Anyone Else Think Windows 7 Is Going To Suck?

Exactly, much like voice recognition in Vista. Heck, or even the current Vista touch screen capabilities. It fully supports handwriting recognition and stuffs, but you aren't required to use any of those features.

Yeah and you can even remove all those features if you want on vista, by going to add/remove windows components and selecting to remove tablet pc features, I expect windows 7 will be similar. Far from mandatory.

I'm a little peeved they're releasing 7 so early, and not even giving Vista a chance to get better, or improving Vista to over-come all the complaints that people have with it.

Its threads like these that start really unneceassary flames. you know nothing about windows 7, which is years away from public beta releases and already your slating it.

jeez

I wouldnt say "years" more like a year to year and a half till the first beta.

I'm a little peeved they're releasing 7 so early, and not even giving Vista a chance to get better, or improving Vista to over-come all the complaints that people have with it.

98 came out 3 years after 95. XP came out 3 years after 98, so it only makes sense. we arnt used to this as we've been stuck with xp for over 6 - 7 years

No. Windows 7 won't suck.

and

No. You won't need a touch screen to use Windows 7.

:pacifier:

That icon cranked me up!!! :D HAHAHAHA

All windows ME was, was windows 98 3rd edition, with a new skin (2000) few new apps and thats it... it was so small and crappy. vista does not compare to it. sure it has its problems but every os does when it first came out. XP was bad. didnt get good untill 2004 when SP2 came out

i think MS will learn from the mistakes made with vista and make windows 7 rock

yes itll 'suck' at first, like every OS..but itll be amazing

hell..i really like vista..so..

Nope, I think it'll be great, and the demo video only featured the multi-touch features they were working on, so I can't judge the rest of the system by that.

I guess that I am in the minority of people that actually like Vista. I Beta Tested it and never had a problem after build 5206 I believe. I am now using Vista Business. I have never had a BSOD. It has never crashed. Firefox runs faster on it. That being said, I am in no hurry to upgrade to Windows 7. If it take MS until 2011, I would not care. An Operating system is an Operating System. It is how you use it and what programs you run that really matter. How much faster could Windows 7 be to cause millions of people that spent a great deal of money on Vista to upgrade. There are many Businesses that are still using Win 2000 Pro.

WOW...it still REALLY is cool to hate on Microsoft isn't? My god man, what a rebel you are :rolleyes:

What have you seen of Windows 7? Nothing. Multi-touch is going to be one of the future ways of interacting with a computer. Apple have embraced it with the iPhone, multi-touch is already being implemented on a large scale, with computers going the way it is, a tablet PC, or a UMPC with a touch screen could very well be the future in the next 10 years. Just because Microsoft shows off a feature, all of a sudden the entire industry need to drop what their doing and buy new machines? Microsoft won't embrace the keyboard and mouse anymore? Really? Man we put ALOT of thought into the treads we make on Neowin these days don't we?

Its flame bates like this that develop into a huge Vista/Microsoft-hating-fanboy-bandwagon. Get over it. Windows 7 is in development, Vista is only beginning to mature, if you don't want to use it, move to Apple, move to Linux. Its a free market, no one will miss your b!tching.

This sounds like you're saying that Windows XP sucked because it was an entire release about Tablet support.

Vista is only beginning to mature, if you don't want to use it, move to Apple, move to Linux. Its a free market, no one will miss your b!tching.

:)

I dont like it either and it aint even came out yet. Just a mimick of vista.

People that say that Windows Me are crazy!

the best features from windows today came from Windows Me. Windows Media Player 7 was the first build of WMP that you could actually use it as a everyday player and organize your music. System Restore was the best feature ever built into Windows. If im not mistaken you actually could install USB Pens without drivers on WinMe. And imaging devices was also a new feature from Windows Me. Cleaner interface...

I like to think that windows Me was a very early "beta" of Windows Media Center. I used it for a very long time and i didn't had any issues. (lies... :D i had one... and was for my stupidity at that time lol)

People that say that Windows Me are crazy!

the best features from windows today came from Windows Me. Windows Media Player 7 was the first build of WMP that you could actually use it as a everyday player and organize your music. System Restore was the best feature ever built into Windows. If im not mistaken you actually could install USB Pens without drivers on WinMe. And imaging devices was also a new feature from Windows Me. Cleaner interface...

I like to think that windows Me was a very early "beta" of Windows Media Center. I used it for a very long time and i didn't had any issues. (lies... :D i had one... and was for my stupidity at that time lol)

I am far from a Windows or Microsoft basher but Win ME sucked big time. It was released too soon and had way too many flaws. Why do you think Xp came out so soon after it.

This is absurdly stupid. Of course there will be complaints, because as the 99 billion people who use Windows shift to Vista, they'll find that it is a bit different, and come onto the Internet and bitch about it like someone else will care.

Oh wait, I meant Windows 7. :rolleyes:

I just saw the demo video and I'm really starting to hate Windows 95 (codenamed 3.1 with 32 bits or WinBit). I hate the fact that I will have to go out and buy a monitor that supports 32bit color depth and I can only imagine the monster of a computer it would take to run it. Why doesn't Microsoft take it one small innovation at a time and try not to make operating systems with the same requirements as a Duke Nukem, Warcraft 2 or Full Throttle.
I just saw the demo video and I'm really starting to hate Windows XP (codenamed Win98 with a fisher price toy theme or WinFP). I hate the fact that I will have to go out and buy friends to make use of the new multiple user interface and I can only imagine the monster of a computer it would take to run it. Why doesn't Microsoft take it one small innovation at a time and try not to make operating systems with the same requirements as a The Sims, Diablo 2, and Dues EX.

The same things can be said for many OS releases, lol.

Edited by power out

I dont like it either and it aint even came out yet. Just a mimick of vista.

how can you not like it when its not even out yet? the old 3xxx bulids of longhorn had an XP UI, and most everything was XP, like these early 6001xxxxxx bulids of 7. of cpourse its not going to look diferent.... its vista with minor updates!

That icon cranked me up!!! :D HAHAHAHA

It was the best way I could describe the topic. :laugh:

"Oh Windows 7 will suck. /slitting wrists. emo.gif "

Ok had my fun.

It's insane to feel that a product that is still some way off Beta 1 is already 'going to suck'.

Even as a mac fan dude boy, I am afraid of Windows 7. I can't believe MS would be so stupid to do their mistakes twice. They did learn a lot with Vista... yeah, even at the 6th version, they learned a lot.

But what the hell, if Apple has some real competition this time, I will be happy. It's time for them to make the best they can, but they have to take the pressure easily, or else...

But what the hell, if Apple has some real competition this time, I will be happy.

You mean the other way around. Apple's the one with a 10% marketshare... not PC's.

I personally love Vista, so I don't think 7 will suck at all.

Second, hardly any information regarding Windows 7 has been released to even come up with a verdict.

Finally, if you even think that MS is going to make everything require a touch screen, PLEASE do society a favor and DO NOT reproduce! For real, that is just completely idiotic. The touch interface is something that is added IN ADDITION to the current mouse and keyboard interfaces. They took the tech from the MS surface and incorporated it into the OS. I can't believe I even have to explain this to some people. :argh:

But what the hell, if Apple has some real competition this time, I will be happy. It's time for them to make the best they can, but they have to take the pressure easily, or else...

You mean if Microsoft has some real competition?