• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

F1 World Championship 2008 Thread

choppa    14
The race will be on today on Fox 1PM EST, but after this weekend it'll be back on SPEED live, so you'll have to get up early to watch it.

Ahh I missed it today. I was outside dying, playing basketball. I'll make sure to look and see when the next one is so I can watch it.

HilariousNinja    6

I was listening to the commentary from the Brits, and I have to say they ate their words about Hamilton losing and having no hope for the race because of the pitting arrangement. Great driving from Lewis though in the end.

All I'm wondering is, why does Jenson do so poorly? I suppose he has got into the 'Beckham stage' but still he is a guy with huge potential even with his maturity.

Mike    89
Fairly exciting race, lots of 2 car battles going on. McLaren say that there are no team orders (other than not to take each other out), but it looked like Heikki was told to move over and let Hamilton pass toward the end. Also why did Massa not hold the inside and make Hamilton do something around 12 laps from the end, he swooped to the outside and just gave the inside to Hamilton and then got pushed wide.

Lots of luck and timing for Piquet to end up 2nd. He drove a good race and earned the points he got.

Heikki could have moved over himself, he knew lewis was faster and letting him go ahead would allow the team to get more points than if he kept him behind

as for Massa, i guess he wasn't happy with the inside line on a hair pin (ferrari's are longer than mclarens so need more room to turn), either that or he thought he could "re-take" him on the inside of the exit from the hair pin like he almost did

CrashG    439
Heikki could have moved over himself, he knew lewis was faster and letting him go ahead would allow the team to get more points than if he kept him behind

as for Massa, i guess he wasn't happy with the inside line on a hair pin (ferrari's are longer than mclarens so need more room to turn), either that or he thought he could "re-take" him on the inside of the exit from the hair pin like he almost did

There was a shot of Ron Dennis playing with the radio right before Hamilton passed Heikki. :shiftyninja:

Longer car or not, I would've squeezed Hamilton (or anyone else for that matter) on the inside or made whoever try to take me on the outside. :p

Fourjays    106
There was a shot of Ron Dennis playing with the radio right before Hamilton passed Heikki. :shiftyninja:

Longer car or not, I would've squeezed Hamilton (or anyone else for that matter) on the inside or made whoever try to take me on the outside. :p

There is nothing wrong with giving a key piece of information to Heikki to indicate to him that it is best to let Lewis through. They can say "Heikki, Lewis is faster and racing Massa". They can't say "Heikki, let Lewis pass you". They all do it.

Regards Button, he is in an awful car. He is widely considered by those in the know as one of the best drivers there. The problem is that he is so certain that Honda are going to deliver...

CrashG    439
There is nothing wrong with giving a key piece of information to Heikki to indicate to him that it is best to let Lewis through. They can say "Heikki, Lewis is faster and racing Massa". They can't say "Heikki, let Lewis pass you". They all do it.

Regards Button, he is in an awful car. He is widely considered by those in the know as one of the best drivers there. The problem is that he is so certain that Honda are going to deliver...

Yeah, I know they all do it. I just thought it wasn't supposed to be as noticeable. Brings back memories of the ol' Shumi-Barrachello days.

Watermoss    0

I got to visit the German F1 race - it was great to be at one at last! Very noisy!

Decided to rent a Kangaroo TV to see the race - otherwise would have been difficult to follow!

Roll on Hungary... will Lewis get 3 wins in a row?!

Fergie    0

Yeah those Kangaroo TV's are really good, I had one in Silverstone. A lot more info than you can even get off live timing.

It may rain for Hungary race day which would certainly make the most boring race of the year interesting like 2006 when Jenson won. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0059

Watermoss    0

I cross my fingers for some of the wet stuff! :rolleyes:

Unimatrix Xero    37

ohh bollocks Lewis got a flat **** **** ****!!! ohh well

Mike    89

hehe massa out :D go go kovy!

Unimatrix Xero    37

ohh YES YES i turned off the TV how did Massa crash

Mike    89

didn't, engine blew

kovy wins :D glock does well to get 2nd

Unimatrix Xero    37

haha that will teach him for being cocky! (jk) please that lewis got upto 5th, wonder if he will keep 1st in the champ

Mike    89

i think its:

1. Lewis Hamilton 62

2. Kimi Raikkonen 57

3. Felipe Massa 54

Unimatrix Xero    37

w00t!!!! brilliant!! shame about that 'red car' in 3rd rofl!

brentaal    404

Too bad Massa's car had engine problems, he deserved the win...

LewisBraid    0

What a shame about Massa haha, thats gotta suck even more considering it was on the straight and infront of the stands. I think hamilton did well, Kovalainen did alrite i guess :p

sundayx    127

I hate Massa.

Unimatrix Xero    37

well done Heki!! nice win, nice recovery Lewis!

Fourjays    106

I literally rofl'd when Massa's engine went. :rofl: Especially after "doom and gloom" Allen kept going on about how Massa would get a big advantage in the championship, blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

Kovalainen and Glock drove well and both deserved 1st and 2nd.

HawkMan    5,232
I literally rofl'd when Massa's engine went. :rofl: Especially after "doom and gloom" Allen kept going on about how Massa would get a big advantage in the championship, blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

Kovalainen and Glock drove well and both deserved 1st and 2nd.

Actually from a driving point Massa deserved first. but yeah they probably deserved 2nd and 3rd. Would have preferred Mass first and Kimi third though.

simonlang    530

this can't be :angry:

today felipe massa drove like the only one deserving the title and his engine let him down.

incredible luck for raikkonen. if hami doesnt use his brain more, the current worldchamp will luck into another title. :no:

CrashG    439

What a shame for Massa, had the win in hand after Hamilton's flat tire. Hamilton did well to score points after the extra stop for the flat, coming out in 10th and finish in 5th. Good drive for Glock and the Toyota team. What's happened to the BMW team, they were doing well until the last couple of races.

Mike    89
this can't be :angry:

today felipe massa drove like the only one deserving the title and his engine let him down.

incredible luck for raikkonen. if hami doesnt use his brain more, the current worldchamp will luck into another title. :no:

you mean only pulling <5s gap in a lighter car? as for lewis' tyre problem, if it was a driving problem, don't you think it would have happened in the first stint or the on the softer tyres?

What a shame for Massa, had the win in hand after Hamilton's flat tire. Hamilton did well to score points after the extra stop for the flat, coming out in 10th and finish in 5th. Good drive for Glock and the Toyota team. What's happened to the BMW team, they were doing well until the last couple of races.

hamilton didn't have an extra stop, the reason he lost a lot of time was due to having the tyre problem early in a lap so had to do most of a lap with a failed tyre