The Big Wrestling Thread!

TNA Bound for Glory takes place this year at the Viejas Arena in San Diego, CA. The arena seats a maximum of about 12,000 people for concert events, with row seating being added for wrestling events. Bound for Glory is nowhere near sold out tonight, with almost the entire non-camera side of the building completely empty.

TNA has moved everyone across from the hard camera area, meaning that wrestlers are often working for empty chairs during promos and big spots, as they are trained to face the cameras for television. An official head count has not been announced for tonight's show, but last year's event did about 2,900 people at the Grand Canyon University Arena in Pheonix, AZ.

540706_767002060092_2056599985_n.jpg

1390568_10151919997763608_1803327630_n.j

1381586_406242166171846_1452713210_n.jpg

Shame, as they put on a half-decent show. And I was on-form as usual with predictions: 2 out of 7. Only real crimps in the PPV were Derrick Bateman Ethan Carter III vs. a jobber (seriously, leave that on TV), and The BroMans as tag team champs?  :| Can't blame the fans for chanting "Fire Bischoff" after that happened.

What a sad image.

Person sat in stands #1: "Couldn't we move to those seats closer to the ring?"

Person sat in stands #2: "No, i'm sure once the show starts the seats will fill up"

Person sat in stands #1: "You sure? this is the main event"

• Like 1

1381586_406242166171846_1452713210_n.jpg

Shame, as they put on a half-decent show.

Uh, whats half decent about that train wreck main event? And everything that occurred before it? Including a terrible Ultimate X, a terrible tag match, a squash match with Derrick Bateman (what?) and Angle losing a 'comeback' match and then getting stretched out. 

Biggest question - Dixie Carter tells Hebner not to count. One chair shot later, he does. W.T.F. #TNAwful

At least Abyss was there, the TV Champion who wasn't defended the title in over 4 months. 

I will be sad if TNA fold. Look what happens when WWE has no real competition. If TNA doesn't step it up and become a legitimate contender then it is bad news for all wrestling fans :/

• Like 1

I will be sad if TNA fold. Look what happens when WWE has no real competition. If TNA doesn't step it up and become a legitimate contender then it is bad news for all wrestling fans :/

WWE hasn't had competition since 2001. TNA was never even on its radar.

• Like 1

WWE hasn't had competition since 2001. TNA was never even on its radar.

I know and WWE has been on the wind-down ever since then.  In fact they've been coasting ever since 2003.

I know and WWE has been on the wind-down ever since then.  In fact they've been coasting ever since 2003.

I don't disagree that they've been coasting, but winding down isn't really fair.

TV ratings are down, sure, but they are down for everything except NFL and sports playoffs.

They make more money now then they did in 2003. Now, are the crowds/fans as invested in the product as in the attitude era? No, I would say not. But there are a lot of reasons for that, and some of them I don't think WWE can fix.

I don't disagree that they've been coasting, but winding down isn't really fair.

TV ratings are down, sure, but they are down for everything except NFL and sports playoffs.

They make more money now then they did in 2003. Now, are the crowds/fans as invested in the product as in the attitude era? No, I would say not. But there are a lot of reasons for that, and some of them I don't think WWE can fix.

They simply don't have the need and the drive to make as compelling TV as they used to, and with no real competition who can blame them. They've taken the easy route for the past decade and it goes to show they NEED competition to make the best product they can.

TNA is the cloest they have (and that's not very) but it is in all fans best interests they get it together, listen to what fans want to see and put out a better product so the bar is raised whichever promotion you watch.