[Official] Diablo III

Right now, it just looks like a darker version of World of Warcraft.

It looks better than World of Warcraft!

I think it kinda looks like starcraft 2

almost looks like the same engine

with stuff blowing off enemies and peices falling off the wall (pysics) looks like starcraft 2 physics

of course both games made by same company

just they kinda look similar in a way

The graphics are fine ffs!! If you want visual bling, go play Crysis! Diablo was never about having the best graphics. RPG's are not the realm of hardcore gamers, and only hardcore gamers want to splash out hundreds of dollars on the latest and greatest graphics cards.

Sheesh.

I think the visual style and color schemes that were shown off in the gameplay trailer are fine. The "how it should look" pictures look good too. But honestly, it doesn't matter what the final product looks like (whether it's the vibrant colors or the grittier ones), I'll still be playing the game no matter what. Blizzard knows what they're doing, so I'm not worried at all.

Diablo III is coming? Time to get into shape...

http://fun.from.hell.pl/2003-11-24/bubblewrap.swf

Haha, that is awesome. Made my day.

The graphics are fine ffs!! If you want visual bling, go play Crysis! Diablo was never about having the best graphics. RPG's are not the realm of hardcore gamers, and only hardcore gamers want to splash out hundreds of dollars on the latest and greatest graphics cards.

Sheesh.

Some people just don't understand the attraction of games such as Diablo and Diablo II. From day one, it has never been about the graphics but about the story and the amount of immersion it gives you as you play the game more. I have always like Blizzard, mainly because they make games that attract a lot of people, not only those who have high end computers, but those with low end ones as well. With Diablo III, I know I can play the game on my notebook even if it is 2 years old, my brothers notebook might struggle a bit but I think it can, even though it's 5 years old.

Games such as Crysis are nice to look at, but I doubt anyone will be talking about it 10 years from now, compared to Diablo.

Scirwode

fhuigtoraeyvbuietvuiere CAN'T WAIT!! IM CHARGIN MY LAZER!!

Diablo is now a Hydra, or that's not Diablo?

For what I heard, D3 isn't project Hydra. The project is a new MMORPG.

Starcraft 2 + Diablo 2 = Fail studies increase a lot. Must.... resist....

Blizzard is the saver of PC gaming, if they didn't existed, PC gaming could be already dead. I don't know a single game from Blizzard that doesn't suck (besides SC for N64...)

Edited by yottabytewizard

fhuigtoraeyvbuietvuiere CAN'T WAIT!! IM CHARGIN MY LAZER!!

For what I heard, D3 isn't project Hydra. The project is a new MMORPG.

Starcraft 2 + Diablo 2 = Fail studies increase a lot. Must.... resist....

Blizzard is the saver of PC gaming, if they didn't existed, PC gaming could be already dead. I don't know a single game from Blizzard that doesn't suck (besides SC for N64...)

I think he is talking about how in the teaser its eems that Diablo has multiple heads or faces.

Man this looks good. I can't believe it took until this morning for me to find out about it. What the heck! No front page news?? At least in the gamer section? Everyone on vacation? :)

My two questions....

1. When will it be released?

2. Will it support alternate user input types? OMG....my hand hurt so bad playing the Diablo series...too much click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click clickclick click clickclick click clickclick click clickclick click clickclick click clickclick click click....

Lets not forget the other (yes, this one also cares much about PC gaming), Valve. They with Blizzard are probably the only ones left (maybe others exist, but they don't act as much as these two) caring about the PC gaming (and the pro-gaming... Microsoft also does).

EDIT: About the release date... Possibly when it is done. Just like any other Blizzard game. (My guess is mid/late 2009 or early 2010)

I am SO GLAD they kept the isometric perspective. I think it was one of the major things that made the Diablo series. The fast combat, random dungeons, random items, random enemies, class variety, and local LAN play are what really made the game for me.

To those of you complaining about the graphics: go back and play D2 and tell me why you enjoyed the game. Was it really the graphics, (that become outdated on even the shiniest of games 6-12 months after release) or the gameplay that kept you playing?

I am really impressed by the bloody explosions and flying bodies. I can't wait to see more. Especially the other 3 classes.

I still play Diablo 2 on occasion. And I hardly played the first after the second was released. D2 was so much better there was no reason to play the old one. I really hope the same comes true for the release of D3.

The biggest thing concerning me right now is the Witch Doctor class. I really, really enjoyed the "summon specced" Necromancer, and it appears the Witch Doctor might be replacing him. I really hope that they are not shifting the class' reliance from summons and curses to damage spells.

ZOMG!!! D3!!!

I could've sworn D3 would be a MMORPG based on WOW engine,...however, I'm very happy they've decided to stick with the original genre!

Still, I wonder what features will Blizzard bring to DIII from WOW. Item sets? Professions (transmute, enchant)?

<3 Blizzard. You finally started making some use of all the cash WOW brought you! SC2 first, now D3 woot!!!!

It would be nice to see a more streamlined control interface compared to Diablo II. Diablo II was pretty good already, but it could use some improvement.

OMG, release date?

Soon

Copyright 2004-2008 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon

:rofl:

Man this looks good. I can't believe it took until this morning for me to find out about it. What the heck! No front page news?? At least in the gamer section? Everyone on vacation? :)

My two questions....

1. When will it be released?

2. Will it support alternate user input types? OMG....my hand hurt so bad playing the Diablo series...too much click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click clickclick click clickclick click clickclick click clickclick click clickclick click clickclick click click....

1. When it is done.

2. In Diablo II, you could just click and hold on a badie instead of click click click.

I'm a great fan of the Diablo series but, if it turns out to be a MMORPG, you can take me out as a customer. Other than that, the graphics are amazing, the skills look great, it looks like all I've been fantasying for a while came out in a single package, Diablo 3.

I'm a great fan of the Diablo series but, if it turns out to be a MMORPG, you can take me out as a customer. Other than that, the graphics are amazing, the skills look great, it looks like all I've been fantasying for a while came out in a single package, Diablo 3.

Its not.

D3 will be using Battle.net, which is a good thing to hear. It would suck big time if Blizzard decided to make it subscription based like WoW.

D3 will be using Battle.net, which is a good thing to hear. It would suck big time if Blizzard decided to make it subscription based like WoW.

agreed. I can't wait for this to come out. :D

Yup, D3 needs to look gritty and dark, i don't think i will enjoy it as much if it doesn't keep that from the old games :(

Although saying it looks like WoW is exaggerating a bit much.