The Big Wrestling Thread!

As noted, CM Punk will be appearing on AMC's The Talking Dead this coming Sunday night - his first appearance since walking out of WWE last month. There is some bitterness within WWE towards Punk for appearing on the show. There's a feeling backstage that if he could go to Los Angeles for that show, he could have at least came to RAW in his hometown of Chicago to talk to someone face to face. There's also a feeling of uncertainty because nobody knows what Punk is going to say about his WWE status, if anything at all.

As noted, CM Punk will be appearing on AMC's The Talking Dead this coming Sunday night - his first appearance since walking out of WWE last month. There is some bitterness within WWE towards Punk for appearing on the show. There's a feeling backstage that if he could go to Los Angeles for that show, he could have at least came to RAW in his hometown of Chicago to talk to someone face to face. There's also a feeling of uncertainty because nobody knows what Punk is going to say about his WWE status, if anything at all.

I don't think Phil Brooks will say anything with regards to WWE.  It will be Phil Brooks on the show, not CM Punk.  This is just another confirmation that he's done with the WWE for good.  The only reasons WWE has not released him from his contract is due to the merchandise sales, and to prevent him from going to another company or UFC.  Maybe after Wrestlemania, WWE may release him, but they will probably keep him contracted till his contract expires in July.

With regards to the AJ Lee posts, she will hold onto the title until Wrestlemania.  But once she loses the title, I expect her to get buried. 

Hello,

1394739959.gif

I hope this isnt what all indepenent wrestling is like.

BTW, the second time I saw it, is when I saw he blocked it with his arm :laugh:

1622326_475469142582481_1056075577_o.jpg

Nope, it's mostly CZW that gets on Botchamania in the indies. The rest is usually the odd PWG or Chikara botch, and then there's the really low-budget backyard wrestling shows.

With regards to the AJ Lee posts, she will hold onto the title until Wrestlemania.  But once she loses the title, I expect her to get buried. 

If WWE buries one of the best Divas right now just because her connection with CM Punk, then it really shows just how lame the management is..

...then again it's WWE we are talking so it's quite possible, if certain. :/

I don't think Phil Brooks will say anything with regards to WWE.  It will be Phil Brooks on the show, not CM Punk.  This is just another confirmation that he's done with the WWE for good.  The only reasons WWE has not released him from his contract is due to the merchandise sales, and to prevent him from going to another company or UFC.  Maybe after Wrestlemania, WWE may release him, but they will probably keep him contracted till his contract expires in July.

They will introduce him as CM Punk, just like they did last time he was on it. I've never heard of him doing ANYTHING as 'Phil Brooks'. He licensed the name to WWE, but it has to apply to him, and they can't use it on anyone else. He will be on Talking Dead as CM Punk, and they teased him last week as CM Punk.

AJ's been getting buried anyway. But who knows if thats because of Punk or Total Divas.

Hello,

It isn't. Go to a show sometime. If its a big enough promotion you'll be amazed.

Hello,

BTW, the second time I saw it, is when I saw he blocked it with his arm :laugh:

definitely not.

stuff like that often happens because the wrestler hasn't been trained properly or isn't completely sober when performing. or a combination of both.

WWE stock spiked 7% on Thursday afternoon based on a rumor that AMC Networks is interested in buying the company.

In the midst of WWE's ongoing TV rights fees negotiations, AMC has been one of the companies interested in WWE programming, along with and Viacom and FOX.

Financial blog Betaville was the first source to report on the news of AMC being interested in purchasing WWE:

"Good sources tell me cable group AMC Networks has been sniffing around World Wrestling Entertainment Inc, the US-listed company behind those ridiculous wrestling programmes, such as WWF, Raw and Smackdown.

AMC Networks has held at least one exploratory conversation with WWE - which saw its shares rise by about 30pc during last week - about some kind M&A transaction in recent months, according to "people familiar with the matter". However, the talks are understood to have not gone anywhere.

Another source said bankers from UBS have been advising AMC Networks, owner of Sundance TV, on a potential deal and financing options.

This well-placed source said any transaction may value WWE at between $2.6 and $2.8bn."

Source

When you think about it $2.8b isn't really alot, and a television network could easily buy it but the question would be why?

Why would they sell? Vince is worth over a billion dollars, the company is worth around 3 billion, has a steady cashflow and a crushing hold on the market. Why?

AMC need new shows when Mad Men finishes, why not Main Event :/

They'd run the WWE into the ground in 5 years. Vince never built the company up for it to be bought out. WWE buys companies out, not the other way around.