Battlefield Bad Company

What is it????

I know I was not playing last night, but like two nights ago when we all played someone had a really funny GT about a women's privates that I am forgetting the exact name now, but it was cleverly done and had the name GINA in it.

Yeah man, it was funny and cleverly done. But I can't remember what it was either. This is going to bug me all day now.

I may or may not be on tonight. Depends on how late I have to work.

But I do know that starting next Wednesday I get to work from home, so I'll be able to sneak in some games during the day. :)

Does this have split-screen online?

Having some friends over tomorrow to get drunk and play games seeing as everyone is going to T in the Park, so there's nobody to hit up town with.

Will probably be 3/4 of us. 4 player online like Halo, no?

.Kick and I won't be around over the weekend guys, sorry. We're off to T In The Park (music festival for those that have never heard of it).

I probably won't be on Live until the middle of next week sometime, but I plan to reach Rank 25 by the end of it.

@ MillionVoltss, what's your tag dude :p

Ok, now I'm officially jealous. You get to see Rage Against the Machine. (saw music festival and I had to look it up)

No split screen, sorry :(

Ah well.

Was going to rent it, but no point.

Halo 3 it is!

Ok, now I'm officially jealous. You get to see Rage Against the Machine. (saw music festival and I had to look it up)

I know!!! I can't wait :woot:

Will be taking lots of pics :yes:

Yeah man, it was funny and cleverly done. But I can't remember what it was either. This is going to bug me all day now.

I may or may not be on tonight. Depends on how late I have to work.

But I do know that starting next Wednesday I get to work from home, so I'll be able to sneak in some games during the day. :)

I tried doing that (great suggestion BTW) and they were not on it, thing with playing BF for awhile is you run across so many people apparently. This is also going to drive me crazy too!

I tried doing that (great suggestion BTW) and they were not on it, thing with playing BF for awhile is you run across so many people apparently. This is also going to drive me crazy too!

only thing you have to worry about is mowing that lawn DL.... I am finally going to pick this game up today or tomorrow... if i hate it.. I blame it all on DL

I really want to know this tag now!! :D

You're right, with games like Battlefield you do get through some gamers!!

I thought of that as well (thanks for the suggestion though), except I ended up playing COD4 for an hour or 2 afterwards. So that probably removed that GT from the recent players list.

I cannot check XBox.com through work, gaming sites are blocked. I'll look when I get home to see in the off-chance that GT is there, but I doubt it.

only thing you have to worry about is mowing that lawn DL.... I am finally going to pick this game up today or tomorrow... if i hate it.. I blame it all on DL

I am only mowing the backyard lawn now. ;)

I will probably be hopping on in about an hour for a little bit.

I am only mowing the backyard lawn now. ;)

I will probably be hopping on in about an hour for a little bit.

Ya bum...just cut the whole yard (front AND back) and be done with it! :laugh:

It'll give you more time to play in the long run.

And by the way, I read the other night that EA supposedly fixed that boosting glitch.

Finally got the game, found my Gamestop Giftcards, rounded up my friends debt and found some leftover cash and now it's time to blow stuff up :laugh:

I know!!! I can't wait :woot:

Will be taking lots of pics :yes:

Hope you have a great time. I saw RATM last year at a festival in the states called Rock The Bells, they were kick ass.

I gotta be honest, this has to be one of the most frustrating games I have ever played.

There's so many little things that just constantly **** me off and my friend share many of the same views, we've been screaming and yelling the past days in our chat conversations :laugh:

Let's just start with the hit-detection, I have never seen such a poor hit detection system in a game that is supposed to be an "AA" title. There's no point in aiming for specific body parts like the head, since you won't

get that headshot anyway. The only thing that works at this point is just holding down the trigger and then 1/10 kills, you get an extremely random headshot. I've played a serious amount of first person shooters in my time and this is by far the worst when it comes to bullet lag and hit detection.

There is the insane amount of healthpoints you have in the game, why oh why do I need to empty half a clip into people for them to die? I know it's the same for them, but weapons just feels like BB guns most of the time.

Oh and let us not mention most of the explosives are next to useless ... My friend said "What is the point of the grenade launcher?" and pretty much only playing that class, I agree with him. I have shot shells directly at people without them dying, I've shot shells next to almost dead people and still nothing. A few hours ago I was in a match, a guy with 10-20HP was hiding just behind a wall with a window - So I blasted the wall, the thing came down and he wasn't even scratched! He just shot me through the debris smoke.

And for the "Guns do no damage", how annoying is it when you see more than two people and you can do absolutely NOTHING! I even tried chasing a guy, almost had him killed when his squad mates just spawned around him and kill me ... God I hate that squad spawning. Also when you shoot through objects where you just "Removed" something, like a wall or wooden planks, the game still sees those objects. So when I try to shoot through a window where there WAS wooden planks, there's still wood flying all over the place blocking your view, plus bullet damage seems to decrease ( like they aren't bad enough as standard ... ). There is also some metal fences you can't shoot through, even though they are pretty much all holes.

There is the audio which sounds great, but is useless for a gamer like me. A guy shooting at 2m or 50m sounds exactly the same! People can sprint up behind me and knife me without me ever hearing them.

useless squad spawning is useless when playing with randoms, since you'll most likely die within the first 5 seconds of spawning because people just zerg around trying to get that one kill before dying.

About 4 times today, I've been pushed off edges and railings by friendly vehicles and straight into the non-combat zone ending in me "committing suicide". At least let the guy get a teamkill for running me over, not just PUSH me. I don't want minus points for getting PUSHED by a tank out of the map, what the hell?! They could also increase the out of bounds time, at least 10 seconds. Some of the maps, the out of bound zone has been placed extremely ridiculous and there's time where you can even get back because of a lame fence or a small hill!

The list of annoyances just keeps going and going ... This is by far the most annoying FPS games I have ever played. Problem is, the game has a lot of good sides as well, but the positives don't really outweigh the negatives, they just even each other out.

Oh by the way, get rid of the damn weapon bobbing, arg!

Edited by Sethos

lol, exactly what I've been saying for the past few weeks Michael. I still fricking love the game though :laugh:

I should be back on XBL on Wednesday night or so.

.Kick and I are hanging out for a few days, but I want to reach rank 25 by the end of this week :yes:

Oh and let us not mention most of the explosives are next to useless ... My friend said "What is the point of the grenade launcher?" and pretty much only playing that class, I agree with him. I have shot shells directly at people without them dying, I've shot shells next to almost dead people and still nothing. A few hours ago I was in a match, a guy with 10-20HP was hiding just behind a wall with a window - So I blasted the wall, the thing came down and he wasn't even scratched! He just shot me through the debris smoke.

I see the explosives as being anti terrain weapons more so then anti personal. They seem more intended for opening buildings up IMHO.

Theres some issues yeah. Squad spawning can be a PITA at times. My other issue is the actual maps don't always feel fell constructed. You seem to get stuck on small bits of pavement or rocks on the ground and theres even some places where to go in the door way to a building you have to jump because the floor of the building is too high from the actual ground for you to just walk through the door way. Under no circumstance should a player have to jump just to walk through a door way and I've died plenty of times by getting stuck on such terrain elements that I should have gone straight over.

On ranked servers they should probably better balance teams too. I played a game yesterday where it was 8 or 9 on 2. Sure you don't want the game being upset by constant team swaps but at the same time having 4 - 5 times the man power is a bit silly an they could easily just have moved an entire squad over so the guys can continue to work together.

Infact it's a very rough game in almost all areas...far from perfect. None the less I'm still finding it a lot of fun and it's the only live game I'm yet to have gotten into.

Those were some good matches Habnad (Y) Congrats on the top player achievement too. I can't believe that guy on the boat lol.

I'll try get on later if I don't fall asleep :p

Those were some good matches Habnad (Y) Congrats on the top player achievement too. I can't believe that guy on the boat lol.

I'll try get on later if I don't fall asleep :p

Wow, I missed this post from you, but yeah that was a good time/good matches. (Y) Thanks man...I never thought I'd get that top player achievement. Now I'm working on the 50 knifes, then stopping so that "dogtag lag" doesnt screw me up. (was this game even tested before shipping??? :blink: ) I ended up crashing early anyway. Just wish that more people like that boat guy would show up in more matches. Reallll easy kills! ;)

I'm good to play for another hour or two after 6PMEST tonight if you're up for it. Then I have some cold beverages to put away. 97 degrees here and extremely humid. Need to cool off...LOL!

Wow, I missed this post from you, but yeah that was a good time/good matches. (Y) Thanks man...I never thought I'd get that top player achievement. Now I'm working on the 50 knifes, then stopping so that "dogtag lag" doesnt screw me up. (was this game even tested before shipping??? :blink: ) I ended up crashing early anyway. Just wish that more people like that boat guy would show up in more matches. Reallll easy kills! ;)

I'm good to play for another hour or two after 6PMEST tonight if you're up for it. Then I have some cold beverages to put away. 97 degrees here and extremely humid. Need to cool off...LOL!

Yeah I'll be on again later. I needed to take a break, my eyes & hands were starting to get sore. I'll have dinner and chill out then be on afterwards. I want rank 25 so bad lol! 3 more to go :woot:

Man that is hot weather, care to share some of it over this way :p

Belgarath, where are you at man? You moved on to better games or something? :laugh:

Nope :p was going to play last night but i conked out :( I should be on shortly if hands start working properly again :/