The Big Wrestling Thread!

18 minutes ago, LOC said:

Well WWE made it official - Trish is taking on Alexa at the Evolution PPV. I'm down for more Trish since she was great considering how she started out (ugh) :) Also, I guess that means either Rhonda Rousey won't win the title tonight, or she does and WWE just wants Trish to take on Alexa for some reason (maybe for the title, maybe not?).

Spoiler

I'm assuming Rousey's winning the title at SummerSlam tonight, since the match graphic for Trish vs. Alexa didn't have the RAW Women's Championship in sight, and no mention in the text, hence why I mentioned it as a potential SummerSlam spoiler last night.

33 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Looks like Shayna Basler is moving up to main roster soon. 

Thoroughly deserved if she is. Rumour has it they're planning a battle of both Four Horsewomen stables, so I wouldn't be surprised if Baszler gets called up very soon to join Rousey. Would sound ideal for Survivor Series, but the other two on the MMA side - Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir - only got signed in May, so it'd probably be too soon to get them ready by then, especially since Rousey had been training since last August.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Yeah, but Basler's been doing it for a while before NXT, so ...

Yeah, she'll do just fine, and hopefully Ronda will, too; it's just the other two that'd be of concern.

So I wasn't up on the whole four horsewomen thing (I still think that just sounds horrible lol) but they were all MMA fighters at the time and big wrestling fans ... right? Now they just all happen to be in WWE? Interesting I'd say :)

24 minutes ago, LOC said:

So I wasn't up on the whole four horsewomen thing (I still think that just sounds horrible lol) but they were all MMA fighters at the time and big wrestling fans ... right? Now they just all happen to be in WWE? Interesting I'd say :)

Yep, that's exactly it, and WWE also has its own Four Horsewomen in the form of Bayley, Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair & Sasha Banks. Seems inevitable that there's gonna be a match between the two stables now.

Ah right, I forgot the other women were together in NXT no? An 8-women's brawl, sounds good to me, especially with some of the people involved. Realistically the team not including the MMA women stand zero chance but its WWE, so anything could happen I suppose.

Just like Samoa Joe could win tonight :D

Not a terrible PPV, just some things were more unexpected than others.

(We all had to see Rousey vs Bliss as being an unmitigated squash match, though ...)

Well let's put it this way, NXT Takeover was so much better than Summerslam - that Vince should be ashamed to call Summerslam a main roster PPV :P

There was some good matches on SS of course, Bryan vs. Miz was very good as was Styles vs. Joe. But and let this sink in, the IC match between Rollins and Ziggler was 23 minutes long. The rest of the RAW only matches, were about 14-15 minutes TOTAL put together. That's horrible. I mean, I get it with Rousey, and even the Lesnar match I guess. But come on. Still, a pretty good showing in the matches, the talent were good. The booking and story telling, not so much. When Cole vs. Richocet had way better wrestling and story telling than anything on  the SS card, that's saying a lot.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned former Cruiserweight Champion Neville is no longer under contract with WWE.

While details are scarce, a source with direct knowledge of the situation has now confirmed Neville — formerly known as PAC — is not tied down to a WWE deal as of this moment.

No word on when WWE parted ways with the wrestler, therefore it’s unclear if he’s still under a no compete clause.

As we previously reported, the 32-year-old wrestler walked out on WWE in October 2017 and he’s been radio silent since vanishing from the company.

Earlier this week … Cody Rhodes tweeted saying he missed Neville. Matt Jackson replied saying, “Me too. I talked to him the other day. He’s good.”

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/neville-wwe-contract/#.W4C0mVRKgdU

So, where do we reckon he'll go? Impact, ROH, or NJPW?

If he's smart, NJPW or ROH for sure. If he just wants some exposure, and money quick, Impact. Or he could just resign/whatever with WWE in the end. I mean we still don't know what happened to begin with right? So who knows at this point.

Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported last night that Neville is no longer under a WWE contract. WWE has since confirmed the news, with Dave Meltzer noting that Neville is free to wrestle elsewhere now.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/neville-no-longer-under-contract-wwe-264566

...so, All In, anyone? Could be a surprise entry in the Over Budget Battle Royal.

Speaking of which, Cody explained in the latest behind-the-scenes video where they got the money for that match...

Thank god they're giving wrestling another try after the shambles that was 5* Wrestling.

The PWI 500 is out!

GEmKJnMUC3cDScn27wLPILtqiwp3dfKCHbqgflBRMP4.thumb.jpg.252a76dfea1c2b068d27f6ad8450bf6d.jpg

The top 10:

1. Kenny Omega
  2. AJ Styles
  3. Kazuchika Okada
  4. Brock Lesnar
  5. Seth Rollins
  6. Braun Strowman
  7. Roman Reigns
  8. Cody
  9. Tetsuya Naito
  10. The Miz