The Big Wrestling Thread!

Shucky ducky, quack quack.

While new Raw commentator David Otunga is spending the next six weeks shooting “Katrina,” an upcoming action film, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T will be temporarily joining Michael Cole and Corey Graves at the Team Red announce desk.

The change comes mere days after the Superstar Shake-up moved Otunga from the SmackDown LIVE broadcast team to Raw, while the red brand’s Byron Saxton went to Team Blue. Booker, a longtime former SmackDown commentator and frequent Kickoff panelist, will now bring his insight — and unending supply of catchphrases — to Monday night’s hottest show until Otunga returns to WWE TV in late May.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/booker-t-raw-announce-team

tumblr_nzbno6qaOH1s8dwjeo1_400.gif

Edited by MightyJordan

On 4/9/2017 at 11:32 PM, LOC said:

Yeah its actually pretty shocking to me that Vince, HHH and WWE are letting them finish up their indy and outside bookings like this. I mean, good on them for allowing it, but at the end of the day I feel all workers should get this treatment as well. :| 

Most of them do get to complete their prior commitments. They just don't debut in NXT/WWE until they are done. 

The Revival’s Dash Wilder suffered a jaw injury over the weekend during an NXT Live Event, WWE.com has learned. The injury comes in the wake of the two-time NXT Tag Team Champions’ huge back-to-back victories over former Raw Tag Team Champions The New Day since their Team Red debut the night after WrestleMania.

“On Friday night, following an in-ring injury to the right side of his jaw, we sent [Wilder] to the ER for a cat scan," NXT medical personnel Dr. Jeff Westerfield told WWE.com. "The test came back showing a jaw fracture. As a result, he will be getting his jaw wired [Friday at 9 a.m.] and we are looking forward to him being back on the main roster in about eight weeks.”

Despite the prognosis, Dash and his tag team partner Scott Dawson both classified the situation as nothing more than a “minor speed-bump in the legacy of The Revival.”

"Is it frustrating? Of course it is," Wilder stated to WWE.com "But it's not going to stop The Revival. This is nothing. I've had worse than this and didn't even bat an eye. I'd be out there tonight with my jaw wired shut if they'd let me. We're as tough as we are talented. The last two weeks on Raw were just the beginning for us. We'll be back to take what's ours: those pretty little Raw Tag Team Titles."

“We’re two hard-headed, southern-minded individuals,” added a fired-up Dawson. “If it were up to us, we would be on Monday Night Raw tonight. We will be back and continue to do what we have always done and that’s barrel through every tag team. No matter whether it’s a jaw, a knee, an ankle or an ice cream cart, we are going to go through ya and make sure we get as much money in our bank account as possible."

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/dash-wilder-injury-update?sf71052856=1

WWE is saddened to learn that Matt Anoa’i, known to fans as Rosey, has passed away at age 47. The son of WWE Hall of Famer Sika and older brother of WWE Superstar Roman Reigns, Rosey grew up in the legendary Anoa’i wrestling dynasty. 

He debuted in 2002 alongside his cousin Jamal as part of 3-Minute Warning. The imposing, powerful tandem tore through Raw’s tag team division before going their separate ways. Rosey then formed a beloved superhero duo with The Hurricane, which culminated in his first World Tag Team Championship reign.

http://www.wwe.com/article/rosey-passes-away?sf71207866=1

Mauro Ranallo, a commentator on the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) program SmackDown Live , has left the company.

In a statement to Newsweek, Ranallo also denied recent reports that his departure was due to growing animosity with his on-air broadcast partner John “Bradshaw” Layfield, who has been accused by wrestling media outlets and friends of Ranallo of being openly hostile to the play-by-play announcer.

“WWE and I have mutually agreed to part ways. It has nothing to do with JBL,” Ranallo told Newsweek by email. A WWE spokesperson confirmed Ranallo’s exit and said he will remain under contract through August 12.

http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-mauro-ranallo-wwe-part-ways-588181

I know this isn't WWE related specifically or Impact, ROH etc (unless some of these guys have either worked with US companies or will work with them in the future, so who knows) per se, but I know we have a lot of UK wrestling fans around these parts :D  This is a full IPWUK PPV as far as I can tell, from a recent event called the UK Supershow 8 (sadly not Extreme Measures which is this Sunday, with X-Pac and Tommy Dreamer on that one) so, enjoy hopefully:

• Like 1