[Official] Diablo III

I was pretty young when Diablo II came out and became the rage that it still is for some people, so I never got to experience it. Lucky for me, I will have an awesome gaming rig this time around and be old enough to appreciate it.

I can't wait! :D

They should have waited 2 years to show this game, maybe it wouldn't look like ass then. So far this is Diablo 2 with polish.

What's wrong with how it looks? I'm pretty sure Blizzard wants a sh**load of people playing this, just like World of Warcraft. Not a game like Crysis where people sit around going,"Can you play this? I can't..."

However, the graphics aren't all bad. Much of what I would expect really. Either way, it's about the gameplay, not the graphics.

I was pretty young when Diablo II came out and became the rage that it still is for some people, so I never got to experience it. Lucky for me, I will have an awesome gaming rig this time around and be old enough to appreciate it.

I can't wait! :D

I'd still go out and play Diablo 2 at least if I were you. Great game. It doesn't have to be "the rage". ;)

watched about 8 mins of gameplay footage and to be honest nothing particularly exciting was shown in that 8 mins. I'd expect combat animations to be a bit more free flowing for instance, so hopefully that happens so swings flow better into the next.

As for the graphics...they are well done I guess but to me it just looks like WoW or SC2. Surely Blizzards art team is able to do something unique from game to game. I sorta feel Diablo deserves to be a lot more gritty than what is seen here, which is more cartoony IMHO. They don't look bad, they work, but it's not what I expected from a Diablo game and reminds me a lot more of something I'd see if I had the camera above my head while playing WoW.

That was the most jaw dropping cinematic I have seen to date :|

Never heard of this nor D2 but it is def on my radar now and I will surely check it out :D

Also it makes me happy that a lot of people wanted this and now they got it :)

I expected the trailer at E3 but this was awesome. The WoW addicts have something to move away to if they haven't already with Age of Conan.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA| egh... brbl... *explodes

*last intelligible words uttered*: Can't. Wait.

I guess I'll give this a go!

Never really played Diablo 2, but I like/liked WoW.

That was the most jaw dropping cinematic I have seen to date :|

Never heard of this nor D2 but it is def on my radar now and I will surely check it out :D

Also it makes me happy that a lot of people wanted this and now they got it :)

Blizzard is known for their kick-ass CG cinematics :D Heck, Diablo 2 is how many years old now? and still has some of the best cinematics I've ever seen.

Anyway, D3 can't come soon enough. That 20 minute gameplay vid was awesome. Can't wait to see the other classes. I have a feeling it'll be at least 2 years before we can play :( Although SC2 will keep me busy :)

This game is gonna be awesome judging by the gameplay video. So many new elements to genre, falling walls, monsters climbing the cliffs and attack you. The graphics looks smooth. I'm wondering when its going to be released? How far are they in the development of it?

AWESOME!!!

Diablo 2 most probably was my biggest time waster when I was a teenager.

They should have waited 2 years to show this game, maybe it wouldn't look like ass then. So far this is Diablo 2 with polish.

Diablo was never about uber visuals - it just limits their audience if they make it top end and spangly. There is far more depth to those graphics than I think most people are realising but i'm absolutely fine with the graphics just being nice and smooth and suitable for a broad range of machines.

If you want nice graphics, go play Crysis.

I do not understand how people can complain about the graphics :|

If the classes game play is anything to go by this game looks amazing and will be a complete riot to play.

But I guess there will always be the "OMG this Diablo 2.5" just like there was the "OMG HALO 2.5" :hmmm:

Check out the Team Blizzard video at Gamespot. You will see why they don't make good games with excellent graphics. They make excellent games with great graphics. As Mike said, the graphics don't matter much if the gameplay is a disaster.

I hope Blizzard in the future, is considering 3D change maybe for Diablo 4?

Though 2.5D Is fine, I think... as long as it can be zoomed in to see the details up close & animations & effect are just as Gorgeous as 3D...

Here is Halo Wars in 2.5 D. Maybe as a comparasion

Edited by JediXAngel

^ What you mean 2.5D? Those clearly are 3D models when it zooms in.

Great.

I just realized that Starcraft 2 + Diablo 3 = dangerous for school :rofl:

Must.... focus...