Mozilla Firefox 3.0 RC1

Hey, at least you are not on ubuntu ehhe .Firefox on ubuntu looks really ugly when compared to how it looks on vista.

IMO:

FF3 OS X > FF3 win xp > ff3 vista > __netscape 1.0 __ > Ff3 on ubuntu.

I think they took the 'native' look way too far.

I agree, they blew it on Ubuntu.

Can anyone get glasser with explorer bar to work on RC1

This is the official beta release of the Glasser extension, designed to work with Firefox 3 RC1. The creater, 6XGate, also describes how to use the 'Windows Explorer-like' themed bookmarks toolbar with this extension and provides the download link:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...637508&st=0

There is only a beta version now and this is an update to the Glasser you would have used on Firefox 3 Beta 5, as that was alpha.

Hope that helps? :)

----------------

Now playing on iTunes: DCFC - Steve Bloomer's Watchin'

via FoxyTunes

Edited by cJr.

Anyone know how i can get the old home icon used in beta 5 instead of the one in RC1? it looks all washed out and horrible.

Hey, at least you are not on ubuntu ehhe .Firefox on ubuntu looks really ugly when compared to how it looks on vista.

IMO:

FF3 OS X > FF3 win xp > ff3 vista > __netscape 1.0 __ > Ff3 on ubuntu.

I think they took the 'native' look way too far.

I like firefox in linux the best of all, because it is really native. If you have a good theme and icons it looks great, I personally think it looks great even with default themes like clearlooks or human and tango icons. I love. programs that integrate perfectly with the look of the os.

imo

Firefox linux > Firefox Vista (With glasser) >OSX >XP

Wow!

Just updated it on my Mac (leopard)!

(from FF3b5)

Great new changes/features!

The way they used transparency in this version is... FANTASTIC!

Also a lot of smaller tweaks... did anyone notice that the theme is called Firelight?

I've noticed one problem so far and that is my facebook chat app is broken most of the time (it thinks it's disabled on every page, but only sometimes :s)

Anyone else experience this?

Seems to be working flawlessly, only had to reinstall my flash player since that wasn't recognized anymore, so I upgraded to flash player 10 and all is working great even my main extensions were updated and work as I would like them to :)

Keeper for me so far, even uninstalled FF2.

I've just updated, and the only plugins that didn't work for me is PicLens and AIO Sidebar. The rest works smoothly and I'm pleased that there is now a Clear List button in Downloads.

Scirwode

Flash Player doesn't work for me, Neowin keeps reporting it needs additional plugins, I install them and restart the browser and it says the exact same thing.

I tried downloading the Installer, same thing - Says It's installed but doesn't work.

Flash Player doesn't work for me, Neowin keeps reporting it needs additional plugins, I install them and restart the browser and it says the exact same thing.

I tried downloading the Installer, same thing - Says It's installed but doesn't work.

I had the same problem as well. The Adobe installer worked though, so I'm unsure what your problem is really.

Scirwode

Just downloaded the Flash Player 10 Beta, now It's working (Y)

Good to hear (Y) .

Scirwode

Sorry to hijack the thread but i did search for Firefox 3.0 using Neowin search and now everything on Neowin to do with Firefox is highlighted in bright yellow AND also in IE7 which i don't use, so i'm guessing this is a Neowin setting.

How do i remove the highlighting please? As its fine on my laptop but not the desktop pc.

I'm using windows Vista if that helps.

Edited by SnoopZ

Can someone point me towards 3b5? I'm trying to find a download link and they all lead to RC1. Prior betas would install separately but that didn't happen this time around. Roboform isn't working for me

^Ctrl+F

That just brings up the search box in Firefox, All the words for Firefox are still highlighted even after a reboot and clearing the cookies.

That just brings up the search box in Firefox, All the words for Firefox are still highlighted even after a reboot and clearing the cookies.

I'll start a new thread on this so not to hijack.

I've noticed one problem so far and that is my facebook chat app is broken most of the time (it thinks it's disabled on every page, but only sometimes :s)

Anyone else experience this?

Yeah your not the only one, seems to happen a lot, if I click on another page it works then breaks again. Was fine in beta 5.

Can someone point me towards 3b5? I'm trying to find a download link and they all lead to RC1. Prior betas would install separately but that didn't happen this time around. Roboform isn't working for me

What OS?

I can give you my link.

If you want OSX that is.

If not, give me a sec and I'll give you my windows installation (from my USB).