The Big Wrestling Thread!

Hello,

Vince said in the quarterly that he's on sabbatical. Which is exactly what Bryan said.

"Sabbatical" and "he's no longer with the company right now" don't sound like the same thing to me at all.

Its like "he was scared" and saying "he actually ###### his pants and cried of how scared he was" Yeah, same thing but way different.

"Sabbatical" and "he's no longer with the company right now" don't sound like the same thing to me at all

They mean exactly the same thing.  He isn't with the company right now simply makes no mention of being expected back.

Hello,

They mean exactly the same thing.  He isn't with the company right now simply makes no mention of being expected back.

Similar and exactly the same thing are not the same thing (intresting choice of words :laugh: )

Wow wow wow, that Rennee set  :o I think if she were ever to do a playboy or whatever it would completely ruin it.  She is in a different league.

As noted earlier on PWInsider.com in Jamie Ference's live report, there was an incident with Batista and a ringside fan.

The fan in question was a local morning DJ, Cam Carson, who works for Winnipeg radio station Power 97. The station had been promoting the show and was listed as a sponsor for the event.

Batista began jawing with Carson before the match and when he turned to return to the ring, Carson hit him in the back/shoulder area, according to one fan that was sitting nearby. That led to Batista forcefully shoving him down. Carson tried to get over the rail but was stopped and spoken to by security - yet allowed to remain. Batista then began wrestling Big Show in a singles match.

Later on, Batista flipped the finger to Carson as he passed him while circling the ring. That led to Carson "losing it" and trying again to hop the rail, at which point he was walked out by security.

Whether this was a publicity stunt or something legitimate we cannot confirm, but my gut is it's the former, even if no one immediately admits it. But, we'll have to see.

WWE performers physically interacting with fans in an aggressive way calls for a fine from the company. Last year, Mark Henry once claimed it was a $10,000 fine during an interview.

giphy.gif

Similar and exactly the same thing are not the same thing (intresting choice of words  :laugh: ) 

Well done genius,  hence I said they mean THE SAME THING.  I never implied similarity.  

TNA Lockdown tonight, A.K.A. a gimmick PPV done right; every single match is a cage match. Anyone else gonna be watching?

Ethan Carter III vs. TBAIt's an open challenge now that Kurt Angle's "injured". Specifically limited to the current roster, so no surprises in store here, unfortunately.

Manik vs. Tigre UnoNow this should be a good'un. Manik (TJ Perkins) trained in lucha libre, so it's effectively two luchadores going at it; something we don't see too often in the big companies nowadays.

Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw - I have a feeling the "creepy bastard" chants Samuel Shaw's had in the UK won't carry back over to the US. Wouldn't mind the Miami crowd proving me wrong though, or failing that, have Mr. Anderson announce Shaw as "Crrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeepyyyyyyyyyy...... Barrrrrrrrrrstard!!!!!!" again.

The Great Muta, Sanada and Nakanoue (Wrestle-1) vs. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) and Chris Sabin (TNA) Six-man interpromotional tag team match - Can't really see Keiji Mutoh coming to America just to job to TNA's midcarders (Bad Influence still deserve better though).

Gunner vs. James Storm - Last Man Standing match - Insult the armed forces = definitely losing. I imagine that's an unwritten rule in wrestling creative teams in 'murica, so that's the sole basis of my prediction here.

Madison Rayne © vs. Gail Kim (with Lei'D Tapa) for the TNA Knockouts Championship - Assist from Lei'D.

Team MVP (MVP, The Wolves (Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards) and Jeff Hardy) vs. Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, The BroMans (Robbie E and Jessie Godderz) and Austin Aries) - Eight-man Lethal Lockdown match - Winner takes complete control of TNA; if Team Dixie wins, Bobby Roode gets 10% of TNA - Roughly 5,000 unsold Hulk Hogan t-shirts are on the line!
Magnus © vs. Samoa Joe for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship - can only win by submission or knockout - Essentially the outcome is either Joe makes Magnus tap or Magnus knocks out Joe with the help of Rockstar Spud and EC3. Now which one's more believable...?

I'd have to agree with your predictions. Especially the main event, the push wouldn't make sense if MVP didn't win and I hear they are planning to move Dixie off of TV.

I have to say I thought the whole MVP thing would be a bust but he has been doing a good job and I've been getting quite into it.

Also quite liking the Wolves style, they put on a really entertaining match.

Looking forward to watching this after work tomorrow.

Hello,

Well done genius,  hence I said they mean THE SAME THING.  I never implied similarity.

They don't but OK. Lets go with what you are saying and be done with it.

They don't but OK.

They do

Lets go with what you are saying and be done with it. 

So don't contradict me.  You can't "go with it" and open your gambit with a contradiction.  Get a grip!

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

^ Result of a botched Styles Clash from AJ Styles in a match at Preston City Wrestling last week. Roderick Strong definitely got off lucky in comparison. There's no fan video of the incident (PCW don't allow fans to record their shows; any videos get taken down pretty quickly) and it's being cut out of the DVD release of the show, so we won't see it.

Signed up to try the network out, didn't have much luck today. I was running it via a vpn though so perhaps thats why.

I also wish the whole glorification of Benoit would stop, the guy killed a child. That negates everything he ever did prior. I wish the net would just let him fade into the past

I also wish the whole glorification of Benoit would stop, the guy killed a child. That negates everything he ever did prior. I wish the net would just let him fade into the past

I reckon it'll die down now that they're not censoring him on the WWE Network, so the smarks can shut up about it now. Then it'll probably kick off again over the censorship of New Jack...

True, but we'll never know what happened in Benoit's head at the time. A moment of insanity doesn't define one person's life or negates everything he's done before that. And after all, he "paid" with his life. I'm not saying that what happened was right, no way, but I'm not quick to judge. For all we know, all his years of wrestling could be the cause of that. We'll never know for sure.