[Official] Diablo III

diablo2 was great but i continue to prefer Diablo 1, for me the darker environments in pair with "darker" background music was what were great and i really missed in Diablo 2 (i confess that after a while i only could play Diablo2 having the Diablo 1 sound in the background)

has of Diablo 3 if they make the dungens Diablo 1 style (darker, scary, etc etc) i'm sold :D

for the ones that say that diablo 3 has poor graphics my post probably scared you for me preferring diablo 1, with that graphics you probably think i'm crazy but go play it, in the end like all of us "old guys" you will see it like you probably see today crysis :p

diablo 1 scared me but diablo 2 did not

The most things that I could remember from Diablo 1:

- It taught me to point and click with a mouse

- "Stay a while and listen..."

- The succubus' death groaning "Ahh" or something

I was in the closed beta for Diablo 2. I played the first act so much that I ended up hating the game. I haven't played the rest of D2. I'm going to install it later today and see what I missed. :D

I love Blizzard because they take their time and accomplish great games, instead of just rushing out junk.

my major concern is the hue saturation everywhere. why would a room, lit with candles, have a green hue'ish glow and no red or orange light anywhere?

from the D2 forums

itshouldrh5.jpg

some more here http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=668027

When they first released the SC2 screenshots they got a huge backlash from the community about the cartoonish looks and reduced the color saturation, and it looks like they are going to get another one from the D2 community. hopefully they'll listen to the community like they did with SC2

this is a game about Diablo and deamons and hell. it should be dark, firey and bloody not random happy blue / green glowy walls everywhere

I think how the game looks in the gameplay video is great. I don't want it to be grainy like D2. I definitely don' t like the "how it should look" images

While I must say that the graphics are rather "nice" (appropriate,) some things are off.

Diablo 3 should be grittier. A bit more like the original Diablo than Diablo 2.

The gameplay looks a bit more gauntlet-ish now, just because of the "block!" that pops up everytime the barb hit the skeletons' shields, and those life-orb things.

I think how the game looks in the gameplay video is great. I don't want it to be grainy like D2. I definitely don' t like the "how it should look" images

i dont like them either, i prefer the original ones

Same old 'hack & slash' crap but with better graphics.........I can't wait! :rolleyes:

Which is exactly what Diablo and Diablo 2 were. Your point posting here was what again..?

Which is exactly what Diablo and Diablo 2 were. Your point posting here was what again..?

ahahah yea

While I must say that the graphics are rather "nice" (appropriate,) some things are off.

Diablo 3 should be grittier. A bit more like the original Diablo than Diablo 2.

The gameplay looks a bit more gauntlet-ish now, just because of the "block!" that pops up everytime the barb hit the skeletons' shields, and those life-orb things.

I completely agree. The screens for D3 right now looks very...WoW-ish. The pick of how it looks and how it should look is perfect. The darker, grittier look is what Diablo is all about.