Show us your car!

I cant drive yet, cuz im lazy...turned 16 on friday (jan 24) and still dont have my permit, cuz again , im lazy...going to get that on wednesday, and if all goes well, should have my license by april.

My car.... 1995 Honda Civic DX, 190hp, auto tranny, etc...

Its red. Dont have pictures yet, but when i get some ill post.

When i get 1500 more, im going to drop in a VTEC engine, cooled air intake, and a 20lb Turbo. Should be a fun car. :yes: :D :ninja:

If youre gonna lie, at least make figures that are reasonable...

And where in the world in 95 did Honda make a 190hp DX?

I cant drive yet, cuz im lazy...turned 16 on friday (jan 24) and still dont have my permit, cuz again , im lazy...going to get that on wednesday, and if all goes well, should have my license by april.

When i get 1500 more, im going to drop in a VTEC engine, cooled air intake, and a 20lb Turbo. Should be a fun car.  :yes:  :D  :ninja:

lol

1995 honda civic's had 105hp lmao.

I think you're going to need a lot more also if you plan on sticking a brand new VTEC engine in there, and even there, where are you going to get that? You don't just call up Honda and ask for a brand new VTEC engine.

I'm not sure why VTEC so great either. It seems to be just hype and I'm not sure of its usefulness on anything besides a manual trans.

Bottom line:

You drive a Honda civic.

Not a racecar.

When i get 1500 more, im going to drop in a VTEC engine, cooled air intake, and a 20lb Turbo. Should be a fun car.?:yes::?:D:D:ninja:ja:

lol

1995 honda civic's had 105hp lmao.

I think you're going to need a lot more also if you plan on sticking a brand new VTEC engine in there, and even there, where are you going to get that? You don't just call up Honda and ask for a brand new VTEC engine.

I'm not sure why VTEC so great either. It seems to be just hype and I'm not sure of its usefulness on anything besides a manual trans.

Bottom line:

You drive a Honda civic.

Not a racecar.

From what I have seen, VTEC is pretty useless for most normal drivers.. unless you regularly thrash your car up to the redline in racing, its highly unlikely you will notice any performance gain.

My boss drives a nice 2.2i VTEC Prelude.. he drove me to a computer show once and tried to demonstrate the 'power' of VTEC.. he had to rev the nuts off it before the VTEC kicked in. Yea, I know Hondas are designed to be revved like that, but it just didnt do it for me. I like effortless power from a supercharge:):)

My friend has a new 2003 honda civic ex 2dr (1.7liter 4cyl, 127hp, Link ) and its nice for the money but its just not very fast at all. The engine works way too hard (like many Jap cars) because when accelerating just a little bit the RPM's seems to average 4,000, when my brother's toyota corolla is only at 1500rpms in the same scenario. it could just be the gauge, but the sound of the engine isn't great either. when getting up to 6 or 7 rpms the engine starts to get very nervous and the dash shakes obnoxiously. Most SUV's I've seen on the road kick the crap outta civics at stop lights.

well since i dont have an actual picture of my car..this is the best i can do (from tirerack.com ) my car has a blue bottom...and these are the rims i'm planning to put on it once i can afford them- 1990 mercedes 420SEL

post-7-1044914008.jpg

civics are not designed for mass tuning for the quarter mile, they are designed for my gradparents. if ur trying to go for a proper car to tweak, get a proper japanese car like a skyline, eclipse, rx7/8 or a supra.

My friend has a new 2003 honda civic ex 2dr (1.7liter 4cyl, 127hp, Link ) and its nice for the money but its just not very fast at all. The engine works way too hard (like many Jap cars) because when accelerating just a little bit the RPM's seems to average 4,000, when my brother's toyota corolla is only at 1500rpms in the same scenario. it could just be the gauge, but the sound of the engine isn't great either. when getting up to 6 or 7 rpms the engine starts to get very nervous and the dash shakes obnoxiously. Most SUV's I've seen on the road kick the crap outta civics at stop lights.

LOL. The protection of the US car industry makes the vast majority of Americans unaware of the power of many Japanese cars. I'd like to see a "SUV" drag off a Supra, RX-7 or a GT-R.