Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security 2009 Release

i actually uninstalled kav 2009 until its released officially. i went with antivir premium, they were giving away free one year licenses. :woot:

plus ive been reading about avira having almost a 100% detection rate. its voted one of the best av's out there in 2008.

not that i totally gave up on kaspersky, but i feel they got some work to be done before the 2009 product is totally finished.

i actually uninstalled kav 2009 until its released officially. i went with antivir premium, they were giving away free one year licenses. :woot:

plus ive been reading about avira having almost a 100% detection rate. its voted one of the best av's out there in 2008.

not that i totally gave up on kaspersky, but i feel they got some work to be done before the 2009 product is totally finished.

Free License. W00tz0r.

I ran a trial of Avira but it missed a few samples that I collected and verified Kaspersky 2009 detected and Avira didn't.

I don't totally trust AV-Comparatives. I think their methodology might be skewed.

Also, the Release Note (KAV09), Release Note (KIS09) are available now for Kaspersky 2009 products.

Free License. W00tz0r.

I ran a trial of Avira but it missed a few samples that I collected and verified Kaspersky 2009 detected and Avira didn't.

I don't totally trust AV-Comparatives. I think their methodology might be skewed.

Also, the Release Note (KAV09), Release Note (KIS09) are available now for Kaspersky 2009 products.

im sure i will give kaspersky a whirl again once my license expires.

I bought a licence for KAV2009. Hope I won't regret it.

(Y) I think you'll be just fine. If you do need help, PM me (or post on Neowin) and I will do the best I can to help you out.

Otherwise join the Kaspersky Forums (I'm there too :D ), there's lots of very knowledgeable people there.

I bought a licence for KAV2009. Hope I won't regret it.

You won't. Kaspersky 2009 is the the best AV/Firewall solution I've ever used. I have KIS 2009 and it runs like an absolute dream, whereas KAV/KIS 7 was kinda clunky.

Well I been using it all day.

Notice a much bigger difference then ESET Smart Security "Business Edition" or whatever it was. My system doesn't lag opening files, browsing the web, etc. Works like a dream! Performance seems on par.

Stupid question but...does Kaspersky Internet Security include "anti-virus / scanning"? I could've sworn it does.

Other then that, I love it!

edit: omg lmao. for anyone who read that, i didn't mean sister, i mean't system.

Well I been using it all day.

Notice a much bigger difference then ESET Smart Security "Business Edition" or whatever it was. My system doesn't lag opening files, browsing the web, etc. Works like a dream! Performance seems on par.

Stupid question but...does Kaspersky Internet Security include "anti-virus / scanning"? I could've sworn it does.

Other then that, I love it!

edit: omg lmao. for anyone who read that, i didn't mean sister, i mean't system.

Yes. You get Anti-Malware (Anti-virus etc.) included in Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. :happy:

Installed this yesterday and my computer running VERY smooth, and the "full computer scan" is REALLY fast to!!!

So much better than the 7:th version.

Great program, and i?m a Eset Smart Security user :DD

I uninstalled Kaspersky 7 to Install Kaspersky 2009 - yes. I don't see a problem with this procedure.

You didn't have trouble with NOD32? How about the system using 100% CPU for what seems like an eternity when a downloaded ZIP file is being scanned? And I guess having to uninstall the last version of NOD32 to install the latest build of NOD32 is totally different to the procedure of updating Kaspersky to the latest version? :D

If you like, wait until it's officially released. :happy:

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 now and I'm very pleased. The software is less resource hungry and faster than Kaspersky 7.

So really it's your call. No one here is pressuring you to change to Kaspersky 2009 product, many think Kaspersky 2009 products are a huge leap forward in performance and security from the last release - but all software has bugs.

You a Kaspersky sales man or something?? :p I mean, this new KIS 2009 is nice and spiffy, but even the russian build was rebuilt.. This TR still has a lot of bugs.. No rebuild has been announced yet, but in the past before retail, 3 versions were rebuilt..

This one I have a few gripes about.. ANd yes, I have been a kaspersky user since 1999.. (Even a Best tester up to 2004)..

- On some systems, this version can hog up to 300MB's of ram under certain conditions..

- Won't run on a MS Virtual PC correctly.. Will work fine tho in VMWare 6.0.3-80004

-Missed about 12 files infected that I have thrown at it out of about 300. (Nice archive of virii on CD's from when I when I analyzed them)

- Firewall says a threat has been found if you block too many ports (Not talking about ALL ports! :p ) and unblocks them automatically sometimes

- Crashes os scanning a file over 20GB's (Like a HDD image from Acronis), just locks up and freezes till a GPF comes up.

-And of course, cosmetic problems but thats expected. Nothing is gonna work 100%.

I have installed this on my machine and must say it is still the best AV around, but, I don't think this will be final as Kaspersky in an E-Mail has notified me that they have heard these problems from a few other users and they intent to look into it.. Still more spiffy than v7. I am just using the KAV for now. I will go with KIS when I can actually not worry about it opening ports on me. :(

Edited by Lord Zog

^

I'm no Kaspersky Sales Man. :$ I'm just an Anti-Virus Enthusiast, that's really enthused about Kaspersky 2009 products.

I also :wub: ESET and NOD32. 23_1_22.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I bought their solution in late 2007, I am wondering if I could get a price reduction on the update

don't you get free updates as long as your license hasn't expired?

don't you get free updates as long as your license hasn't expired?

Yes! The latest version of Kaspersky 2009 AV or IS will be free for current licensees.

Might have to give this a try... Nod32 is quite notorious for missing things, not often it happens but it does...

Hopefully Kasperskis ultra slow scanner is fixed (Ver 5 and 7 I hated - EVEN On WD Raptor)

Might have to give this a try... Nod32 is quite notorious for missing things, not often it happens but it does...

Hopefully Kasperskis ultra slow scanner is fixed (Ver 5 and 7 I hated - EVEN On WD Raptor)

The scanner is a lot faster in Kaspersky 2009. :happy:

by the way anyone know when gold might come out?

I believe that June is what Kaspersky is aiming at for Gold release.

And from the feedback I read, I think it's going to be a newer compile than the Technical Release.

so if I replace beta serial number with my license, this will likely work?

edit: hrm no, it says invalid license

Worked for me. :huh: Maybe you need to remove the beta license key first? Maybe do an uninstall / reinstall. The TR never gave the option to gave a beta key.

Also. Patch A has come down to Kaspersky 2009 products. Some fixes. Unsure what, but everything is working well.

Cool, seems like this version has improved performance and scanning speed. i'll try this out when it becomes final.

Btw zer0l0gic what are you trying to show there?

Cool, seems like this version has improved performance and scanning speed. i'll try this out when it becomes final.

Btw zer0l0gic what are you trying to show there?

Just showing that there is an 'a' patch released for the TR.

:happy:

Currently I'm playing with AntiVir though.