[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

Oh, absolutely. I love Luis Garcia!!! I even have an Atletico Madrid shirt with Lil Luis's name on the back of it!

The reason we sold him was because he wanted to return to Spain.

Cracking little player though, and he is still one of my favourite players.

Liverpool left-back John Arne Riise is in Italy's capital to discuss a possible 6m euros (?4.75m) move to Serie A side AS Roma.

According to the AS Roma website, the club had been given permission by the Reds to discuss personal terms with the 27-year-old Norway international.

Riise signed for Liverpool in 2001 and helped them to the FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League titles.

Liverpool told BBC Sport they would not comment on transfer speculation.

The Norwegian has been a long-time target for AS Roma and both La Gazzetta dello Sport and La Repubblica report that the clubs are close to finalising a deal.

It is time for Riise to move on.

He has been a great player for us over the years, and a loyal servant. The problem is that we have outgrown him as a club, so it is time for him to move on. We have already brought in Dossena to replace him, and have Aurelio and Insua for left back (and even Arbeloa and Carra in an emergency).

Some good memories though...

Riise against Utd...

Riise against Chelsea...

Finalised!

Italian Serie A club AS Roma have signed Norway defender John Arne Riise from Liverpool for ?4m.

According to Roma's website, the 27-year-old has signed a four-year deal after Liverpool had given them permission to discuss personal terms.

Left-back Riise signed for Liverpool in 2001 and helped them to the FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League titles.

Roma, who will play in the Champions League next season, have been targeting the versatile Norwegian for some time.

Not completed as yet, but close.

Liverpool are awaiting completion of the necessary paperwork before officially announcing John Arne Riise's transfer to AS Roma.

Riise arrived in the Italian capital on Wednesday and held talks with the Serie A side, who have since announced he has signed on a four year deal.

Stay tuned to Liverpoolfc.tv for more news as it unfolds.

Good luck to the guy (Y)

yeah.. and millions of pound will not help Arsenal buy Arda Turan from Galatasaray. No way.

Arda Turan is amazing.. yeah.. he and Arsenal would definetely suit each other.. but i wont be too upset if he doesnt come as long as we get Nasri and Ben Arfa... the man I REALLY want Arsenal to go after is Arshavin.. He is a complete forward.. one of the best in the future! and if Arsenal steal him cheap now it will be one hell of a deal!

You already have Nasri... Ben Arfa might be tough.

Arsene Wenger is a great admirer of Arda Turan. But our chairman just said he wont let Arda go for a few years.

Arshavin is VERY talented as well.

According to Sky Sports today!

Inter have already stated that landing England midfielder Lampard is their No.1 ambition this summer, with Mourinho also looking to bring in striker Drogba and Barcelona playmaker Deco.

Deco is going to Chelsea IMO.. Lamps and Drog can be headed to Inter.

Barcelona vice-president Marc Ingla has confirmed he is negotiating with Arsenal to sign Alexander Hleb. The Belarusian star has been strongly linked with a summer move, with Internazionale, Real Madrid and Barca all confirmed admirers.

Ingla flew to London earlier this week and he has now admitted that talks are taking place.

Arsenal are reported to want at least 20million euros (?15.8million) for the 26-year-old, although it seems Barca may not be willing to go that high.

Arsenal should look to get a speedy winger!!

Valencia midfielder David Albelda has admitted that Chelsea are interested in signing him. Chelsea and Tottenham are both said to be keen on Albelda - but only if he is available on a free transfer.
Milan have revealed that they are not in talks with either Samuel Eto'o or Didier Drogba, and insist that Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor is their only striking target.

I say... this is the big chance Arsene!!! let him go and make some money... get Arshavin or Villa!!

Edited by Kralik

i read in a spanish newspapper site that bar?a has signad adebayor for 27 m?,

can enyone here confirm it? i'm not quite sure abour it because, acording to the same papper, c.ronaldo is already a madrid player

i read in a spanish newspapper site that bar?a has signad adebayor for 27 m?,

can enyone here confirm it? i'm not quite sure abour it because, acording to the same papper, c.ronaldo is already a madrid player

I think they are both wrong. Arsenal website is quiet abt Adebayor and United again stressed today that Ronaldo is not going anywhere. However Christiano might have some other ideas. In an interview today, Sky report him as saying this abt moving to Real:

"It is a dream, a step forward, you can call it what you want. For me it is a great opportunity, and as Scolari says, that train passes by only once, and we have to take advantage of it.

"You will soon know what I want. You do know what I want and that is why I don't want to say anything else. Let's wait. I want to give more details that is why I cannot say much more."

"It is my opinion, that is why I don't mind if people get upset. It is my decision. It is what I want!" he concluded.

"I will speak to Manchester United. I will try to reach an agreement and we will see," he added.

He CLEARLY wants to join Real Madrid this summer!!! ::yes:es:

Edited by Kralik

bar?a is negotiating for him too, and also for Hleb, Guardiola like him so much and wants him to be the replacement of Eto'o.

personally, i prefer Zlatan in bar?a but i'm not the one who choses. anyway next year bar?a don't look strong enough IMHO, hope they don't give us, supporters, a new bad year as it's appears it'll be.

Adebayor is an awesome player. Lets see where he ends up.

Any word where Quaresma from Porto may be headed? I know there were a few clubs interested in him.

Adebayor is an awesome player. Lets see where he ends up.

Any word where Quaresma from Porto may be headed? I know there were a few clubs interested in him.

I haven't heard anything about Quaresma to be honest which does surprise me.

He lacks pure acceleration, and doesn't have the best of attitudes.

I think that's whats stopping him from getting a move.

He is a very gifted player, but lacks knowledge of how to use his ability (a bit like Ronaldo when he was 18 or 19). His attitude stinks, he failed at Barca and considering Porto will be demanding upwards of ?20 million+ for him, I don't think clubs are willing to take a gamble.

Portsmouth win the FA Cup and then make their first signing Glen Little???

Anyone know anything about him other than him not getting a first team spot at Reading and his being an injury prone?

Anyone know anything about him other than him not getting a first team spot at Reading and his being an injury prone?

Well you pretty much said it all really, I think they have signed to be a back up player incase of injuries.

He's 32 :p

The Nerazzurri coach, Jos? Mourinho, looks set to rebuild the squad in the close-season as he wants Inter Milan to mount a serious Champions League challenge after years without success in European competitions.

The signing of a creative midfielder seems to be one of Mourinho's priorities, and with the Special One missing out on the opportunity to capture Deco and Frank Lampard, he has turned his attention to Xavi.

The 28-year-old is a product of Barca's youth system, having joined the Catalan club at the age of 11.

source

Xavi and Lampard?!! if inter was successful in geting these 2 it can become quite powerful, thery're already on a roll with their old striker Cruz

i doubt it though

also talks with Joaquin Sanchez

Inter are well known to be in the market for a top-class winger, and they were expected to snap up either Roma’s Amantino Mancini or Porto’s Ricardo Quaresma.

However the Gazzetta today claims that the Nerazzurri are in talks to sign Valencia star Joaquin Sanchez.

The 26-year-old is one of Spain’s most explosive players, however things have not gone well for him since he joined Valencia from Real Betis two years ago, and last season he had a truly miserable campaign, culminating in him missing out on a place in Spain’s Euro 2008 squad.

source

Edited by _InitializeD_

Scolari insists Man U cant stop Ronaldo :o

He told The People: "I know Cristiano well and I know the type of person he is so I have no doubts about how he will handle himself in the next few weeks.

"People must understand that Cristiano becomes stronger with all the difficulties and the stories about him. I have never known anyone so mentally strong.

"What happened to him at the World Cup in 2006 in the quarter-final against England would have crushed many other players - but not Cristiano.

"And what has been happening around him here with the uncertainty about his future has not affected him - I know that because I have been with him.

"He is so strong mentally and he is in control of his own destiny - and because of that Manchester United can do nothing to hurt him.

"It is his dream to play for Real Madrid and I am sure Cristiano will fulfil his dream whatever the difficulties."

Arshavin to Arsenal? It can happen!!

Zenit St Petersburg coach Dick Advocaat has confirmed that Andrei Arshavin wants to leave the club.

The 27-year-old is being tracked by clubs from Italy, Spain, France, Germany and England - with the likes of Newcastle, Manchester City, Everton and more recently Arsenal said to be interested.

According to recent reports.. Ancelloti is also interested in hm.. 'Cmon Wenger just do this for us! Make Arshavin an Arsenal player!

Edited by Kralik