The Big Wrestling Thread!

^^ I did see that this morning. Sasha was throwing some shade during the show, as well.

In more positive news, Simon Miller made his pro wrestling debut last night!

I don't know if anyone here watches WhatCulture's wrestling videos, but if you do, odds are you're familiar with him; he's arguably one of the guys keeping the channel afloat since the big personalities left and formed Cultaholic last year. I've been following him for a good few years now, going back to his work at Videogamer.com - where The Miller Report began and eventually grew into its own channel, along with all of the other stuff he's doing now - and it's amazing to see how far he's come.

• Like 2

Man, as a life long wrestling fan - its amazing to see Simon Miller fulfill his dream of becoming a pro wrestler. Glad to see the crowd pop also. Now I can't wait to see him debut on RAW and take out Lesnar.

• Like 2

Ugh, I'd have nightmares with a doorbell chime like that. Also, what was with that filter on Reby's phone there! Holy blown out whites batman!

So... Having finally watched GRR - gotta say what a tonne of BS.  Politically that is.

So WWE parade around this "Women's revolution" stuff, but at the first scent of arab $$$ they see fit to shelve that and bend over for rich saudi princes, making a mockery of it all.  Not only this but also playing all the promos claiming how progressive Saudi Arabia is?  This is a country where women were stoned for adultery up until recently, and in some cases as the victims of rape!  Shove it up your a$$ Vince!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, LOC said:

Ugh, I'd have nightmares with a doorbell chime like that. Also, what was with that filter on Reby's phone there! Holy blown out whites batman!

I assume it was Snapchat. I stopped using it a couple of months ago, so I wouldn't know for sure; it's the dog filter I'm familiar with, thanks to seeing it on so many dating profiles...

16 minutes ago, NJL said:

So... Having finally watched GRR - gotta say what a tonne of BS.  Politically that is.

So WWE parade around this "Women's revolution" stuff, but at the first scent of arab $$$ they see fit to shelve that and bend over for rich saudi princes, making a mockery of it all.  Not only this but also playing all the promos claiming how progressive Saudi Arabia is?  This is a country where women were stoned for adultery up until recently, and in some cases as the victims of rape!  Shove it up your a$$ Vince!

On top of all that, when they slipped up and showed some of the women through that awful musical ad for the co-branded PPVs, the organisers issued that statement reassuring people there won't be any women's wrestling whatsoever in future.

They signed a bloody 10-year deal, too - allegedly worth $200 million - so there's gonna be a lot more where that came from. Hell, it seems they're heading back there as soon as November...

If you want a recent story of Vince getting his arse handed to him, though, seems like his XFL revival might be dead before it even gets off the ground. I found out recently there's another new American football league starting up with some big backing behind it: the Alliance of American Football, co-founded by Charlie Ebersol, son of Dick Ebersol, who co-founded the original XFL with Vince, and also did that great "This Was the XFL" documentary for ESPN. They're planning to get up and running next year straight after the Super Bowl, so they'll beat the XFL to the field by a year, and with CBS backing them, Vince's XFL revival will probably be dead on arrival now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

On top of all that, when they slipped up and showed some of the women through that awful musical ad for the co-branded PPVs, the organisers issued that statement reassuring people there won't be any women's wrestling whatsoever in future.

They signed a bloody 10-year deal, too - allegedly worth $200 million - so there's gonna be a lot more where that came from. Hell, it seems they're heading back there as soon as November...

Exactly.  Don't get me wrong, I don't expect corporates to not pursue financial agendas, but don't then pretend to be "inclusive" and "supporting women" when you also support regimes that are so intolerant.

• Like 2

Yup, still awesome to see Simon Miller make his debut like that. And while it was only like 40 seconds of him actually in the ring doing anything, he looked OK for his first time. You can tell he was a bit hesitant with that press slam into the ups and downs thingy. Though I do like how he's calling it the ups and downs - cuz you know Whatculture Wrestling videos he does right?! heh.

Also, he looks way, way slimmer and less uh, "massive" than I thought he'd look. I mean he's ripped for sure compared to any normal human - but he also seems I dunno, smaller somehow? The singlet was a nice touch though. And the crowd was certainly into him and knew who he was, which musta felt great for him! Puts a smile on my face every time I think about it actually. Really glad for him and I hope he can go places in his wrestling  career, I mean knowing he's an older guy starting out now he reminds me of DDP.

23 hours ago, timster said:

I'm sure a lot of you haven't heard of RJ City, he's based in Toronto. He's kind of a funny guy too.

Can't say I have heard of him before. The catchphrase doesn't ring a bell, either, but then again, I've been slow to pick up on those before; took me a while before I found out why people were going "It's yersel!" when Grado started getting popular. Looking at his Twitter, though, I'm curious...

See he's also wrestling at House of Hardcore when they go to Canada next month.

Speaking of HOH, Tommy Dreamer had a great comedy match over the weekend with a guy called "The ManScout" Jake Manning at Sami Callihan's Wrestling Revolver promotion that Impact streamed on Twitch. I'll just leave this clip they made...

Oh, and speaking of Sami Callihan, he's really milking the heel heat he's getting for all its worth. He had a street fight against Kevin Sullivan a few weeks ago (yes, the Taskmaster) and left him looking pretty bad, and now Don Callis took one for the team.