• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin Digital Gallery

Damo R.    29,658

Bubbabyte those are some awesome shots! (Y)

giga    45

It actually snowed in Georgia!

2204549241_e153dc8865.jpg

2205336104_ee1a7af657.jpg

2204546711_6263571612.jpg

2204548637_db3448374c.jpg

2205338302_c89ded5184.jpg

2204547143_8fbe85ab3a.jpg

2204546201_b0c375f8bf.jpg

RevelMore    1

Very nice photos!

ZZOOzzoo    0

Woah, giga, your shots are just awesome. :o Anyway, these are from my recent trip to Korea (the southern one that you rarely hear about).

2203520444_9179555f52.jpg

2203520114_a7e1730f7f.jpg

2202727199_dcd046c884.jpg

2203519670_c0da753785.jpg

2203518720_f935d8631f.jpg

2203518388_0efee100f0.jpg

2203518056_976be22d16.jpg

2203516632_28abbf2b5e.jpg

crazzy88ss    65

lovin that first shot, giga.

giga    45

Thanks guys, snow does wonders to your images. ;) (cover up though if your cam/lens isn't weather sealed!)

zzoo that last one is too cute.

Draconian Guppy    13,037
Woah, giga, your shots are just awesome. :o Anyway, these are from my recent trip to Korea (the southern one that you rarely hear about).

2203520114_a7e1730f7f.jpg

That one evens looks chopped! very Nice indeed!!! kinda surreal looking IMO !!! (Y) (Y)

sigh.. wish I knew how to cook asian :(

All i can cook is soy meat :( (which i dont think classifies as asian :p )

Thanks guys, snow does wonders to your images. ;) (cover up though if your cam/lens isn't weather sealed!)

zzoo that last one is too cute.

The cat is definitely the winner here!

Cover up as in put something on it or a filter?

Cormier6083    0

Man, I really need a new camera. I have a Pentax K1000, but the pictures come out all grainy. Maybe I need a new lens?

giga    45

Well both bodies and lens can be weather sealed--it just depends on what you have. As far as Canon goes, only the 1D series and most L lens are weather sealed. (40D has some sealing, but not full) To fully seal an L lens, you'll need a filter.

I basically just took a grocery bag and wrapped it around my camera/lens and put a rubberband at the tip of the lens so it would stay put. The snow was falling pretty thick and melting into water once it touched the camera.

Bubbabyte    14

nice pics giga..

i want to buy that canon 50mm f/1.8 lens but can't find a good price on it in canada.. anyone have any recommendations? it's $129 at futureshop.. but its 69, or 79 in most places in the US.

Man, I really need a new camera. I have a Pentax K1000, but the pictures come out all grainy. Maybe I need a new lens?

lower ISO?

Well both bodies and lens can be weather sealed--it just depends on what you have. As far as Canon goes, only the 1D series and most L lens are weather sealed. (40D has some sealing, but not full) To fully seal an L lens, you'll need a filter.

I basically just took a grocery bag and wrapped it around my camera/lens and put a rubberband at the tip of the lens so it would stay put. The snow was falling pretty thick and melting into water once it touched the camera.

doesn?t humidity affect it? As I would like to try some shots under the rain, but waterproof cases for a d50 is an expense i?d rather put toward new glass and i thought about doing something with bags or somesort of waterproof material, but it realy makes me wonder about humidity

Cormier6083    0
lower ISO?

I'm using 400. Maybe 200 would work? I mean, the dial is set to 400, as well. I don't know a whole lot about it. I got it cleaned and fixed, so I figured it wouldn't do that. :/

giga    45
lower ISO?

doesn?t humidity affect it? As I would like to try some shots under the rain, but waterproof cases for a d50 is an expense i?d rather put toward new glass and i thought about doing something with bags or somesort of waterproof material, but it realy makes me wonder about humidity

Condensation could be a problem when moving from different temperatures--keep a zip lock bag handy to keep it in there until the temperature evens out.

Can't help much with the waterproof cases though as I've never tried em:p:p

I'm using 400. Maybe 200 would work? I mean, the dial is set to 400, as well. I don't know a whole lot about it. I got it cleaned and fixed, so I figured it wouldn't do that. :/

wait is that a k100 o k1000, if its the latter, than you need lower ISO FILM and is not set-able otherwise(to my knowledge at least). if its k100 then it's the digital most recent version of pentax

Cormier6083    0
wait is that a k100 o k1000, if its the latter, than you need lower ISO FILM and is not set-able otherwise(to my knowledge at least).

Yeah, it's a film camera. Made in the 70's. :D. Well, I'll try a 200 film, see if that helps against the grain.

It has an option to set the ASA/ISO, but I don't really know if it really does anything.

Also, what speed do you recommend? I'm using 60 right now.

Yeah, it's a film camera. Made in the 70's. :D. Well, I'll try a 200 film, see if that helps against the grain.

It has an option to set the ASA/ISO, but I don't really know if it really does anything.

Also, what speed do you recommend? I'm using 60 right now.

what?! your using ASA 60 and getting grain? :o !!!

try NOT setting the ISO in camera, just leave that to the film, maybe thats whats causing the grain, but again, I never had an SLR which would let you adjust the ISO in camera.

Also, to what film speed to get, it also depends on what you want to shoot, on my old olympus ( some series i don't remember), which I use thrice a year maybe... I get 200 or 400, for indoor shots. But it's really up to you, 60 would be to dark for any indoor shots to my liking as an example...

Edit: what lense are you using? from wikipedia: The K1000 was often sold with a version of the SMC Pentax 50 mm f/2 lens.,

Cormier6083    0
what?! your using ASA 60 and getting grain? :o !!!

try NOT setting the ISO in camera, just leave that to the film, maybe thats whats causing the grain, but again, I never had an SLR which would let you adjust the ISO in camera.

Also, to what film speed to get, it also depends on what you want to shoot, on my old olympus ( some series i don't remember), which I use thrice a year maybe... I get 200 or 400, for indoor shots. But it's really up to you, 60 would be to dark for any indoor shots to my liking as an example...

Edit: what lense are you using? from wikipedia: The K1000 was often sold with a version of the SMC Pentax 50 mm f/2 lens.,

Oh no, the ISO is 400. The speed is 60, the sync speed.

I'm using the 55mm lens. I believe.

hmmm sorry about that :p I always refer to ASA/ISO to speed so my bad I guess.

Ok i believe we are spoiling/hijacking the "Digital gallery thread", why don't make a thread about it and I bet more Film connosiers will recommend brand, speed, etc... As I recall, not all brands are true to what they advertise, As i started shooting ( around '98) I always bought generic 400 and my photos would come out really grainy even when shooting a sunny day. then switched to some kodak film and the results were much to my liking less noisy...

jbarcus81    5
Taken earlier this evening:

2171153390_450a69de40_o.jpg

GREAT shot... I have to know how to do that..... I must know.... then maybe I'll get off my a$$ and take some shots .... :rolleyes:

Aperture    0

ISO400 is bound to get Noise. But it depends on the film you use, different films are processed in different ways, and can have varying degrees of noise.

ISO100 is fairly noise free, more-so from Ilford or Kodak.

dr.bisho    0
GREAT shot... I have to know how to do that..... I must know.... then maybe I'll get off my a$$ and take some shots .... :rolleyes:

thats a -ve rght

iam not that much into photography... guys what do you think of my lumnix..i mean overall

sin-ergy    2
nice pics giga..

i want to buy that canon 50mm f/1.8 lens but can't find a good price on it in canada.. anyone have any recommendations? it's $129 at futureshop.. but its 69, or 79 in most places in the US.

bhphotovideo.com :yes:

it's not in canada but with the strong dollar the us is the place to shop online these days. only thing you have to pay at the border is tax.

Bubbabyte    14

well i went and bought one of the 50mm f/1.8's anyway.. i couldn't take it anymore, i wanted this lens. After testing it out a bit it's gonna take alot of getting used to.. it seems when using 1.8 regardless of your shutter speed, if your focused object moves a bit you will be out of focus because of such a small focus area. however 2.2 seems rock solid and gives nice sharp images, so that seems to be the sweet spot for me. If anyone wants to give me any tips or pointers to make things go a little smoother with this lens i would appreciate it.

giga    45

I find the sweet spot 2.8 for mine. In terms of AF speed, it's probably one of the worst but the IQ is where it shines for the price you pay.

Use this: http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

At 1.8 with a subject 1.5feet away (closest focus distance), you can see you're only getting .02 feet of depth of field! Very hard to get perfect focus with but practice should help that. Again, I stop it down to 2.8 usually for more sharpness and better focusing.

Edited by giga

TheSecretAzNMan    0

@Giga

Do all homes in Georgia look like that?

Those are some great shots.