The Big Wrestling Thread!

I also wish the whole glorification of Benoit would stop, the guy killed a child. That negates everything he ever did prior.

How does it?  Does his wrestling ability suddenly cease to exist?  No

How does it?  Does his wrestling ability suddenly cease to exist?  No

He murdered his wife and child. I couldn't care less about his "talent" he is now and should always be remembered as a murderer

He murdered his wife and child. I couldn't care less about his "talent" he is now and should always be remembered as a murderer

Clearly you only read replies that you can reply to. Nice.

What you could or couldn't care about doesn't change a thing.  He was a very good wrestler - that is a fact that will always exist.  Should he be remembered as a murderer?  Of course, 100% - his ability doesn't negate that at all, but by the same token his murder of his family in no way diminishes his wrestling ability.  The two are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 2

What you could or couldn't care about doesn't change a thing.  He was a very good wrestler - that is a fact that will always exist.  Should he be remembered as a murderer?  Of course, 100% - his ability doesn't negate that at all, but by the same token his murder of his family in no way diminishes his wrestling ability.  The two are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah I like to remember Chris for his epic matches inside the squared circle, of course he is a murderer and he will forever I am sure rot in hell for what he did but I want to remember the matches he gave me and the memories for example this...

1394414805.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah I like to remember Chris for his epic matches inside the squared circle, of course he is a murderer and he will forever I am sure rot in hell for what he did but I want to remember the matches he gave me and the memories for example this...

1394414805.jpg

one of the last great matches from those two.

dat body

clokgs.png

reminds me alot of Ren?e Zellweger lol

1169545-renee-zellweger.jpg

Looks like "Phillip Brooks" will be on TV next week.  Interesting that he's dropped the CM Punk name.  Guess that's more evidence that he's done with wrestling.  

I also think that his relationship will AJ will eventually end since they are hardly seeing each other anymore.  Brooks now has the chance to mingle and have a social life while AJ is on the road working.  

...well, the fans at Lockdown definitely proved me wrong; the "creepy bastard" chants made it across the pond! :laugh:

On the other hand...

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

While on the subject of Mr. Anderson, I found out just now that he's coming to my city on May 4th; the local promotion (Plymouth Wrestling Alliance) is holding its 5th anniversary show, and Anderson and Gunner are gonna be taking part. Unusually, they've also got Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem (it's a crossover with the local comic/sci-fi convention that they're holding on the same day). Methinks I might be going...

Lockdown tweets (spoilers, obviously)...

TNA Lockdown tonight, A.K.A. a gimmick PPV done right; every single match is a cage match. Anyone else gonna be watching?

Ethan Carter III vs. TBAIt's an open challenge now that Kurt Angle's "injured". Specifically limited to the current roster, so no surprises in store here, unfortunately.

Manik vs. Tigre UnoNow this should be a good'un. Manik (TJ Perkins) trained in lucha libre, so it's effectively two luchadores going at it; something we don't see too often in the big companies nowadays.

Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw - I have a feeling the "creepy bastard" chants Samuel Shaw's had in the UK won't carry back over to the US. Wouldn't mind the Miami crowd proving me wrong though, or failing that, have Mr. Anderson announce Shaw as "Crrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeepyyyyyyyyyy...... Barrrrrrrrrrstard!!!!!!" again.

The Great Muta, Sanada and Nakanoue (Wrestle-1) vs. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) and Chris Sabin (TNA) Six-man interpromotional tag team match - Can't really see Keiji Mutoh coming to America just to job to TNA's midcarders (Bad Influence still deserve better though).

Gunner vs. James Storm - Last Man Standing match - Insult the armed forces = definitely losing. I imagine that's an unwritten rule in wrestling creative teams in 'murica, so that's the sole basis of my prediction here.

Madison Rayne © vs. Gail Kim (with Lei'D Tapa) for the TNA Knockouts Championship - Assist from Lei'D.

Team MVP (MVP, The Wolves (Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards) and Jeff Hardy) vs. Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, The BroMans (Robbie E and Jessie Godderz) and Austin Aries) - Eight-man Lethal Lockdown match - Winner takes complete control of TNA; if Team Dixie wins, Bobby Roode gets 10% of TNA - Roughly 5,000 unsold Hulk Hogan t-shirts are on the line!
Magnus © vs. Samoa Joe for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship - can only win by submission or knockout - Essentially the outcome is either Joe makes Magnus tap or Magnus knocks out Joe with the help of Rockstar Spud and EC3. Now which one's more believable...?

4/7.

EC3 ended up not having a match and just got squashed by Bobby Lashley.

Pretty good PPV overall. Manik/Tigre Uno didn't disappoint, and possibly stole the show (it's a toss-up between them and Gunner/Storm). The iffy bits:

The finish to Anderson/Shaw. Maffew can sum it up better than I can...

Abyss turning heel and aiding Magnus

and

Bully Ray turning face to screw Dixie

Looks like "Phillip Brooks" will be on TV next week.  Interesting that he's dropped the CM Punk name.  Guess that's more evidence that he's done with wrestling.  

I also think that his relationship will AJ will eventually end since they are hardly seeing each other anymore.  Brooks now has the chance to mingle and have a social life while AJ is on the road working.  

I would love it if someone asks a question like "It's fitting your on a zombie show because your dead to me!" :rofl:

Shame by the sounds of it Lockdown still had a mostly empty arena :/ bit of a comedown from the packed houses in the UK.

Sounds like a good show though looking forward to watching it later.