The Big Wrestling Thread!

10 hours ago, LOC said:

Haven't seen any rumors about him, has there been any talk of him returning to WWE?

Haven't seen any talk of that; seems like he just decided not to sign a new contract. He's still in Evolve, ICW, WCPW, and the big Dominant Wrestling tournament that 5* Wrestling and Spike are doing in the summer, so he's still pretty busy, anyway.

Also, PWInsider say The Hardys' TNA contracts expire this week, and they haven't signed a new contract yet (cue the WWE return rumours): http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/809741-backstage-news-on-drew-galloways-tna-departure-more-big-names-possibly-leaving-the-company

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

Haven't seen any talk of that; seems like he just decided not to sign a new contract. He's still in Evolve, ICW, WCPW, and the big Dominant Wrestling tournament that 5* Wrestling and Spike are doing in the summer, so he's still pretty busy, anyway.

Also, PWInsider say The Hardys' TNA contracts expire this week, and they haven't signed a new contract yet (cue the WWE return rumours): http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/809741-backstage-news-on-drew-galloways-tna-departure-more-big-names-possibly-leaving-the-company

Well unless the Hardy's can bring their Broken gimmick with them, I don't know if WWE would be interested really. Sure, for nostalgia and what not. Also, let's face it. If they do sign them regardless of the Broken stuff or not - the WWE crowd will make them DELETE everything :D

The rumours are growing...

On the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, host Dave Meltzer noted WWE is “certainly in the ballgame, if not likely,” with regards to signing The Hardys. Additionally, Matt and Jeff Hardy are currently accepting no independent dates past May, as they claim they might not be able to fulfill them. They also noted that might change.

As for The Hardy’s ongoing talks with TNA, it’s being said the current backstage changes taking place in the company, along with Jeff Jarrett returning to a position of power, might make it more likely Matt and Jeff will leave, however that has yet to be finalized and they are still negotiating.

Reby Hardy noted over the weekend that The Hardys will be closing their online store, as it’s becoming too difficult for Reby to manage being a mother and having another child on the way.

The next set of Impact Wrestling tapings takes place March 2nd to the 5th, and the tapings are reportedly built around The Hardys, so it will be an interesting TNA week to say the least. Keep it locked to WZ as we will keep you updated throughout the week as new information becomes available.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Broken Matt and Jeff Hardy will NOT be signing new deals with Impact Wrestling … and it’s because they felt disrespected during contract talks.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us the Hardy Boyz agreed to terms on a new deal back in December, but needed a few minor changes, and were simply waiting for the finalized offer.

We’re told the deal was supposed to be for 1-year in length. Weeks and weeks passed, with Matt constantly checking in, but they were consistently given the run around.

Eventually Matt and Jeff’s lawyer told Impact Wrestling officials that they wanted a creative control clause in their new deals … which was shot down immediately. One source says their lawyer told Ed Nordholm there was interest from other companies and he responded by saying, “Well, tell them to go to WWE then.”

This set Jeff Hardy off, who at that point said he was no longer interested in re-signing. Matt continued talks, but when they sent a new contract last week it was now a 2-year deal and terms had been snuck in which stated they’d receive 10% of all his profits outside of Impact.

Matt’s lawyer said he’d be a fool to sign, so he informed the company he wasn’t interested in doing so — but would still come to the tapings to write off his characters. However, he was told he was crazy to think they’d want him on TV without a contact.

We’re told Impact officials are currently trying to get their tag titles back.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/broken-matt-jeff-hardy-not-signing-impact/#.WLR-QxIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

^^That sounds really off to me. I mean, its the wrestling biz so sure that kinda stuff happens. But personally, I don't think anyone in TNA would be that stupid to think they wouldn't butter their bread right now with the whole popularity of the Broken gimmick. I mean, I guess with Jarrett coming back in somewhat could change things around a bit. But eh, seems off as a story. Also, the final line of the story seems like something a 15 year old would put into the actual   article.

9 hours ago, LOC said:

^^That sounds really off to me. I mean, its the wrestling biz so sure that kinda stuff happens. But personally, I don't think anyone in TNA would be that stupid to think they wouldn't butter their bread right now with the whole popularity of the Broken gimmick. I mean, I guess with Jarrett coming back in somewhat could change things around a bit. But eh, seems off as a story. Also, the final line of the story seems like something a 15 year old would put into the actual   article.

Sounds like a work to me. Most probably an angle. However, I would lose my $h!t if they somehow managed to 'delete' WWE on raw after wrestlemania or even better yet on wrestlemania.

Just imagine the pop they will get with their broken gimmick on raw after wrestlemania or on wrestlemania itself

Well according to Matt's own tweets (cuz you know, those are the end all be all of truth these days) he and Jeff are gone from TNA/Impact Wrestling. So, who knows anymore. Could all be a giant work, or they could be heading to WWE or ROH etc. But wouldn't it be amazing if WWE started working with Impact and had a whole big thing like they used to do back in the ECW/WCW days etc. Oh yeah that would be awesome. But, highly unlikely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LOC said:

I was going to say Pro Wrestling Sheet are usually reliable, but no need now, since Matt confirmed it himself. :p They also mentioned regarding Drew Galloway that one of the reasons he decided to leave TNA is because they left it too late to offer him a new contract. That's believable, especially since it seems they did the same with their biggest draw. And speaking of the Hardys again, if this story is to be believed, we may have another Ultimate Warrior/Pentagon Jr. situation on our hands.

50 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

They have a whole department looking at trends and what bandwagons they can jump on ;)

Hell, they're even being topical on TV now! :o 

• Like 1

BTW lets assume that the wrestlemania match for WWE Champtionship is Bray vs Randy vs Luke. How would you do the booking?

I would go something like this

1. Luke wins against AJ

2. Luke attacks and disrupts bray's matches

3. Randy protects bray time and time again by taking hits by luke meant for bray

4. Bray asks randy to become part of his match thinking that randy will help him retain

5. Randy agrees

6. Randy helps bray in wrestlemania match to neutralize luke and then turns on bray during the match

7. I want bray to retain the title by pinning randy clean.

This way randy's viper persona is solidified and bray is put over at wrestlemania by pinning randy. He will become the most over guy post wrestlemania in my opinion if booked this way. If luke loses without being pinned it might not cause his push to disappear, but that's a long shot.

25 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

The one he has been running with for years?

Yes but hasn't that rep taken a slight hit because of this lengthy allegiance to bray? For the casual fan this side of randy, bending on his knee in front of bray may have just put a dent in that, dont you think?

1 hour ago, philixus1988 said:

Yes but hasn't that rep taken a slight hit because of this lengthy allegiance to bray? For the casual fan this side of randy, bending on his knee in front of bray may have just put a dent in that, dont you think?

Not in the least.  Everyone knows who and what Orton is, everyone is waiting for him to turn.  You'd have to have only watched wrestling for a few months to not know anything beyond him aligning with Bray, and even then the bigger picture has been hinted at enough times.