[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

You obviously did not watch him when he played at Arsenal, he was a very quick and good skillful player.

was being the apt word he is past it now.

To be brought:

Ashley younge

Gabriel Agbonlahor

Gareth Barry

As a Villa fan, I'd say no, no, and no. Anyway, they're English so that probably ends Arsenal's interest ;)

I hope Barry doesn't go to Liverpool, but won't hold it against him if he does he's been a wonder for us and is so under rated.

No disrespect to barry, but I think such a move could be wrong, liverpool have a habit of buying other prem league players and not being so good. Well thats what I think anyway. Barry can get more by playing for villa, sure with liverpool being in europe and in the top 4, he may just stumble which I don't want to see.

Teenage sensation John Bostock looks set to join Tottenham from Crystal Palace this summer.

The 16-year-old midfielder became Palace's youngest-ever player aged 15 years and 287 days when he featured against Watford last October.

Bostock is reported to have attracted interest from the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and even Barcelona.

Palace boss Neil Warnock was hoping to tie Bostock to a contract in south London but now appears to have admitted defeat in trying to keep hold of his prodigy, who is currently sitting his GCSE exams.

He said: "I don't honestly know. I've been told he's going to sign for Tottenham but I'm not sure. I'll be speaking to his dad.

"It's disappointing really if that's the case because I've not been told myself. But these big clubs can do what they want, can't they?"

As a Villa fan, I'd say no, no, and no. Anyway, they're English so that probably ends Arsenal's interest ;)

I hope Barry doesn't go to Liverpool, but won't hold it against him if he does he's been a wonder for us and is so under rated.

I would say the same if I was a Villa fan but my personal opinion they have some of the finest young english players. I would love to have Gabriel Agbonlahor and Ashley Younge for Thomas Rosicky and Eboue LOL. So in a way, I am jellous

LOLOLOL Eboue, what a seriously crap winger/defender....It makes me laugh how he has a attitude...You have to be good to have a attitude like Thierry Henry...but EBOUE...

Malouda to Anfield? and Voronin to Stuttgart?

Liverpool have made a shock move to sign Chelsea winger Florent Malouda for around ?10million.

Preliminary talks with Malouda's people have been positive enough to convince Kop boss Rafa Benitez the player will leave.

The France international almost joined the Reds last summer before Chelsea outbid them and offered ?60,000 a week wages.

But reports in The Sun suggest Benitez plans to move Ryan Babel to a more natural position on the right or behind Fernando Torres to free up the left attacking-midfield slot.

But the move is very much dependent on a takeover by DIC.

Meanwhile, Anfield flop Andriy Voronin is wanted by German side Stuttgart.

Voronin, 28, signed on a free last summer from Bayer Leverkusen and scored six goals.

The pony-tailed Ukraine striker is under contract until 2011 but Liverpool are prepared to let him leave on the cheap.

--

Spurs to Capture Eto'o[/b]b> and Moreno[/b]b>?

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is understood to be planning to fly to Barcelona on Sunday as the club step up their bid to sign Samuel Eto'o.

The London Evening Standard reports that head coach Juande Ramos has made Eto'o his first-choice signing to play up front next season and Levy wants to do everything possible to get his man.

nter Milan have already contacted the striker's agent but Spurs have been encouraged by the 27-year-old's desire to play in England.

Eto'o said: "The Premier League is a top league, so to play there will be fantastic and a good challenge. I want to be a 'Pichichi' [top scorer] there as well. I am a top player and I can play in any country."

Spurs, who are believed to have sent a club official to Spain after Barcelona lost to Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, have been told they will have to pay around ?27m for Eto'o.

They will also have to somehow fund his ?100,000-a-week wage demands, which breaks the pay structure at the club.

--

Brazilian club Cruzeiro expect Tottenham to make a bid upwards of ?6million for Bolivia striker Marcelo Moreno.

Alvimar Perrella, president of Cruzeiro, claims Spurs have had an offer turned down for the 20-year-old, with Shakhtar Donetsk putting in the highest bid so far.

"The proposal was well short of what we expected," said Perrella. "Of course, they should return to make a new offer but, until now, no [they haven't]."

Perrella suggested a possible problem with negotiations could be Moreno only being partly owned by the club and a third party owning the rest of his playing rights.

Please, Eto'o. Don't sign for Spurs :(

Spurs seem to be pushing alot of money this summer and it could be their downfall, can't buy a team.

Lyon keep Benzema for long time................. :whistle:

Benzema = Ronaldo + Zidane

I think he's the best young player I ever seen.

Eto'o to Spurs? Nah spurs are always going to follow the pack of the big 4, they may cause problems but it will be a season or two before they could get in for the big europe stage. Ideally, Eto'o will be better off at Man Utd or Arsenal. Only thing is Arsenal aren't willing to spend big on signings. Man Utd on the other hand could produce the strongest strike force in the world.

Eto'o to Utd...that is a pretty good shout actually. I could see it happening.

In an idea world though he would come to Liverpool, he has a world class goal scoring record, and would be a nice backup to El Nino ;)

Going to liverpool is possible, but only if DIC takes over. Back up for El Nino? your having a laugh, more like alongside

Not notice the wink :p? I don't think we will get him to be honest, for several reasons; 1) The DIC takeover will not be completed this summer, 2) Rafa would not want to change his philosophy and his formation of 4-2-3-1, 3) Eto'o does not have the best attitude in the world and is not a "Rafa player" in my mind.

Barcelona have agreed a ?6million deal with Manchester United for Gerard Pique.

Sportsmail revealed last week that the 21-year-old defender was in negotiations over a return to his former club and the sides came to an agreement over the weekend.

Barcelona will pay ?4m now and the rest depending on Pique's appearances.

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola wants more Spanish players in his squad and sees 6ft 4in Pique as a long-term partner for captain Carles Puyol.

Manchester United needs a Nistelrooy!

Benzema

Ibrahimovic

Berbatov

One of them should be acquired this summer.

If Sir Alex is planning to continue as the best in England, and maybe Europe.

VidER

Arsenal have been in contact with Marseille midfielder Samir Nasri with a view to signing the France international, BBC Sport understands.

The 20-year-old is believed to have a ?13.5m buy-out clause in his contract, but it is not known whether Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has agreed a fee.

Nasri, who said he may have played his final game for the club, is renowned for his pace and dribbling skills.

He was named in France's provisional 30-man squad for Euro 2008 on Sunday.

Nasri joined Marseille as a nine-year-old and made his league debut during the 2004-2005 season.

--

Liverpool have made their first transfer move of the summer, swooping for Borussia Dortmund's Philipp Degen on a free transfer.

The Switzerland international defender will move to Anfield on 1 July when his current deal with the German club ends.

The 25-year-old former Basel player will compete with Alvaro Arbeloa and Steve Finnan for the right-back berth.

"His strength is going forward," Anfield manager Rafael Benitez told Liverpool's website.

"He is an offensive player with great energy and a winning mentality

"He also played in the Champions League during his time with Basel and so is used to top-level football."

Degen - whose twin brother David plays for Basel - has made 26 appearances for Switzerland since making his international debut in 2005.

Man U only need a target man to complete the squad. Ever since Saha has been injured, they've lacked a targetman to finish.

Here's what's happening at Emirates this summer:

Arsenal To Trial Greek Teen Karelis:

Ergotelis' teenage striker Nikos Karelis is thrilled with the opportunity of a trial with Arsene Wenger's Arsenal.

Arsenal Line-up Lille's Makoun To Replace Milan-Bound Flamini ? Gunners Face Competition From Tottenham: Agent

b>Lille midfielder Jean II Makoun's agent has claimed that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to take his client to the Emirates Stadium if Mathieu Flamini leaves for AC Milan in the summer. Arsenal Boss Wenger Certain Flamini & Lehmann Are The Only Departures, Claims 220 Players Want To Join The Gunners

b>According to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, there will not be any more departures from north London following midfielder Mathieu Flamini agreeing move to AC Milan and goalkeeper Jens Lehmann also ending his contract at the end of the season. Olympique Lyon's Hatem Ben Arfa Admits Arsenal Talksb>

Hatem Ben Arfa, the Lyon midfielder has admitted that he has held talks with Arsenal to discuss a possible summer move to the Emirates... Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger Applies For Work Permit For Mexican Striker Carlos Vela

b>Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger claimed that he has sent an application to gain a work permit for Mexican striker Carlos Vela, who has played for clubs like Salamanca and Osasuna in Spain while on-loan from the Gunners...

Apart from this I heard in a news programme on ESPN that Yaya Toure might be heading over to Arsena:woot:t: . According to reports.. he is "delighted" that he might get a chance to play alongside his brother at Arsenal! So I hope bye-bye Eboye..:devil:l:

The other changes I'd like to see are:

Walcott should be given more time on the pitch!

Gallas should be stripped of captaincy and it should be handed to Cesc or Gilberto Silva

Arsene should look to bye an experienced defender like Kompany, Mexes or Ayala

I hope they finally come to their senses and get rid of Adebeyor (Mr wasteful!!) and get Eto'o or Berbatov! (Drogba also a possibility) -- but I guess this is wishful thinkin:p:p

and get a good keeper like Brad Fridel, Oscar Cordoba or Hilderbrand

I dont think Cesc or Rosicky will leave us and with Eduardo coming back and some exciting signings we can give everyone a run for their money!

'Cmon Gunner!!!!!

It just goes to show the difference between the financial muscle of Chelsea and tight arses that are G&H. Chelsea buy a right back in Bosingwa for ?17 million, and Liverpool get a right back Degan on a free.

Liverpool are most likely going to have to sell to buy this summer. I can see us giving Villa Scott Carson and little bit of ? for Gareth Barry. Riise, Pennant and Crouch will be leaving that will generate some more funds for a left back and a backup striker.

In a dream world we would get Alves, Hamsik, and Quaresma/Silva for our problem positions.