The Big Wrestling Thread!

The new spokesman for Lashley is officially the worst of the show.  He is actually worse than Booker's Wife which I never thought it would be possible.  I doubt I will continue watching if they keep letting him have a mic.

On a different note, I didn't see that coming from Roman...

Yeah, he's been in remission for about 10 years but now the leukemia came back. Was pleasantly surprised the crowd didn't ######## cheer him announcing he has cancer again or that he was relinquishing the title. Same with the IWC, seems most are actually kinda upset over this and haven't made smarky ###### jokes about him or what have you. Cancer isn't something one normally jokes about, but hopefully within the next year or so, Roman will be back on WWE TV cracking jokes about how he body slammed cancer yet again and bet it for the title of awesome human being.

Also, did they just turn Strowman face again?

^^ Yes, they turned him face. I guess because Kevin Owens turned face and then went out with an injury, Elias is now face? I don't know, WWE's logic scares me.

6 minutes ago, LOC said:

^^ Yes, they turned him face. I guess because Kevin Owens turned face and then went out with an injury, Elias is now face? I don't know, WWE's logic scares me.

I remember back in the 80s when "turning face" meant two roid-monsters looking very confused at how to shake hands while people lost their ######!

So... Roman Reigns.  What a horrible announcement, and my thoughts go out to him and his family.  I was genuinely upset by him having to quit for such a horrible issue.

I feel that his career was just about to get interesting; with Brock (supposedly) off the scene moving forward (past the clusterfunk that is Crown Jewel), I felt he was being "shoved down our throats" less and ready to become a decent face.  I applaud the crowd and pundits for shelving the boos, it shows they are smarter than we give credit for and only playing into the storyline and markery when appropriate.  Heyman gave an awesome speech too.

So then Ambrose doing what he did... At first I felt it a bit jarring, but when would have been a better time?  It was actually a damned smart move, it applied a veneer or storyline over the night's events without taking anything away from Reigns.  Fair play.

So, I'm watching Crown Jewel, and not once, has Saudi Arabia been mentioned by name.

Real American blasting in Riyadh ....

Hearing "fight for your right" at an event in KSA is a bit much, since 50% of the population would likely disappear if they fought for any rights.

I went from part 1 of Ultima Lucha Cuatro straight to Crown Jewel, and what a contrast that was. Ultima Lucha was awesome as usual and got me hyped for next week's finale; Crown Jewel was peak 2000 WCW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1