PS3 Update 2.4 Out Now! - Tutorial videos Inside

Your all just as annoying as each other, someone moans, then someone moans about someone moaning, then they moan that they moaned about them.

Its a never ending circle with you guys.

And I do love some of the Sigs around here, just asking for people to rant at them, nice way of attention seeking.

yeah well, it's part of the "freedom of speech" stuff.

and in regards to the sigs.. I find them pretty entertaining most of the time - haha

Not gonna read 11 pages of bullcrap - what did I miss? :p

Are there anything more besides google search, in-game xmb and trophies?

you're missing the added clock to the XMB and posible voice chat (if you look back at page 5 (?) to the shots of the trophie comparison screen AudioBoxer posted, you can sort of see something that hints at it)

but yeah.. you should read thep ast 12 pages... some pretty amuzing arguments amoung the usual suspects - haha :p

hhmm... not true.

I in remember 'Brave Fencer: Mushachi' you could remove the disk at any point in the game with no problems. The issue would be when it had to load the next screen... THEN it would crash :p

AFAIK, the 'loading' screen on the PS1 was when the console moved a chunk of data from the disk to the consoles memory. that's why you could remove some the disk w/o any issues at time

Yeah already tested it for myself. As soon as the PS1 needs more data from the disk it crashes, and not all games support the custom sound tracks. Pretty useless (N)

Yeah already tested it for myself. As soon as the PS1 needs more data from the disk it crashes, and not all games support the custom sound tracks. Pretty useless (N)

Something tells me it's not an official feature of the PSOne so it's bound to be useless if it only lasts for a set period of time.

Something tells me it's not an official feature of the PSOne so it's bound to be useless if it only lasts for a set period of time.

Glad we have that sorted then :)

after reading all 12 pages in this topic.. I must say that I really do like the community <3

yeah.. I never read of it being official anywhere either. it was just something my friends and I came across while in highschool.

Note that the in-game XMB access only works for PlayStation 3 titles (both downloadable and disc-based games). You can't do this stuff while playing a PSone or PS2 game, nor while watching a movie.

wait.. but this feature is there NOW.. isn't it...? I'm 100% sure I've flipped around the XMB while watching Naruto or The Office

It's technically not a major issue and just requires that you hit Start before the PS button, but it's certainly worth noting as you can't use it to essentially pause cutscenes that otherwise wouldn't allow it.

but if you bring up the old in-game menu.. that does in fact pause the game. So yeah, not a big deal at all

Super Stardust HD will be the first game to be patched and offer Trophy support. Sony is planning on releasing the patch within hours of 2.40 hitting the wire, so it won't take long for players to be able to start filling up their collection. Warhawk and Pain will also get updates at some point in the future, with numerous other titles on the TBD list.

well, I now have a reason to buy Super Startdust HD and start playing Warhawk again - haha

At the bottom of someone's profile page, you'll find icons for performing one of three tasks -- you can send them a message, start a voice chat, or, best of all, compare your Trophies.

So this means that voice chat is now official on FW 2.4, correct? Not something I really felt we needed, but I guess it's nice to have. Now if we get VIDEO chat.. maybe that would give me an excuse to buy a PSEye :p

For instance, a web-based interface for viewing your Trophies is in the works

I can see the signatures and code to scrape these site now :yes:

You can video chat, and no you can't bring up the XMB when watching a Blu Ray movie or DVD only when streaming/playing avis/divx etc from the HDD

So from what I saw in the video GT5: Prologue has a patch that enables in-game music right?

Because you need a patch to play music in gameplay, and I doubt GT5P already has that patch...

So from what I saw in the video GT5: Prologue has a patch that enables in-game music right?

Because you need a patch to play music in gameplay, and I doubt GT5P already has that patch...

It was PixelJunk Monsters that had the custom music, not GT5P. I expect that to be compatible, as most of the games will be.

With the release of this imminent, I expect hoards of updates to follow in the not too distant future allowing for custom soundtracks.

I wonder how long it will be before GTA gets its patch.

Rumour: 70% of released games are compatible with trophy system?

70% of Playstation 3 games that are already released will be compatible with Sony?s answer to Xbox Live?s Achievement system, Trophies.

The July issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK states that:

?PlayStation 3 achievements - called ?trophies? - will be unveiled soon (this bit we already know, but here?s the interesting bit), and 70% of games will already be compatible.?

This could be true because apparently it only takes developers half a days work to implement the trophy system into their games.

What games do you hope that will support Trohpies?

Grand Theft Auto IV

Uncharted Drakes Fortune

Metal Gear Solid 4

Source: http://talkplaystation.com/70-of-released-...-trophy-system/[Rumor: Firmware 2.40 - Minor Messaging Improvementsprovements

With all these big new exciting features coming, sometimes it?s important to know the small things which you don?t know about. One of our insider sources has informed us that the message size limit has increased significantly - meaning you can send larger files via attachments to your friends. Another improvement is that there is an increase in the amount of messages you can hold before they have to be deleted. Both of these features may be useful for people who constantly send messages between people via PSN.

Firmware 2.40 will hit PS3s worldwide July 2nd.

Source: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/06/30...-larger-photos/

Actually, what I'd like to request is the copying of files from external devices that are accessed via 'View All' (they are greyed out at the moment). Also, better ID3 tag support and the ability to edit tags/information of files on external devices.

after this update... all I'd like to see is support for more than just FAT32 file system.

did too! :ninja:

the ability was there for some games.. but it was not official.

just like how the P4's with a Prescott core could double as a space heater...it was not official, but it did keep my room nice and toaster in the winter :p

All the consoles make good doorstops but you never find that written on the back of the box either, and if that's not a feature, I don't know what is! :p

Though I have to say, I don't want to go play some games in case a patch is released soon and I have to end up doing everything again.

Which is somewhat of an annoyance.

I doubt you'd have to start a new save file, rather just fulfill requirements. Although doing another Big Boss Emblem run could be traumatic for some. :)

If people have to go through MGS4 again to get the trophies, I just know the people who went through for the Big Boss emblem but want the trophies of the emblem, if there is one, aren't going to be happy, lol.

Edited by Corris

They are working on a FAQ for FW 2.40 that goes into more detail about it. Its coming soon.

We're just putting the finishing touches on the FW 2.40 FAQ. Look for it within the hour!

12 minutes ago from web

Source: http://twitter.com/SonyPlaystation/statuses/847173652

Also saw this on GAF:

There are other messaging type things coming (clan/groups)... not sure if they made it into 2.40 though.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...;postcount=1843

It was posted by Jim who is a admin there and he posts news at http://gaming-age.com/

w00t! :D

They are working on a FAQ for FW 2.40 that goes into more detail about it. Its coming soon.

Source: http://twitter.com/SonyPlaystation/statuses/847173652

Awesome.

Hopefully it will explain a few questions people have.

I am a little disappointed that there is no in-game XMB for PS1 titles, I like to play the older RPG's and it would of been nice for the extras, but all is well, I am happy with what we will have which can only lead to mroe improvements.

I expect in-game voice chat to appear eventually aswell.

It was posted by Jim who is a admin there and he posts news at http://gaming-age.com/

w00t! :D

Does he mean put friends into groups?

if he does, Awesome!

I have been wanting to stick people in groups since the beginning.

At least we know if it isn't in this update it will be in one soon. :D

It actually signs you out of the PSN when you are playing PS1/2 games so I suppose you could argue that you won't need it.

It actually signs you out of the PSN when you are playing PS1/2 games so I suppose you could argue that you won't need it.

Well it might for Ps2 games, but I have been playing FF7 for quite a bit over the last few days and when I do load it up then quit all my friends are still there all loaded with display pictures.

And I'm pretty sure I have received messages while playing too.

Couldn't say for Ps2 games though, got a 40gb here, lol.

I'm guessing that means the update should come this Thursday... Sweet :)

I was under the impression it was still 3 weeks away? :unsure:

Anyway, I have to admit I've lost interest in 2.4 now, the trophy idea is cool but since none of my games support it I'm in no rush to try it out and the in-game XMB, while a welcome addition is hardly anything to be excited about (for me) as the current way it is done suited me fine. I'm sure it will be great once it's out for a bit and more games support it though.

I was under the impression it was still 3 weeks away? :unsure:

It's out on wednesday, I'm sure you read that in post 1 or the topic title?

Plus 3rd party trophy support has not been announced. Sony haven only addressed 1st party.