[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

So we are that stage again with the season ending and transfers about to happen or maybe even already happened so discuss them here or discuss who you would like to see your club sign.

So far the biggest transfer is Flamini joining Milan!

AC Milan have completed the signing of Mathieu Flamini from Arsenal on a four-year contract.

The France international, whose deal at the Emirates ran out this summer, has passed a medical and agreed terms to stay at the San Siro until 2012.

The departure will come as a blow to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who had offered the 24-year-old a new deal.

Flamini had been a key player this season, making 39 starts in midfield and scoring three times.

While Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani moved to play down fan fears that Flamini had been signed to replace Gennaro Gattuso, the player himself expressed his delight at the move.

I'd say Modric to Spurs was a bigger transfer ;)

As for other rumours. Eto'o to Spurs? Berbatov and Robinson definitely leaving Spurs? Barry/Degan to Liverpool? Ljungberg to leave West Ham? Kewell/Riise/Crouch/Alonso to leave Liverpool? Ronaldinho/Zambrotta/Deco to leave Barca?

It all makes for a pretty busy summer.

I can see Ljungberg leaving West Ham we tried to offer him ?3m to cancel his contract if the papers are correct.

I forgot about the Modric transfer:pp

I'd rather he didn't leave, but Dean Ashton put himself up firmly in the shop window against Man Utd last weekend! I don't think he was supposed to score that goal! ;)

So we are that stage again with the season ending and transfers about to happen or maybe even already happened so discuss them here or discuss who you would like to see your club sign.

So far the biggest transfer is Flamini joining Milan!

They also got Alexander Hleb.

I bet Ces will be on his bike soon also.

Crouch has a 15mill tag on his head. I think you buy players on value, not by height.

I'm hearing that Sol will leave pompey and we are looking at a Benfica defender. I've also heard 20year old nathen dyer might join us from southampton, once his contract runs outs.

I've heard Pedro Mendes might be leaving as well, but I'm not so sure on that.

If Darren Bent is worth ?16.5 million, then by those standards Peter Crouch is easily worth ?15 million.

Although to be honest, I think we are playing clever putting such a high price on his head.

Rafa's got a screw loose over Crouch. He says he'd rather keep him for the last year of his contract and then let him go on a free transfer, instead of seeing him go for less than his transfer price! Absolutely mad! I'd lower the price tag down to ?10 million. That's more realistic.

If Darren Bent is worth ?16.5 million, then by those standards Peter Crouch is easily worth ?15 million.

Although to be honest, I think we are playing clever putting such a high price on his head.

To think we nearly paid 16m for hi:laugh:h:

West Ham are interested in Kightly from Wolves but Curbs has to sell to buy with our wage budget being ?50m a year.

I hope Hleb does leave, Arsenal have enough play-makers and not enough goal scorers.

To be benched:

Eboue 'Absolute useless'.

Hleb 'If he doesn't go'.

Robin Van Persie 'Atleast till he gets himself back together, have him on as a sub for a while. The future is Theo!'.

To be given more first team:

Theo Walcott 'This lad will deliver, that is a fact. He puts Eboue to shame.'

Nicolas Bentner 'Well he isn't the best player, but after him saving us..He deserves it.'

Denilson 'Flamini has gone, he deserves some more plays.

Abou Diaby 'He's waited enough, once he's fit he is a very strong player.'

Traore 'Maybe!'.

To be brought:

Ashley younge

Gabriel Agbonlahor

Matthew Upson

Stuart Downing

Gareth Barry

Joe Hart

Strip Gallas from the captain band, hand it Cesc or Kolo.

Edited by tom01

If Bent is worth 16.5 million then pound for pound Crouch is worth 16.5 billion.

When he was at Portsmouth I emailed Arsenal to tell Wenger to buy him.

The amount of great British talent that Wenger has let slip is getting me cheesed off.

The amount of decent British players also he let go is annoying me.

I hope Hleb does leave, Arsenal have enough play-makers and not enough goal scorers.

To be benched:

Eboue 'Absolute useless'.

Hleb 'If he doesn't go'.

Robin Van Persie 'Atleast till he gets himself back together, have him on as a sub for a while. The future is Theo!'.

To be given more first team:

Theo Walcott 'This lad will deliver, that is a fact. He puts Eboue to shame.'

Nicolas Bentner 'Well he isn't the best player, but after him saving us..He deserves it.'

Denilson 'Flamini has gone, he deserves some more plays.

Abou Diaby 'He's waited enough, once he's fit he is a very strong player.'

Traore 'Maybe!'.

To be brought:

Ashley younge

Gabriel Agbonlahor

Matthew Upson

Stuart Downing

Gareth Barry

Joe Hart

Strip Gallas from the captain band, hand it Cesc or Kolo.

Very good post, with a lot of good points. Although, I hope Liverpool get Gareth Barry and I doubt Wenger will sign many English players this summer, and it is even less likely he will re-sign Upson, to save face, as he is someone he sold for a pittance a few years ago.

Its doubtful that we will sell Upson for the reason we paid near ?7m for him so if we did we would want around ?5m of that back.

Its doubtful that we will sell Upson for the reason we paid near ?7m for him so if we did we would want around ?5m of that back.

I doubt Arsene Wenger will even look at english players, obviously all will be french as per usual. It does annoy me that 99% of our squad are foreign and are mostly french. Is it the fact that english players can't keep up good performance on a regular basis? example: Frank Lampard or the fact english tallent is so rare in the premier league that the prices are threw the roof.

I can see where he his coming from. A price tag on a english striker lets say Wayne Rooney will surely not be short but around 10 - 25 Million or he can take his self into another country like Blackburn did and spend 3 Million on Rocky Santa Cruz. If Wayne was Scottish he would without a doubt worth nomore than 7 Million.

Why I am on the subject of money, does it annoy anyone else when players say "I moved to another club to give my family a better life". Well, how much are they giving these 'familys', are players shipping out Ferrari's in the post to their familys. How can a player not be supported on ?20,000+. If I was on ?1000 a week I would surely not be complaining.

/end of rant.

:)

Something that might spark some transfers Man City might be given the UEFA Fair Play UEFA Cup slot then again it may be Everton or Fulham.

To think we nearly paid 16m for him :laugh:

West Ham are interested in Kightly from Wolves but Curbs has to sell to buy with our wage budget being ?50m a year.

I was listening to BBC Radio Five Live and an interesting comment I heard was that Chelsea and West Ham were the only 2 teams in the Premier League who hadn't really improved their squad.

From West Ham's point of view, almost all of the signings that Curbs has made have been questionable. Boa Morte ?5m? Nigel Quashie, Henri Camara has they even played for us? Everyone else has been brought on super wage packages that would even tempt back the likes of Tevez. Word was even he was offered nearly ?130,000 a week to remain.

Definately time for a mass clean out and time to bring in some players who wanna play for West Ham, not become a team for mid ranged primadonnas!

Boa Mort? has never really been good only a championship level player at best so why we wanted him I will never know, Henri Camara appeared once I think as a sub even when we had a striking crisis he never appeared we certainly need to rid the team of players we don't need and start to look at the academy Sears and Tomkins have been amazing

Apparently Berbatov has told his agent that he will only stay in England if he joins Manchester United?

I hope it's true, I'm a big fan of his and hope he joins. He needs to step up that level, and would be amazing on a stage such as Old trafford.

Nothing against Spurs, but it's the same as Cantona. He moved to Utd and it was that step up he needed to up his performances and make him a great.

Apparently Berbatov has told his agent that he will only stay in England if he joins Manchester United?

I hope it's true, I'm a big fan of his and hope he joins. He needs to step up that level, and would be amazing on a stage such as Old trafford.

Nothing against Spurs, but it's the same as Cantona. He moved to Utd and it was that step up he needed to up his performances and make him a great.

Berbatov will move I think but abroad to Spain.

Chelsea have beaten Manchester United to the signature of Jose Bosingwa, according to reports emerging in Portugal.

The talented Porto full-back has demonstrated in the UEFA Champions League over the past few seasons that he is one of the continent's finest in his position.

And it is such performances that have not gone unnoticed across Europe, with Manchester United thought to have been leading the race to acquire his services.

However, it has now come to light that Chelsea are desperate to add the player to their ranks and have stolen a march on their Premier League rivals.

A fee of ?20million (?15.8million) is thought to have been concurred between Porto and Chelsea, with Bosingwa to pen a five-year deal with the West London club.

Portuguese press are reporting that an announcement could be made as early as Monday, with Bosingwa having elected not to make any comment this weekend as to where his future may lie.

Chelsea have reached an agreement with Porto for the ?16.2m transfer of right-back Jose Bosingwa.

The 25-year-old Portugal international has arrived in London to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

Bosingwa, who was also a target for Manchester United, was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo but moved to Portugal as a child.

The full-back helped Porto to the 2004 Champions League title and four league championships since signing in 2003.

Bosingwa made more than 40 appearances for Boavista before former Blues boss Jose Mourinho brought him to rivals Porto.

Although he was used sparingly in his first season, the defender, who can also play on the wing, had been the first-choice right-back during the last three seasons.

His performances have earned him seven caps for Portugal and he is expected to be named in their Euro 2008 squad this week.

Alberto da Silva, a journalist for World Soccer magazine, believes Bosingwa has been overvalued by Chelsea.

"He's a good player but he's not worth that much money," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"Chelsea's current right-back Paulo Ferreira is a better player. I don't know who negotiated the deal, but he did well for Porto."

He added: "I don't believe Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson would have been willing to spend that much money on Bosingwa."

I doubt Arsene Wenger will even look at english players, obviously all will be french as per usual.

I can see where he his coming from. A price tag on a english striker lets say Wayne Rooney will surely not be short but around 10 - 25 Million or he can take his self into another country like Blackburn did and spend 3 Million on Rocky Santa Cruz. If Wayne was Scottish he would without a doubt worth nomore than 7 Million.

I have heard on the rumor mill that Santa Cruz will be coming to Ashburton Grove for the up and coming season.

Boa Mort? has never really been good only a championship level player at best so why we wanted him I will never know, Henri Camara appeared once I think as a sub even when we had a striking crisis he never appeared we certainly need to rid the team of players we don't need and start to look at the academy Sears and Tomkins have been amazing

You obviously did not watch him when he played at Arsenal, he was a very quick and good skillful player.