Anyone Else Think Windows 7 Is Going To Suck?

I just saw the demo video and I'm really starting to hate Windows 7 (codenamed Vista with touch or Vistouch). I hate the fact that I will have to go out and buy a touch screen and I can only imagine the monster of a computer it would take to run it. Why doesn't Microsoft take it one small innovation at a time and try not to make operating systems with the same requirements as a Crysis, Far Cry 2, and Gears of War Hell spawn.

Yeah I don't think MS is stupid enough to make it a requirement...I mean who the hell has a touchscreen? I wouldn't even know where to buy one.

Suck? What type of language is that?

Windows 7 is the next "evolution" of the Windows line of operating systems. If you think change "sucks", then go ahead and prepare your arsenal to bash Windows 7 when it's released.

Vista is a pleasant change. Aesthetics, stability and usability of the whole operating system were all greatly improved. People just clammer on and complain because of driver problems (already solved) and/or Vista didn't change as radically as they thought it would have (because of all the hype).

And about system requirements... Better processors, graphic cards and the like are released VERY often and it's quite silly to complain about requirements when Windows 7 doesn't run on your computer that has a single core Intel or AMD processor and a 128MB graphics card.

Yeah touch screen will definitely not be a requirement - heck it might not even be included in vista (we've seen it happen before - features removed). It's was a demonstration of what *could* be done. By the time win7 is released though, they will be far less expensive and more popular. They are just thinking ahead..

Dude you are so ignorant and obviously uneducated in technology. Every new version of Windows ****s all over the older one, its just that some people are so quick to judge and just say it "sucks" or some other BS just because it takes some time to get used to. So why don't you ignore all the stupid comments and jjust try it out for yourself whenever you see something new, instead of being a bitch to peer pressure. ;)

Don't be hatin mann. :p

Give MS a chance ( or at least 2 years! duh! ). It was just a DEMO.

You can't be serious about thinking it sucks without even seeing any real deal feature of 7 yet. Think about the virtualization features and others that haven't been announced yet

For the record people I never said that it "sucks" I merely said that I really didn't like what I saw in the demo video. I run Windows Vista Home Premium and have no complaints I just don't think that Windows 7 has anything to sing home about

^ Mate you said you thought it would suck in the thread title!

Lol I just like the way we've heard nothing about Windows 7 (no real evidence of features etc) and people are already complaining...

I hate the fact that I will have to go out and buy a touch screen

Where did Microsoft say that you will require a touch screen to use Windows 7? Have they even discussed how deep touch features will be integrated into the system?

I can only imagine the monster of a computer it would take to run it.

Where did Microsoft announce the system requirements for Windows 7?

Why doesn't Microsoft take it one small innovation at a time

They do.

try not to make operating systems with the same requirements as a Crysis, Far Cry 2, and Gears of War

They don't.

haha the thread title screams that you think it'll suck!! "Anyone Else Think Windows 7 Is Going To Suck?, Post you opinions". As a wise person said, "When you are in a hole, stop digging."

I smell a flame war about to happen

anyway its to early to tell man. and its codenamed windows 7, not Vista with touch or Vistouch ;)

I agree they need to stop rushing and take time.... vista to so long because they rush to make it the best and made many many MANY mistakes... but come on, XP wasnt always prefect. it had its downs..... enough with the Os flamewars go outside and get some fresh air

haha the thread title screams that you think it'll suck!! "Anyone Else Think Windows 7 Is Going To Suck?, Post you opinions". As a wise person said, "When you are in a hole, stop digging."

Yeah. :laugh:

This thread deserves:

epicfailrz1.jpg

I feel like bringing up a fun SAT analogy game...

Anyone care to guess the answer?

Windows ME : Windows Vista

Windows XP : Windows ____

Catch my drift?

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

This is stupid.

We know virtually nothing about Windows 7. How could you possibly know whether or not it is going to 'suck'?

Catch my drift?

This kind of analogy is a relatively epic fail. Windows ME ended an entire operating system architecture. Microsoft abanonded DOS/9x after ME. Vista, on the other hand, ensures that Microsoft will be continuing to use NT for the forseeable future.

I think these type of topics should automatically be deleted. We know almost nothing about it. this is the same as me starting a topic "anyone Else Think OS XI is going to suck?"

Catch my drift?

People that compare Vista to ME are idiots.

Catch my drift?

This is getting ridiculous now it was just a freakin demo, we know nothing else about Windows 7 at this point so how can you be so quick to judge. People seem to flame Windows and Microsoft for just about anything these days for attention. Maybe the touch screen isnt your thing, but you cant base your assumption just around that so have some patience and wait for info to come out about 7. I am actually kind of glad Microsoft is being more secretive about 7 this time around.

Win7 isn't going to suck. What I'm personally concerned about is Microsoft continuing its greed streak with the skus, like they've done with Vista. Basic should have never existed and they're are some Business/Ultimate only features that would've been welcomed additions in Home Premium. This is how it should've been done:

Home

* Media Center

* Image backup and Previous Versions

* Deskscapes

* Aero Interface w/optional GDI accelerated classic theme

Business/Enterprise Editions:

* Domain Joining

* Image Backup and Previous Versions

* Bitlocker Encryption

* Aero Interface w/optional GDI accelerated classic theme

* Extra Administrative tools (ex. gpedit)

If they would just get back to basics and stop the marketing dept. from ****ing things up, then 7 will be very nice :)

We will hardly use touchscreen with windows 7 ,it will be a nice optional for people who want to go nex gen :)

Exactly, much like voice recognition in Vista. Heck, or even the current Vista touch screen capabilities. It fully supports handwriting recognition and stuffs, but you aren't required to use any of those features.

i dont think MS can afford for it to suck, 2 Os's in a row that the public gave bad reception to wouldnt be good for MS