Show us your car!

the europeans just dont understand why you need a truck as a car? do u really go off road that often?

For me I hual a lot of stuff around. I need the bed and the extra cab room. Since I live in Alaska that means I need a 4x4 to get around without worries. Here there are more trucks/suvs then cars. I cant speak for the ppl in the bigger southern cities but it is neccesity for most ppl here up North. Could I get around with a car? Sure I use to own an Accrord, but it could not do the things I needed to do, and wanted to do. I can go anywhere anytime I need to. Most of the ppl I know who own a Truck/SUV, own it because they really need the features, not just becuase they are big and powerfull. But I also go offroading occassionaly too. But that is not why I bought my Truck.

I dont keep up with the European manufactors much, but how are they working on alt source cars. I know Ford, Dodge, Honda, an others are making a real effort to produce these new alt source cars. I dont read much about European manufacters producing any alt source cars. Am I just not hearing much about it or is there a lack of effect on their parts?

My car. It's a Toyota Tercel 95. Nothing really fancy I know!

I know its all dirty and everything but even if I wash it it will be dirty in 30 minutes(at this time of year).

post-7-1044049941.jpg

Nice ZX, I saw a black one made into a convertable today, looked really good. Engine specs sound good 3L 6cyl twin-turbo, but it doesn't go as hard as a GT-R or an STi.

mxp, yes i have looked at the price difference, thats is why if you read my post i suggested other cars to like the 3000

im not knokin your car, im just wonderin

personally i have heard alot of good things about itr's, i was just wonderin why you would buy that and not something faster for the same money

just a question, please dont take it personally cause that is not how it was meant.... like i said, i used to be into imports too.

and just how fast does your itr go? can you give me times and hp ratings? i am just curious

peace.. and btw, i do like your itr, it looks really cool, and i would probably be one of thoose people staring at it if i saw it on the road cause they are so rare.

peace

Mine  :alien:

More Pictures here

Not a bad car. Is that normal 300ZX or the twin turbo version?

First, thanks everyone for the positive feedback on my car. Altezza, it's an N/A.

At first I didn't like the design of the 350Z either, however after seeing a few zip by me on the freeway, i'm starting to want one :yes: :laugh: :devil:

here's me car waiting for mechanic at dealership

Nissan Fairlady Z for people who didn't know :)

-

Dealership waiting for a mechanic at an Auto Show?

Never heard of such a thing.

You've apparently never seen this...

yup...apparently europe is clueless just how popular SUV's and Pickups can be. Dodge Rams come now with 345HP Hemi engines with 500HP V10's as options on the R/T's. Makes the tiny Civics and Beemers look sad and slow.

Bite down on that Honda fanboys!

BTW, A BMW can beat up at speed a Pick-Up very easy and a BMW is not used for the same things as a Pick-Up so you cant match those..

You're right...BMW's and RAM's are very different...RAM's are just allaround better vehicles.!

:D

Yeah, sure that why a RAM eats alot more gas than a BMW: It's american and americans are EVIL! Everything they make is for high usage of gas and thats why Everyone has RAM's and not BMW's. The price is mostly the same... BMW 150 000$ RAM 50 000$ Guess why? :p

actually go and do your research before u compare everything to a super small VW deisel engine or a Honda/Toyota hybrid car and compare it to anything anyone has every built, if u want to compare two similiar cars, go check the nissan altima and the chevy malibu, both are cars in the exact same class targeted to the exact same people and share similiar drivetrains and body size and engine... and you will see that an american V6 produces better gas mileage (3 miles better) than most european and japanese V6 engines... youre comparing that dodge ram SRT-10 with an 8.3L Dodge Viper engine to a 3.3L BMW M3 or maybe an M5 engine which are upto less than half the size of the 8.3? of curse the bmw will get better mileage u dumbass... and if u want to talk about mileage and nothing else, go see the corvettes 5.7L engine which no other car company in the world can match the mileage of aroun 29 MILES A GALLON, most 4cylinder engines barely do that(altima 4cyl 2.5L does 1 more mile a gallon than the more than twice as big corvette motor), MOST V6's (max 4L) CANT do 28miles a gallon!!!! go check for yourself http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/library/.....ndex_fuel.htm... now youre telling me americans are evil gas sucking people? go tell BMW or Mercedes to make me a 5.7L engine that can produce 28Miles a gallon and pump 400horsepower for less than $45,000 and come back and tell me who is sucking all that gas...

and the reasons why american cars have big engines is because here, people can drive cars and trucks almost anywhere they want, from the feild to the city, and these trucks demand big towing power, can a 4cylinder turbo deisel with no toruque pull anything more than the tires the car rides on???... now tell me do u even know what a Hemi engine is? probably the most powerful engine per litre or "cc"... infact the old 69 hemi engines can sell for more than most BMW's or mercedes cars

WTF? Calm down dude. The Ram's have alot of power but not for speed. I can bet that an Ram can't go at 300 KM/h like a BMW can do... The old ones that don't have speed limit set to 250 KM/h. Now, the little VW Diesel engine has a huge torque, it might not have alot of power, but it can pull a Caravan without any problems.

INFO: Mercedes-Benz C Class 35 000$CAN Supercharged 1.8-litre 16-valve 4-cylinder 189 hp @ 5,800 rpm 192 lb -ft torque @ 3,500?4,000 rpm+BRABUS 2.6 S Kompressor, 250 hp / 184 kW, 320 Nm at 4 000 rpm. Note that 439HP for a coupe is alot. It gets to 439HP, BTW Mercedes-Benz is not a sports car, it's a luxury car... Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV) certification.

Edited by Impulfusion

You've apparently never seen this...

yup...apparently europe is clueless just how popular SUV's and Pickups can be. Dodge Rams come now with 345HP Hemi engines with 500HP V10's as options on the R/T's. Makes the tiny Civics and Beemers look sad and slow.

Bite down on that Honda fanboys!

BTW, A BMW can beat up at speed a Pick-Up very easy and a BMW is not used for the same things as a Pick-Up so you cant match those..

You're right...BMW's and RAM's are very different...RAM's are just allaround better vehicles.!

:D

Yeah, sure that why a RAM eats alot more gas than a BMW: It's american and americans are EVIL! Everything they make is for high usage of gas and thats why Everyone has RAM's and not BMW's. The price is mostly the same... BMW 150 000$ RAM 50 000$ Guess why? :p

actually go and do your research before u compare everything to a super small VW deisel engine or a Honda/Toyota hybrid car and compare it to anything anyone has every built, if u want to compare two similiar cars, go check the nissan altima and the chevy malibu, both are cars in the exact same class targeted to the exact same people and share similiar drivetrains and body size and engine... and you will see that an american V6 produces better gas mileage (3 miles better) than most european and japanese V6 engines... youre comparing that dodge ram SRT-10 with an 8.3L Dodge Viper engine to a 3.3L BMW M3 or maybe an M5 engine which are upto less than half the size of the 8.3? of curse the bmw will get better mileage u dumbass... and if u want to talk about mileage and nothing else, go see the corvettes 5.7L engine which no other car company in the world can match the mileage of aroun 29 MILES A GALLON, most 4cylinder engines barely do that(altima 4cyl 2.5L does 1 more mile a gallon than the more than twice as big corvette motor), MOST V6's (max 4L) CANT do 28miles a gallon!!!! go check for yourself http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/library/.....ndex_fuel.htm... now youre telling me americans are evil gas sucking people? go tell BMW or Mercedes to make me a 5.7L engine that can produce 28Miles a gallon and pump 400horsepower for less than $45,000 and come back and tell me who is sucking all that gas...

and the reasons why american cars have big engines is because here, people can drive cars and trucks almost anywhere they want, from the feild to the city, and these trucks demand big towing power, can a 4cylinder turbo deisel with no toruque pull anything more than the tires the car rides on???... now tell me do u even know what a Hemi engine is? probably the most powerful engine per litre or "cc"... infact the old 69 hemi engines can sell for more than most BMW's or mercedes cars

WTF? Calm down dude. The Ram's have alot of power but not for speed. I can bet that an Ram can't go at 300 KM/h like a BMW can do... The old ones that don't have speed limit set to 250 KM/h. Now, the little VW Diesel engine has a huge torque, it might not have alot of power, but it can pull a Caravan without any problems.

INFO: Mercedes-Benz C Class 35 000$CAN Supercharged 1.8-litre 16-valve 4-cylinder 189 hp @ 5,800 rpm 192 lb -ft torque @ 3,500?4,000 rpm+BRABUS 2.6 S Kompressor, 250 hp / 184 kW, 320 Nm at 4 000 rpm. Note that 439HP for a coupe is alot. It gets to 439HP, BTW Mercedes-Benz is not a sports car, it's a luxury car... Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV) certification.

I think everyone forgets why the European and American automobliles are built differently. The AutoBohn (sp?) is what shaped the design/building of the most European cars. Not because they just felt like having good gas milages and fast cars. It was because the public there needed and desired that type of auotmobile. Simple supply and demand really. Where as Americans needed and wanted vechiles that could take them almost anywhere. To the camping spot off the beaten path, or to the local supermarket. Most of the post WWII cars from American Manufactors where designed for that type of use. Now days that is not the case, but it set the paths that the manufacters would strive to hit for the last few decades. Just like why here in alaska car dealership place all the trucks in the front of the lot and usually are stocked with about 60 or 70 % 4x4 vechiles. Or why there are few trucks/suv sold in Euro.

mxp, yes i have looked at the price difference, thats is why if you read my post i suggested other cars to like the 3000

im not knokin your car, im just wonderin

personally i have heard alot of good things about itr's, i was just wonderin why you would buy that and not something faster for the same money

just a question, please dont take it personally cause that is not how it was meant.... like i said, i used to be into imports too.

and just how fast does your itr go? can you give me times and hp ratings? i am just curious

peace.. and btw, i do like your itr, it looks really cool, and i would probably be one of thoose people staring at it if i saw it on the road cause they are so rare.

peace

its cool man

my itr goes 14.13 1/4 mile and has 245 whp

QUOTE (bluerei @ Jan 27 2003, 18:58)

here's me car waiting for mechanic at dealership

Nissan Fairlady Z for people who didn't know

Dealership waiting for a mechanic at an Auto Show?

Never heard of such a thing.

The dealership is called an automall, tard.

:angry:

quicksilver you are making me cry,..... an RS???

you could have bought a gst or x, for probably the same as that with all the $ you have put into it...

eeekk

btw, no matter what turbo you get, that engine cant handle alot of boost without some major cash...

the 4g63 on the other hand, can go up to about 24 no prob...

ahh man, but it looks nice i guess.

PS.. 300 in that thing is going to be hard to reach, and it is not made to harness it either, be careful, your car will be shot in one day of bad driving...

you should really get into a dsm club, they will help you with just about anything you need. and they are not just teenagers looking to rice out their cars, they are serious players, who love dsm's.. they will help you out for shure..

the guy that always helped me, was 53 years old, and was getting 600+ out of his 91, he went for the 1st gen cause no turbo creep :) mine was a 90, and I went for the 1st gen just cause that is what i could afford. It came with 205 stock, I had it up to about 270 when i sold it..

DSM's rule!!!!!!