Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security 2009 Release

Does anyone encounter slow surfing speed with this installed?

My pages are often "This program cannot display the webpage" :(

Edited by Bryan84

Does anyone encounter slow surfing speed with this installed?

My pages are often "This program cannot display the webpage" :(

i do, been saying this all along. i have kaspersky antivirus 7 installed though. im gonna to try to install the 2009 version.

well i just installed kaspersky antivirus 2009 and i can tell there is a huge speed improvement. also internet browsing is tons better. the only thing they need to work on is there is no sound when it detects malware and no animation in the task bar icon except when updating.

I've got quite a slow computer and have been using Kaspersky 7, so what AV would people say would be best for a combination of lightness and protection?

well i just installed kaspersky antivirus 2009 and i can tell there is a huge speed improvement. also internet browsing is tons better. the only thing they need to work on is there is no sound when it detects malware and no animation in the task bar icon except when updating.

Strange .... So means for your side, it's fine for surfing eh?

Strange .... So means for your side, it's fine for surfing eh?

No surfing problems or slow downs here yet, been using TR of Kaspersky IS 2009 since the day it was released.

I won't describe it as slow web-surfing. But "jamming". What I mean is that within a minute it can happen once when suddenly my pages cannot load. But after about 10 seconds later, I refresh all and it loads well. And this problem is on-going every now and then. I have upgrade the IE module on the other page but seems to not solve it. Any settings that I should try tweak?

I am using KAV and my firewall is Windows Vista default.

2AIU5RM.png

TKPS6IJ.png

Notice all my tabs in the above screenshots, all did not load the page. That's what I meant.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=68047

I uninstalled Kaspersky 7 to Install Kaspersky 2009 - yes. I don't see a problem with this procedure.

You didn't have trouble with NOD32? How about the system using 100% CPU for what seems like an eternity when a downloaded ZIP file is being scanned? And I guess having to uninstall the last version of NOD32 to install the latest build of NOD32 is totally different to the procedure of updating Kaspersky to the latest version? :D

Oh, I didn't just have to uninstall Kaspersky, I had to run the stupid cleaning program they have. Every single time. This wasn't just some problem with my system as far as I was concerned: I had to go through this procedure on two different systems, even with two different versions of Windows.

NOD32 has given me no problems at all. My system runs a whole lot smoother, too. (I'm running an old P4, so I need a better performing AV.)

I'm running Kaspersky 2009 on an old P4 System, and I didn't notice any chunkiness from Kaspersky 2009.

Maybe it's something on your system. :)

KIS 2009 runs great on my system, much better than any antivirus/firewall solution before it, and that includes Smart Security.

KIS 2009 runs great on my system, much better than any antivirus/firewall solution before it, and that includes Smart Security.

I find my major gripe with ESET is the length of time between submitting a sample to them replying let alone including a signature update to eliminate a threat. Otherwise their product is good. But just not as powerful as Kaspersky 2009.

I think it looks fantastic. Im currently in a transitional faze, deciding between this and ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

How much will version 8 cost when it comes out? Also, is the antivirus part in this any different in the standalone version?

I think it looks fantastic. Im currently in a transitional faze, deciding between this and ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

How much will version 8 cost when it comes out? Also, is the antivirus part in this any different in the standalone version?

Kaspersky 'Switch' Campaign.

You won't regret it. The license cost for Kaspersky 2009 is the same as previous versions.

If you happen to order your license the key will work with Kaspersky 2009 products.

If you have a router firewall and trust the Windows firewall then go for Kaspersky Antivirus 2009 otherwise get yourself Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. (Y)

BTW Kaspersky has detected Malware on my VM that, disappointingly, ESET's NOD32 let through without a single prompt. Even after I submitted the known Malware to ESET - 3 days ago.

Well I do have a router. But the firewall/ports aren't yet configured. So you think I should go for the antivirus only?

I tried downloading a trial version from that link in the first post but it's not available anymore.

KIS 2009 (8.0.0.357 TR) installed on Windows XP SP3 is running just fine, here. Not one problem, smoother than KIS 7.01.325, faster, smarter, nicer. Enhanced security, the beast almost seems to be AI conducted, sometimes.

- I had removed completely KIS 7.01.325, with KIS removal tool + deep registry cleaning afterwards (some data remained, still) ;

- I installed KIS 2009 after updating XP to SP3 (no idea, but I figured would be better)

One thing though : we have a long delay at boot for KIS 2009, as if KIS was summarizing data in order to process it faster afterwards...

Looking forwards to public release, though I've been told it should be quite the same as this 8.0.0.357 TR if not its duplicate.

Hum I forgot, she is darn pretty as well, I mean GUI : gorgeous.

No extra charge if you're registered of course, fee is on year license only. I've installed KIS 2009 (8.0.0.357 TR) and registered on-line with my KIS valid license number, no problem.

Just to be sure, I can buy a licence key for KAV7, then download KAV 2009 and activate it with my KAV7 key?

You sure can, as long as the Beta accepts personal license, which is the case of KIS 8.0.0.357 TR.

I was on KIS 7.01.325, totally removed it, cleaned up, installed KIS 8.0.0.357 TR, registered it on-line with my serial number, no problem.

Hi guys,

- How to kill the established connection from KIS 8.x Network Monitor?

- I found tt this version does not resolve IP address to domain name <-- we cant track directly who have connected to our pc.

- The firewall non interactive mode is not as powerful as KIS 7.x

- It's hard to assign the registry rules for a specifc app. We need to go to resources, create a new group first before we can assign it to app >_<#

LOL! If I block all network traffic, it tells me I have a security threat and wants to fix it by unblocking network traffic.

LOL

I am going to give this a try right now and see how things go.

- coming from a ESET user.

Well I do have a router. But the firewall/ports aren't yet configured. So you think I should go for the antivirus only?

I tried downloading a trial version from that link in the first post but it's not available anymore.

Here are the updated links :happy:

Kaspersky Antivirus 2009 - Release Notes

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 - Release Notes

LOL

I am going to give this a try right now and see how things go.

- coming from a ESET user.

Give it a fair go. I think it's the best of breed product.

You sure can, as long as the Beta accepts personal license, which is the case of KIS 8.0.0.357 TR.

Kaspersky 2009 products are release not beta at this stage. See the release notes I linked to.