Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security 2009 Release

Dear Collegues,

Today build 357 has reached techincal release status. Thanks goes out to all forum members. Without you it would have been difficult to reach the status where we are right now. Afterall, this is not the end of the road, but rather the begining of the new product era of KIS8. (oops..typo I meant 2009)

HIPS and new Antivirus Core engine, vulnerabilities database, speed of overall product components, lower system wide footprint, new updatable Anti-Rootkit, security analyzers and Wizards, advanced reporting capabilities, whitelisting technology, virtual keyboard, database of malicious URLs, new product design and "improved" reports - all of that awaits millions of our future users.

But like all other products, this build is not perfect from bugs and small imperfections. We also understand that this product contains truely revolutionary features without the fear for that particular word. Also the changes introduced in version 2009 will take time getting used to as compared to the competitors by our product users.

Therefore, beta testing is not just ending right here: it will go forward. While the release stage of one product is the start of yet another cycle. While on the horizon we have new releases of 2009, and of course not to forget KIS/KAV v2009 MP1. We await your valuable feedback and bugreports for the upcoming releases.

Again, thank you to all who participated on our latest beta test cycle

Regards,

Nikolay Grebennikov

Deputy of Innovative Technologies Department, Kaspersky Labs

Project Manager KIS/KAV v2009

Kaspersky Forums

Download

Congratulations to the KL Team for this release. (Y)

Not that I am doubting you but two things.

1. It's not on the US homepage yet. Still shows version 7.

2. The link you provided goes to the builds that says a pre technical release build.

Just my thoughts.

I says this because I love kaspersky and can't wait for it to be released.

What this mean?

KAV8 is gold nomore BETA or RC? Ready for true use?

That "Dev" build is the same as what will be officially released?

Not that I am doubting you but two things.

1. It's not on the US homepage yet. Still shows version 7.

2. The link you provided goes to the builds that says a pre technical release build.

Just my thoughts.

I says this because I love kaspersky and can't wait for it to be released.

I assume there will be at least a few weeks before this new product is officially released. I guess the marketing guru's at KL need time for that.

As for the download, I linked to the build that was determined as Technical Release, so Gold build as I understand it. I would guess the folder structure on the FTP will change.

What this mean?

KAV8 is gold nomore BETA or RC? Ready for true use?

That "Dev" build is the same as what will be officially released?

Judging by past Beta's, and the release path. This is the final.

There will almost definitely be a rebuild...infact a Russian one exists already.

There will probably be a few fixes in it and the beta activation will be removed.

Edited by zer0l0gic

Enjoy! These are screenshots of Kaspersky Internet Security 2009.

About Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 :cool:

aboutxc5.jpg

The main 'Protection' components.

kis2009acx4.jpg

kis2009csz7.jpg

kis2009bwu9.jpg

kis2009dgl2.jpg

kis2009ebg0.jpg

Report of activity on my freshly installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2009.

reportgb5.jpg

Update Information.

kis2009zxj4.jpg

Edited by zer0l0gic

The TR from today is not GOLD, just a TR. Very close to Gold. You can't buy a license for this yet.

if i may ask.. does this new version correct the "issue" with chkdsk?

Yes, actually that bug was fixed a long time ago.

The TR from today is not GOLD, just a TR. Very close to Gold. You can't buy a license for this yet.

No. I've been following the Kaspersky Forums closely and this is the final release.

Do KAV 7 keys work with this, or will I have to purchase new 2009 keys?

KAV and KIS 7 Keys work fine with KAV and KIS 2009.

good luck finding a command line AV :wacko: :no:

That's just a post from an idiot troll posting rubbish without backing up his dribble.

Attached Memory usage of Kaspersky 2009.

post-251981-1209682648.jpg

so this is a final release version then ? or is this still a beta ?

i might install this? tell me does it still slow you internet down like it did mine ? that's the only reason i uninstalled it.

so this is a final release version then ? or is this still a beta ?

i might install this? tell me does it still slow you internet down like it did mine ? that's the only reason i uninstalled it.

No it's not beta. All the Beta tags have been removed as this is the final version. (Y)

I have been using KIS 2009 since yesterday on my Home PC and it's flawless, I just opened a port for uTorrent (which was easy) and my torrenting / browsing hasn't been affected.

You will need to uninstall (completely) your current Antivirus software and use something like CCleaner to clean up any remnants.

The choice is yours. I'm very pleased with KIS 2009 and I'm also running KAV 2009 on my Laptop without any hitches.

No it's not beta. All the Beta tags have been removed as this is the final version. (Y)

I have been using KIS 2009 since yesterday on my Home PC and it's flawless, I just opened a port for uTorrent (which was easy) and my torrenting / browsing hasn't been affected.

You will need to uninstall (completely) your current Antivirus software and use something like CCleaner to clean up any remnants.

The choice is yours. I'm very pleased with KIS 2009 and I'm also running KAV 2009 on my Laptop without any hitches.

thanks, i have a key good until november, i just downloaded it and i may give a try soon.

thanks, i have a key good until november, i just downloaded it and i may give a try soon.

I hope you like it. I think you will be pleased with the release. If I can help with anything I will do my best to help.

I'm going to update my KIS in few minutes.

I hope it will work well, my friend tested the beta few weeks ago and it sucked. :s

I remember using KIS Beta for months before the release with almost perfect stability.

DAMN!

I uninstalled KAV7 to install this but the setup always says "You must restart your computer before you can carry on with the installation" or there abouts. Subsequently the setup quits.

Now, I've restarted several times, cleared the temp/cache, used CCleaner. No luck.

Anyone know the solution?

DAMN!

I uninstalled KAV7 to install this but the setup always says "You must restart your computer before you can carry on with the installation" or there abouts. Subsequently the setup quits.

Now, I've restarted several times, cleared the temp/cache, used CCleaner. No luck.

Anyone know the solution?

Try deleting the "avp6_post_uninstall" registry entry found @ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

More details can be found here: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/1...se-of-an-error/

Sweet, looks great. I'm downloading it now. Kaspersky is definitely the best out there (Y)