a new camera i guess" and of course i said yeah and she replied by telling me that alot of people actually bring cameras in here and that she just recently purchased an SLR..lol Not to mention that all the while we were there, there were several other people using cameras as well, as i could tell by the flash. I did not use a flash however, as to not bring too much attention to myself..lol But apparently it is quite common, even though you may not feel it's normal.

alright this is kinda odd but i took this shot on the isight camera in my macbook.

i thought it looked kinda cool.

photo2is7.jpg

shot using the color pencil filter in photobooth.

nice shots everyone.

where has saxondale (sp?) been? i miss his shots :(

he's in China apparently. check out his flickr. he's got some china pics there :D

oh and that's a pretty sexy external giga. <napoleon dynamite>luckyyyyyyyyyy!</napoleon dynamite>

Edited by sin-ergy

yeah i hate the cold too... today was a bit nice though as you can see some of the snow had melted. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit warmer too so i'm thinking of venturing to niagara falls to try to get some nice pics.. :p

thanks for the compliments guys.. i love the shallow dof look.. can't get enough of it. This 50mm f/1.8 lens still has me baffled sometimes.. it seems the pics either come out really good or totally out of focus. As for settings, i mainly keep it on AV mode to control aperture.. if you check out my flickr account you can view the exif info for the pics.

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of posts recently. I'm currently in China - Beijing at the moment. I'm here for a month and then going to Shanghai for 5 months. I've only just taken snaps. Been far too busy. So i don't have anything special to show:

2222347999_9b57565213.jpg

2223143930_c646b4319b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelthornt...57603804779789/

Edited by saxondale.