Subscribing in dollars, how much would you pay?

Subscribing in US Dollars  

185 members have voted

1. 1. I'd pay the following amount for basic subscription

• $15
    • $20
    • $25
  2. 2. I'd pay the following amount for ad-free subscription

• $50
    • $60
    • I'd pay $60 and probably donate a bit more

I think $15 sounds like enough. Because the dollar is so weak, $10 won't convert into enough cash across the pond. :p

I think $15 sounds like enough. Because the dollar is so weak, $10 won't convert into enough cash across the pond. :p

It actually cost me over $16.00 US .

Where are the $0 options? Not to sound negative, but some people wouldn't pay extra for, well, no real nice extras.

Outside of supporting the site, I see really no benefit to subscribing. You get an e-mail account. Well, you can get those anywhere. You get special access to extra forums. This forum has enough to get literally lost in lol.

In regards to ad-free, well, you don't have to pay for that as well, so I'm not sure what the benefit is there either. If the ads here bother people, then they've not seen other sites. I don't even notice the ads.

• 2 months later...

People complaining about the subscription money, you realise you don't have to subscribe? :s Also the people complaining about ads, do you really think that they can afford to run the website without ads? $15 for a subscription is hardly anything, especially if you have enough money to buy a computer + internet connection. (I'm a student so cash is tight for me but $15, seriously not a big deal).

(Actually I get ?30 a week from the government now with EMA so I'm not strapped for cash anymore, after 16 years of not having money its a wondrous occasion:DD)

Think of it like a months subscription for Warhammer Online:pp

Where are the $0 options? Not to sound negative, but some people wouldn't pay extra for, well, no real nice extras.

Outside of supporting the site, I see really no benefit to subscribing. You get an e-mail account. Well, you can get those anywhere. You get special access to extra forums. This forum has enough to get literally lost in lol.

In regards to ad-free, well, you don't have to pay for that as well, so I'm not sure what the benefit is there either. If the ads here bother people, then they've not seen other sites. I don't even notice the ads.

Count me in for the cheapskate option. I don't mean to sound offensive, but I've been on Neowin for a few years, and in that time, I can't say I've ever gotten anything out of it that isn't available on any number of free forums. I just happened to stumble upon Neowin and stuck with it--really, it could've been any number of different sites. Therefore, I couldn't justify any amount of money. I only visit out of sheer habit.

If the only options were to pay or leave, I'd leave and never look back.

I'd be happy to pay $10, Australian for the subscription.

That seems fair to me for what I get, and use.

(Right now it costs ~$17AU)

While i'd prefer to not pay for an ad-less version of Neowin, I realise you guys have to pay for your stuff too. I'd be happy to pay $5AU a year for the priviledge. Let's face it, those ads aren't going to pay that much (per USER, per YEAR), so that's a profit. Get 100,000 users to pay that much, and you're home free.

Just my opinion, but i'll re-subscribe if the price doesn't go up too much. :)

I'd be happy to pay $50 for a higher tier of sub.

I remember some new features being mentioned a while back, any news on that guys?

I'd like to know this as well.

(and if the Vista giveaway is still on, since we pretty much ruined Neowin) :shiftyninja:

I'd like to know this as well.

(and if the Vista giveaway is still on, since we pretty much ruined Neowin) :shiftyninja:

The Vista thing will still be on I predict doesn't mean it will be stopped because of the "thread" would need confirmation tho

The Vista thing will still be on I predict doesn't mean it will be stopped because of the "thread" would need confirmation tho

Still, I think the Neowin Gods are pretty upset with us, so they would cancel it alltogether.

Anyways, I'd contribute 15 for a basic, and I have no idea about Upper level, as I'm fine as a regular member already, so I couldn't imagine what could be that enticing to make me subscribe to a higher tier.

the 10 EU it costs now is quite high for me. ( a broke 13 aomost 14 year old). i can afford more, i guess, but its diffcult , and i see sharply less buyers if price goes up, so it might not be worthwhile.