The Big Wrestling Thread!

4 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

It's make things very very interesting if smackdown could get away from RAWs shadow even more.  For me it's the better show ATM,and could become even better if they actually started to compete with each other and could go out and sign people.  

I know they're all WWE, but lets make this brand split more real.

I wonder how Bayley is gonna do as a heel, if they ever actually pull the trigger on that. Considering how positive she is in character, its not really surprising she's like that IRL of course. Real life usually imparts most of the in ring character most of the time. Most of the time.... heh.

22 hours ago, LOC said:

I wonder how Bayley is gonna do as a heel, if they ever actually pull the trigger on that. Considering how positive she is in character, its not really surprising she's like that IRL of course. Real life usually imparts most of the in ring character most of the time. Most of the time.... heh.

WWE needs to figure out quite a bit when it comes to her and others which seem to be stuck in limbo.

I know FOX the TV channel isn't FOX News and all, but I just  can't help but feel its a poor move imo. And the fact that mainstream audiences never really watch wrestling on TV much these days, unless it airs on FOX Sports or something? I dunno, not happy about it but in the end whatever keeps things going for them, and makes them money, I guess is what needs to be.

33 minutes ago, LOC said:

I know FOX the TV channel isn't FOX News and all, but I just  can't help but feel its a poor move imo. And the fact that mainstream audiences never really watch wrestling on TV much these days, unless it airs on FOX Sports or something? I dunno, not happy about it but in the end whatever keeps things going for them, and makes them money, I guess is what needs to be.

Politics aside, it is a no-brainer for them; the deal's reportedly worth $205 million a year to them over five years, so SmackDown's officially a billion-dollar show, and being back on broadcast TV can only be a good thing, as their potential audience will skyrocket. Hopefully it'll be good news for us fans, too, since they'll be under pressure to keep up the quality of the show, as Fox are usually pretty quick to drop/cancel a show if it's not doing well in the ratings. Meanwhile, Raw is apparently going to triple in value while remaining on the USA network. And unsurprisingly, WWE's stock is hitting record highs, thanks to the Fox deal news, so Shane McMahon's theme has probably been on loop all day at Stamford.

And now for something completely different: a future Darwin Award winner.

14 hours ago, LOC said:

I see it as good because Smackdown can get away from RAW, give it room to grow and not be the B show and under RAWs shadow forever.  Plus with these bigger deals for both shows maybe WWE can bring in more talent to both shows and grow it, I know I'm tired of watching the same handful of people fighting every week.

Quote button is missing on mobile, so gonna have to paste in as normal.

With WWE moving to co-branded PPVs featuring talents from both Raw and Smackdown, one of the most asked questions among PWInsider.com readers was whether WWE intended to extend the length of their PPVs to accomodate all that talent.  It appears that answer is yes.

PWInsider.com has been told by several sources that WWE reached out to international broadcast partners, including SkyTV and InDemand PPV to inform them that as of the 6/17 Money in the Bank PPV, their PPV events will kick off at 7 PM Eastern/4 PM Pacific (which means a Kickoff Show at 6 PM) and that the PPVs could run as long as four hours.

We are also told that cornerstone events, such as Summerslam, etc. could run longer.

In Demand's website currently lists Money in the Bank as starting at 6:30 PM EST, as they carry the final 30 minutes of the Kickoff Show leading into the PPV.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/117629/big-change-coming-to-wwe-ppv-events.html?p=1

Close enough...

2018-05-21-never-ending-smackdown-2.jpg

WWE really seems to want to lose viewers. 4-hour PPVs? forget about the US/Canada, don't events start at like 1 am in England? and now they expect you guys to be up an extra hour on a Monday morning?

soon, we're all going to have to take a day off work just to watch a PPV.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, timster said:

WWE really seems to want to lose viewers. 4-hour PPVs? forget about the US/Canada, don't events start at like 1 am in England? and now they expect you guys to be up an extra hour on a Monday morning?

soon, we're all going to have to take a day off work just to watch a PPV.

It's fine if it's an hour longer as long as we get lots of matches.  Few people seem to know that they have 1 or 2 matches before most of the big PPVs start that people at home don't see.   

?Jesus, what a week he's having; made his ROH debut last night, challenging for the TV title, and now this!