Watercolor Emico

Thanks! :D

@Scirwode: I came across more comments like that, there's still a "Extra Large Font" substyle that isn't being used yet. So I might put Calibri in that substyle for the people that want it but I'm not sure if it fit's this theme.

@Scirwode: I came across more comments like that, there's still a "Extra Large Font" substyle that isn't being used yet. So I might put Calibri in that substyle for the people that want it but I'm not sure if it fit's this theme.

I don't think there's any need to do it. I have done it before with Luna Element 5.1 and it certainly looks nice but to change the fonts in a skin is quite easy, and it is something I will do once you release shellstyles for Watercolor Emico for my own personal use. I think it's better to just concentrate on making the visual styles as that's what matters at the moment. And time is certainly a factor especially when you're working on a visual style such as this to make it look just nice :laugh: !

I'm just waiting for some nice start buttons mods to really complement the theme, or I might do some myself :laugh: ! Again, keep up the good work (Y) .

Scirwode

I've got a few start buttons from my mockups that I'm going to release as an add-on pack. I only have extra start buttons for blue atm but ones all the visual styles are done I'll be updating those for the other colors as well :)

Here's a teaser of the new buttons that I made for Ergonomic Blue:

emiconewergobuttonsyz5.png

Ah, that will certainly be very nice, I can't wait to see what kind of start buttons you have (Y) .

Scirwode

I've got a few start buttons from my mockups that I'm going to release as an add-on pack. I only have extra start buttons for blue atm but ones all the visual styles are done I'll be updating those for the other colors as well :)

Here's a teaser of the new buttons that I made for Ergonomic Blue:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3875/em...obuttonsyz5.png

Looking great indeed (Y)

Awesome work!! I think I prefer the Ergo colour.

I prefer Calibri myself but to each his own :whistle: .

Scirwode

I also enjoy Calibri, I think it's the cleanest font on Windows. Though I think there's a bug with the icon font when set to Calibri. The icon font trails off as if the name is larger than it actually is. Happens with certain other fonts too.

^Thanks :D

Bug fixes and updates in Ergonomic Blue:

14-06-08:

- Changed the orange on the buttons

- Changed the orange on the tabs

- Changed the orange on the checkboxes

- Changed the orange on the radiobuttons

- Removed some gloss in the flash button. There was a bit to much gloss in that button compared to the others.

Bug fixes and updates:

14-06-08:

- Removed some gloss in the flash button. There was a bit to much gloss in that button compared to the others.

Too bad I won't be on Windows all weekend (I only use Windows at work) :cry:. I never thought I would say something like that.

I think Calibri fits great ;)

But I have to agree with Scirwode: Modding the font of a VS is extremely easy.

post-43944-1213455252_thumb.jpg

Bug fixes and updates in Ergonomic Blue:

14-06-08:

I think there's a problem with the Title Bar in the Compact style, it's too big.

Thanks for pointing that out. I knew it all went to good this time around :p

Edit:

I've updated the file at deviantART. It has a compact start panel now :)

Edited by Capric0rn

Haha so you finally decided to install XP? Would be funny if Emico was the only reason :p

I think Calibri fits great ;)

But I have to agree with Scirwode: Modding the font of a VS is extremely easy.

I usually don't like Calibri since the normal and bold versions have a different spacing. But this looks nice. Maybe I'll mod the extra large fonts option for that...

I also enjoy Calibri, I think it's the cleanest font on Windows. Though I think there's a bug with the icon font when set to Calibri. The icon font trails off as if the name is larger than it actually is. Happens with certain other fonts too.

I too feel that it is the cleanest font in Windows. As for the bug, it's not a font problem but a Windows problem where they have a set value of how the font they use should fit inside a box. There's a very good topic which explains it all but I can't remember where I've read it. I'll try and see if I can dig it up. Another problem with Calibri is that it has no symbols for passwords, so all you get are question marks.

But I still prefer it because of its clean lines.

Scirwode

Haha so you finally decided to install XP? Would be funny if Emico was the only reason :p

Yeah, I said I would install it on my comment on deviantART, and earlier in the thread :p I'll do it next week after my exams. Emico isn't the only reason, but it's quite a significant one ;) I want a change from Windows Vista! For the things I use my computer for anyway, there's no real difference between me using XP or Vista. There are few features of Vista which are useful, but it doesn't really make much difference for me.

^Haha alright. Well around that time Black might have been released :p

@To the Calibri users: Calibri doesn't fit the classic look that my theme has IMO. Tahoma just gives it that classic look that I want it to have. I might add the Calibri font style but I'm not sure yet :)

^I'm working on that version and all I can say is that it looks very nice.

Bug fixes and updates in Blue:

14-06-08:

- Fixed the toolbar gripper in Blue Classic

- Fixed the vertical toolbar grippers in Blue Modern and Classic

- Fixed the placebar button in Blue Modern

Edited by Capric0rn

^See, that's what I meant with converted XP Visual Styles. IF someone asked me for permission to release a WB or Vista port then those shutdown buttons have to be skinned and the fonts have to be set to Tahoma.

Thanks for the comment though :) Can you show me how your Firefox toolbar and menus look? Someone else here on Neowin made a port to WB which had a few strange bugs in Firefox.

Heh, thanks.

The converter did put fonts in Tahoma. I just forced everything to Segoe UI since all of Vista's UI is in Segoe UI (or at least it should). The converter also put a few fonts in Arial for some reason. :argh:

As for Firefox:

post-99705-1213481558_thumb.png

As much as I want to stay on XP for various reasons, I do believe it's time for me to use a 64-bit OS, and XP 64-bit doesn't really cut it...

I made up a quick personal mod so i could have a black version while I wait. There are still a large number of resources I need to convert, but it looks pretty good for the most part.

post-201195-1213502955_thumb.png

^That doesn't even come close to the black color that I'm using :p

@rm20010: Yep, you also have the weird bugs.

Heh, thanks.

The converter did put fonts in Tahoma. I just forced everything to Segoe UI since all of Vista's UI is in Segoe UI (or at least it should). The converter also put a few fonts in Arial for some reason. :argh:

As for Firefox:

post-99705-1213481558_thumb.png

As much as I want to stay on XP for various reasons, I do believe it's time for me to use a 64-bit OS, and XP 64-bit doesn't really cut it...

is that the default FF menu ?