[Official] Diablo III

ZOMG!!! D3!!!

I could've sworn D3 would be a MMORPG based on WOW engine,...however, I'm very happy they've decided to stick with the original genre!

Still, I wonder what features will Blizzard bring to DIII from WOW. Item sets? Professions (transmute, enchant)?

<3 Blizzard. You finally started making some use of all the cash WOW brought you! SC2 first, now D3 woot!!!!

Diablo 2 did have item sets. In fact, I felt that the item sets and set bonuses were much more elaborate in D2 than they are in WoW. The only thing WoW added were fancy visuals like matching armor and glowy things.

As much as a Diablo MMO would be interesting, I would MUCH rather have Diablo 3. They had better include local LAN play in D3.

Yup, D3 needs to look gritty and dark, i don't think i will enjoy it as much if it doesn't keep that from the old games :(

Although saying it looks like WoW is exaggerating a bit much.

Yeah, I think the screenies from D3 look better than WoW.

I so wish they'd give WoW something like the D3 Witch Doctor... *sigh*

I find that all the graphics Blizzard produces across their universes are all the same now. Diablo 3 is about as colorful and caricatural as Warcraft 3, which is not far from World of Warcraft. The only reason Starcraft 2 looks different is that its theme is space and science-fiction, but that's where the differences stop. I'm a bit disappointed with the new look of Diablo, Diablo 1 and 2 had such a uniquely dark, horror-like visual atmosphere, and now they've pretty much lost it. It would just take a bit of post-process color tweaking, less blurring and more blood stains everywhere, as the Photoshop guy has shown.

Edited by Dr_Asik

To those of you complaining about the graphics: go back and play D2 and tell me why you enjoyed the game. Was it really the graphics, (that become outdated on even the shiniest of games 6-12 months after release) or the gameplay that kept you playing?
I mainly enjoyed Diablo 2 for the artistic value which was phenomenal. The graphics were technically dated but nonetheless extremely effective in conveying a sense of terror and utter despair; they were also filled with gory details, corpses hanging or bathing in blood, bats, rodents and other critters going around, etc. Then you had the phenomenal cinematics which I know by heart now. Diablo 2 had that coherent, serious setting where each part - graphics, story, music, cutscenes - fell in the right spot and that basically made the experience.

Sure, after 1 year it's all about the loot and the levelz0rs, but then I also got bored with the game altogether.

This is great. This D3 preview '0mg" thread has reached almost as many posts as the thread about Age of Conan.

Just goes to show you what an impact Diablo has had on us.

This is great. This D3 preview '0mg" thread has reached almost as many posts as the thread about Age of Conan.

Just goes to show you what an impact Diablo has had on us.

Yeah and just think of what it will look like in a week or two after Blizzard throws us a bone and reveals a tiny bit more about the game.

Haha, I loved it when people said I was nuts that Blizzard would make Diablo III now while they are doing Starcraft II. Eat it!

D3 is going to rule. Period. That 20 minute long gameplay video was amazing looking. Seriously.

I bet Diablo III will be released in 2010, and StarCraft II in 2009.

Let's suppose Blizzard took the MMO route on Diablo 3.

HC MMO.

Imagine that.

X)

They'd call it World of Diablo then :p

Fortunately, DIII can be played solo as previous Diablo games.

Quote - (D-a-k-a @ Jun 30 2008, 23:28) *

StarCraft II will be release:12/03/08

Source?

check in GameSpot.com i use it from more than 5 years this is the best web site for game

Edited by D-a-k-a

Quote - (D-a-k-a @ Jun 30 2008, 23:28) *

StarCraft II will be release:12/03/08

Source?

check in GameSpot.com i use it from more than 5 years this is the best web site for game

Gamespot the best gaming website? :x Yeah, right. You don't follow the news much, do you? Just give them blood (money :) ), and your game will end up in Editor's Choice. It is funny how they write good things and games end up with low numbers...

Back to the subject, Starcraft will (not 100% sure) not be released in 2008, because many interviews suggest that the game will be released in early/mid 2009.

ZOMG!!! D3!!!

I could've sworn D3 would be a MMORPG based on WOW engine,...however, I'm very happy they've decided to stick with the original genre!

Still, I wonder what features will Blizzard bring to DIII from WOW. Item sets? Professions (transmute, enchant)?

<3 Blizzard. You finally started making some use of all the cash WOW brought you! SC2 first, now D3 woot!!!!

D2 did have item sets. I doubt they'll put professions in the game because it would detract from the central theme of the Diablo games.

Haha, I loved it when people said I was nuts that Blizzard would make Diablo III now while they are doing Starcraft II. Eat it!

I believed you LOC! I never really saw any of your posts about D3 before this, but still! :p

D3 is going to rule. Period. That 20 minute long gameplay video was amazing looking. Seriously.

I totally agree. I am very excited from what I saw in the video. I can't wait!

Looking forward to this a lot and had a few discussions with a friend regarding the classes that we think will show up, bosses, drops....whatever really.

Really enjoying all the ideas and thoughts it sparks and will be interesting to see in how many cases I am right and how often I'll be suprised.

I am quite interested to see how the new health system will turn out with the potions dropping and being instantly devoured on pickup. Think I'll simply find it annoying at times as the old system worked...ok in my eyes and loosing control over it could be annoying. In some situations you simply want to have full control of when you want to heal, sometimes even feel prepared before a big fight (being a somewhat careful HC player at the end of my D2 days I prefered to have extra Rev. potions whenever something big was going down).

Also guessing it will work the same way with mana which will lead to a lot different tactics with the spellcasting classes.

But I trust Blizzard has a good idea of what they are doing and that things will feel "right" once you have gotten into it.

Looking forward to this a lot and had a few discussions with a friend regarding the classes that we think will show up, bosses, drops....whatever really.

Really enjoying all the ideas and thoughts it sparks and will be interesting to see in how many cases I am right and how often I'll be suprised.

I am quite interested to see how the new health system will turn out with the potions dropping and being instantly devoured on pickup. Think I'll simply find it annoying at times as the old system worked...ok in my eyes and loosing control over it could be annoying. In some situations you simply want to have full control of when you want to heal, sometimes even feel prepared before a big fight (being a somewhat careful HC player at the end of my D2 days I prefered to have extra Rev. potions whenever something big was going down).

Also guessing it will work the same way with mana which will lead to a lot different tactics with the spellcasting classes.

But I trust Blizzard has a good idea of what they are doing and that things will feel "right" once you have gotten into it.

extra points for an icon of tegan.

I saw this on Sat when it was announced and I though I was dreaming. I've been playing Diablo since the first one came out. Been hooked. Tried a few other games and always came back to D or D2. I'm so pumped for this to come out.

You know, the trailers make the game look really appealing, but everytime I play an RPG like this I get bored in seconds... I really wish I liked RPGs, because Diablo III looks like it'd be awesome.