• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

WWDC '08

Blaine    2
Damn, Steve looks like a skeleton!

I also thought the same thing :/ I hope he's ok :cry:

Remember the time Zordon was dying in the command center? (Reference to Power Rangers The Movie)

I do :/

Also, he didn't have a very big part in this keynote. I wondered if he wasn't feeling well.

Edited by Blaine

spenser.d    1,100
Remember the time Zordon was dying in the command center? (Reference to Power Rangers The Movie)

:blink:

My inner-child just returned and made me want to watch that movie again because you mentioned it...

-Spenser

CPressland    176
Since the new iPhone 2.0 and iPhone 3G is out, I've been meaning to ask a question that has had me wondering. With the new iPhone 2.0 software now enables you to open Word, Powerpoint and Excel, would it be possible to hook up the iPhone to a projector and show it there? The reason I'm asking is that my father would like to use the iPhone, if it is possible, for that instead of bringing his Mac Mini to work.

Scirwode

I'd like to see something like this. I've got a big keynote to do to an Insurance Company soon and taking the iPhone would be easier then taking my MacBook

PL_    19

They took the dock out of the box, that's so typical :/

sundayx    127

Half price, buy the dock, not a big of a problem.

ynnoj    23

?159 for the 16GB model with O2 - not bad.

There are some shots of the white iPhone here.

Wannes    38

My plane ticket is ready. Leaving to the US on July 10th for a week. :cool:

Do you have to activate your AT&T contract in the store itself?

Edited by Couch Potato

EnzoFX    0

Love the white, but then I realized it would stand out a lot more... by extension, also show its bulk more easily.

Hmm... Still, I think I may go with the white one =P

Quillz    1,011
My plane ticket is ready. Leaving to the US on July 10th for a week. :cool:

Do you have to activate your AT&T contract in the store itself?

Yes.

well yea, usually thats right and i know that but i would say its more like a service pack surpreme, maybe.

i mean its called leopard still, in this early stage they are only talking about some minor yet quite big changes but nothing that really would justify a whole new .X release. but then again too much for just another .x.X release...

It's Mac OS X 10.6. Both literature and the "About My Mac" screen have confirmed this. It's not a service pack, enhancement to Leopard, etc. It's 10.6, with new features that are designed to improve the software and help it take advantage of the hardware we have today.

Half price, buy the dock, not a big of a problem.

But it's annoying because it breaks the universal dock concept that Apple told us we needed a few years ago.

Snow Leopard definately will be a nice update, worth a price even maybe, just because of these added features.

I hope they will scrap the current QuickTime UI and design a brand new one, because I'm sorry to say that, but Media Player on Windows handles videos much much better.

And why QuickTime X? X is cool, but the version will be 8, so I'm guessing they will change it completely...

And Safari, safari... well, they can add all the work they did in Webkit already, and new features will be welcome for sure in Safari. The Browser is great and all, but there's no features. Except that "search on this page" feature that actually darkens the whole page and highlights the occurences of what you're looking for. That was the most brilliant thing ever they could do with search, but other than that... nothing :p

Don't know if QuickTime X will see a new user interface, but some old Aqua elements, such as drop-down menus, have been replaced in Snow Leopard. So it seems that Apple may finally be retiring Aqua in favor of completing the half-baked UI we have in Leopard. Although the Aqua scroll bars are STILL there...

Also, Snow Leopard adds Safari 4 DP, which uses the faster JavaScript engine (rated at 53% faster than what's in Leopard). Don't know about new features, but certainly the speed increases are more than welcome.

funciona    0

Again, nothing about a iPod update?

Quillz    1,011
Again, nothing about a iPod update?

WWDC is a developer conference, not a consumer show. Except for the iPod touch, the iPod has very little standing among developers. Yes, there's games, but not much else. Besides, for the past few years now, there has always been an iPod update in September. Although this year, I think we won't see any new models, just improvements on what we have. Clearly, the nano is going to get a major storage increase, at least 16 GB or so. We might also see the 32 GB iPhone around this time.

episode    626
It may be for you but for some reason all 3G phone have it except the iPhone.

Im sorry but I consider a worse idea having a camera on a phone that supports 3G and not having a video-conferencing application. Thats stupid.

Show me some of these phones.

raider360    10

$199 USD iPhone 3G ? :woot: Amazing, but....

Steve!!! You forgot about me :cry:

post-54897-1213104634_thumb.jpg

Wannes    38
Yes.

Hmm I wonder what people will find to avoid this.

Crazysah    7
They took the dock out of the box, that's so typical :/

Well how much is the dock?

Quillz    1,011
Well how much is the dock?

$29.

Quillz    1,011
Hmm I wonder what people will find to avoid this.

Will be much harder this time around, at least in the US. It doesn't appear to be sold online anymore, and both the Apple store and AT&T stores will require in-store activation before you can buy the phone. Sounds like the only way to get around this is to buy an unlocked iPhone from the countries that require it (such as Germany.) But even then, I'm not 100% sure it will work.

Hurmoth    518

Wasn't the first iPhone limited to 5 per customer? Or something like that. I'm assuming it will be one person customer this time then? Otherwise someone going in would have to activate every phone each time. That would be a pain for anyone wanting to purchase these to sell them on eBay or whatever.

Apple is certainly going to major lengths to make sure that the iPhone is used with AT&T. Especially considering that there's a report that suggest Apple isn't going to be getting any kickbacks from AT&T on the contracts this time around.

episode    626
Wasn't the first iPhone limited to 5 per customer? Or something like that. I'm assuming it will be one person customer this time then? Otherwise someone going in would have to activate every phone each time. That would be a pain for anyone wanting to purchase these to sell them on eBay or whatever.

Apple is certainly going to major lengths to make sure that the iPhone is used with AT&T. Especially considering that there's a report that suggest Apple isn't going to be getting any kickbacks from AT&T on the contracts this time around.

I believe it was 2.

Cormier6083    0
Since the new iPhone 2.0 and iPhone 3G is out, I've been meaning to ask a question that has had me wondering. With the new iPhone 2.0 software now enables you to open Word, Powerpoint and Excel, would it be possible to hook up the iPhone to a projector and show it there? The reason I'm asking is that my father would like to use the iPhone, if it is possible, for that instead of bringing his Mac Mini to work.

Scirwode

Probably not.

funciona    0
Show me some of these phones.

Mine. Nokia E70.

giga    45
Mine. Nokia E70.

I just looked it up. Says it doesn't have video call conferencing.

No front camera either? How the hell do you video conference without a front facing camera. (don't tell me to use a mirror)

PL_    19
Mine. Nokia N70.

Fixed.

Damian    119
I just looked it up. Says it doesn't have video call conferencing.

No front camera either? How the hell do you video conference without a front facing camera. (don't tell me to use a mirror)

The E70 can do video conference without a front facing camera.

Every S60 3rd 3G phone can.

giga    45
The E70 can do video conference without a front facing camera.

Every S60 3rd phone can.

..why? Seems to defeat the point when having to switch the phone over.