Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security 2009 Release

Can someone please post a picture of the alert window when it finds a virus or whatever?

Thanks!

I can do that. Give me a minute.

This is an example of a threat caught by Kaspersky 2009 while browsing (2 Examples).

post-251981-1209694504.png

post-251981-1209694637.png

It would be interesting to see how well the competition, Symantec, ESET, DrWeb goes detecting those. ;)

Edited by zer0l0gic

O_o woow...

how's scanning process in background? is it as slow as KIS 7? coz last time i encountered iswift prob. then sometimes the pause function is nt working while scanning the large compressed .exe file (ex: windows xp sp3). i paused alrdy but KIS couldnt stop scanning.

I have no intention of installing this right now:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=67007

Too many serious bugs left to be ironed out as far as I'm concerned.

There are no serious bugs. There might be some small issues which will be fixed in MP1, which is normally released months after the initial release as they do not impact on usability. All software has bugs, for comparison check the number of issue many ESET Smart Security users or AVG Version 8 users have. ;)

O_o woow...

how's scanning process in background? is it as slow as KIS 7? coz last time i encountered iswift prob. then sometimes the pause function is nt working while scanning the large compressed .exe file (ex: windows xp sp3). i paused alrdy but KIS couldnt stop scanning.

I've found that doing a complete scan of my PC takes about half the time as compared to KIS 7. I have not encountered any iswift problems either.

oh.. good then ^^.. erm, last time i requested them to implement domain name blocking in firewall (ex: *.anyname.com). could u help me to check whether they have added this feature? thx...

Edited by dozty

That's just a post from an idiot troll posting rubbish without backing up his dribble.

Attached Memory usage of Kaspersky 2009.

post-251981-1209682648.jpg

LOL

mines at 3Mb :D

KIS 7

updated yesterday

+ the ui is quick not sl sluggish like v7.

+ noticed "smart" scan option is a lot more smarted now. doesn't scan every app that starts up if its hasn't changed/updated => App loads are slight;y quicker

+ takes 20+ mb now. not a big deal

- The firewall settings are a little messed up now.I couldn't for example block "known" programs from accessing web.

The firewall now - seems to allow automatic access to internet for popular programs by default. before we'd get a prompt where we could block them

Let me be the first to ask:

How does this compare to the latest NOD32? :)

I tested a few pieces of Malware (see my previous screenshots in this thread), Kaspersky 2009 detected them but NOD32 didn't.

Then again ESET has a much smaller team working on updates than Kaspersky, so you would expect better performance from Kaspersky.

I tested a few pieces of Malware (see my previous screenshots in this thread), Kaspersky 2009 detected them but NOD32 didn't.

Then again ESET has a much smaller team working on updates than Kaspersky, so you would expect better performance from Kaspersky.

ya thx for the feedback :)

ya thx for the feedback :)

Welcome! Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of ESET and a customer. I'm not trying to slam ESET or it's products. Just that I am really happy with how Kaspersky went with it's new 2009 products.

I bought my 2007 license back in December to replace my nod32 license and I've always regretted it because of the slow speed and memory footprint. I hope this 2009 version is going to have an improvement on this.

Damn man! WTF?
lol! Send a ticket over Kaspersky, this is not normal :p

Both my processes use 7Mb together right now

I bought my 2007 license back in December to replace my nod32 license and I've always regretted it because of the slow speed and memory footprint. I hope this 2009 version is going to have an improvement on this.
Go back to Nod32 then. Kaspersky is definitely slower and use more ram, but it have more feature and IMO, work better than NOD.

Do you still have to scrub your system of any previous version of Kaspersky before upgrading to a new version?

Anyway, it's too late. I was a Kaspersky subscriber for a few years but got sick of the growing sluggishness and constant upgrade issues. I switched to NOD32.

okay ill ask this once again. it is safe to install this yet ? i mean after reading some of the issues people are having i don't need any problems. right now im using comodo / avast. i did enjoy kaspersky, its a very effective program, but i noticed it really slowed my pc down last time. :|

lol! Send a ticket over Kaspersky, this is not normal :p

Both my processes use 7Mb together right now

LOL

:laugh:

It has settled to around 38k now. Still quite a bit, I think same as KAV7.

Do you still have to scrub your system of any previous version of Kaspersky before upgrading to a new version?

Anyway, it's too late. I was a Kaspersky subscriber for a few years but got sick of the growing sluggishness and constant upgrade issues. I switched to NOD32.

I uninstalled Kaspersky 7 to Install Kaspersky 2009 - yes. I don't see a problem with this procedure.

You didn't have trouble with NOD32? How about the system using 100% CPU for what seems like an eternity when a downloaded ZIP file is being scanned? And I guess having to uninstall the last version of NOD32 to install the latest build of NOD32 is totally different to the procedure of updating Kaspersky to the latest version? :D

okay ill ask this once again. it is safe to install this yet ? i mean after reading some of the issues people are having i don't need any problems. right now im using comodo / avast. i did enjoy kaspersky, its a very effective program, but i noticed it really slowed my pc down last time. :|

If you like, wait until it's officially released. :happy:

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 now and I'm very pleased. The software is less resource hungry and faster than Kaspersky 7.

So really it's your call. No one here is pressuring you to change to Kaspersky 2009 product, many think Kaspersky 2009 products are a huge leap forward in performance and security from the last release - but all software has bugs.

:laugh:

It has settled to around 38k now. Still quite a bit, I think same as KAV7.

Mine is using 3.4MB RAM for Local User and 18.7MB for SYSTEM. I have not noticed any performance problems.

I am objective, so if there is an annoyance or problem with Kaspersky 2009 you'll hear it (ain't no fanboy). ;)

i don't really trust kaspersky's firewall at all. so i settled on comodo firewall pro / kaspersky antivirus.

Great! So how do you like Kaspersky (2009?) so far?

Ah dammit, I went ahead an installed it. One immediate thing I noticed was the full system scan was ALOT quicker. 2009 also allows VSS or "Previous Versions" in Vista Business to function properly. In version 7, you had to either change the Firewall rules or disable protection before using it. So far I've witnessed to bugs.

* KAV tray icon doesn't animate even though animation is enabled.

* Added an application to the Trusted Zone, but it went back to Low Restriction