The Big Wrestling Thread!

1 minute ago, philixus1988 said:

Frankly it won't be best for business. Cena is leaving for hollywood as well. He will be a part timer. Miz on the other hand needs to rub so that he can be smackdown's or even WWE's best heel in years.

I wonder if there is real life heat between cena and miz. If so then only that can be a reason for miz losing to cena in an intergender tag match.

I personally think miz will win but I can see the validity of your concern.

miz and owens are natural heels. owens would be a great heel if they let him talk like he normally does on twitter

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wendy oltman said:

miz and owens are natural heels. owens would be a great heel if they let him talk like he normally does on twitter

Yeah but owen is a sarcastic dissing heel whereas miz is a shooting sort of heel. I have always preferred the later. That is why I like CM Punk vs Jericho feud.

Miz is a much better heel in that sense. If miz had the in ring talent of owens, he would be a natural pick for heel of the company.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 7:55 PM, episode said:

Miz isn't winning at WM. The whole match (and from what they did last night, I'm now sure of it with the 'your relationship is only for show', 'he doesn't love you') is so that Cena can propose to Nikki in the ring after they win.

Oh no, please no.  Cena and a wedding angle?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Oh no, please no.  Cena and a wedding angle?

Seems like it. At least the rumor mill says that all the 'Their relationship is not real' talk by the miz is to set up a 'Will you marry me?' moment for cena at wrestlemania after he wins the match. They are obviously trying to clone Savage and Ms. Elizabeth.

4 hours ago, philixus1988 said:

Frankly it won't be best for business. Cena is leaving for hollywood as well. He will be a part timer. Miz on the other hand needs to rub so that he can be smackdown's or even WWE's best heel in years.

I wonder if there is real life heat between cena and miz. If so then only that can be a reason for miz losing to cena in an intergender tag match.

I personally think miz will win but I can see the validity of your concern.

Did... did you read what I replied to you last time? The whole reason the match exists is so Cena can propose to Nikki in the ring after they win. And Miz/Maryse are the best 'couple' they could put them against. They aren't having Renee Young wrestle, and Naomi and whichever Uso are terrible. 

So theres your reasons. Don't need to find other ones.

1 minute ago, episode said:

Did... did you read what I replied to you last time? The whole reason the match exists is so Cena can propose to Nikki in the ring after they win.

But isn't that a just rumor out of left field? Its definitely not set in stone.

Just now, philixus1988 said:

But isn't that a just rumor out of left field? Its definitely not set in stone.

So was every other rumor. Such as AJ vs Shane. They are all coming true. And like I said, the way they are building the match, with Miz saying both on SDL and Talking Smack about how the Cena/Nikki relationship is 'fake' and 'just for show' - it builds perfectly to a proposal. 

You might not like it, and thats fine, but it is exactly what they are doing.

1 minute ago, episode said:

So was every other rumor. Such as AJ vs Shane. They are all coming true. And like I said, the way they are building the match, with Miz saying both on SDL and Talking Smack about how the Cena/Nikki relationship is 'fake' and 'just for show' - it builds perfectly to a proposal. 

You might not like it, and thats fine, but it is exactly what they are doing.

I guess but it seems such a waste of Miz's time. He should be fighting for at least the intercontinental title. This match just looks like jobbing to me.

Just now, philixus1988 said:

I guess but it seems such a waste of Miz's time. He should be fighting for at least the intercontinental title. This match just looks like jobbing to me.

Miz jobs for a while, then gets the title and then back to jobbing

4 hours ago, philixus1988 said:

A match with Cena at WrestleMania is 50 times more high profile than an IC title match. You would have to be delusional to think otherwise.

5 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Here's how Impact Wrestling wrote off the Hardys...

So, they basically killed them off in a transporter accident. Nice....

42 minutes ago, LOC said:

So, they basically killed them off in a transporter accident. Nice....

Pretty much. And Matt retaliated by uploading footage of the match that was supposed to air (which CWF Mid-Atlantic already uploaded to YouTube, anyway).

And a farewell message in-between...

And moving onwards to tonight in the Honourable Ring...

21 hours ago, episode said:

A match with Cena at WrestleMania is 50 times more high profile than an IC title match. You would have to be delusional to think otherwise.

Not if you are jobbing. This isn't going to get him a push he obviously needs.

They didn't use the Broken gimmick on the PPV last night, apparently because Anthem - Impact Wrestling's new owners - issued cease and desist letters to ROH as well as the providers showing the PPV. Reby went on quite a big rant on Twitter in response, suggesting that Anthem's also suing the Hardys, and that they even went after Senor Benjamin, who's her dad, and according to her, wasn't even under contract. There's a lot of swearing in it, so I won't link the tweets, but it's quoted on that link, with the final parting shot pinned on her page: "And ###### that owl."

EDIT: Part 2 of her rant.

Edited by MightyJordan

Spoiler

^^ Finally he wins a major world title. It's been long overdue, it was a hell of a match, and a great PPV overall.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:49 AM, philixus1988 said:

Not if you are jobbing. This isn't going to get him a push he obviously needs.

So a match with Taker doesn't do anyone any good because they are going to lose?

Just because you lose a match doesn't make you a jobber. Someone has to lose most matches. He's in two feuds currently - Cena and Bryan. The two, without a doubt, biggest stars in the last 5 years. He doesn't need a push. He's the best true heel on SDL.