Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+Audioboxer

5-2!

Damn Fergie tore them a new one at half time.

Damo R.

Yeah I bet, the first half was shocking!

Martyn

Spurs are a bunch of bottlers, they should have carried on playing the same game they did in the first half.

sundayx

0-1 :huh:

0-2 :o

1-2 :mobile:

2-2 :)

3-2 :D

4-2 :laugh:

5-2 :rolleyes:

aaaaaaand that's how the cookie crumbles.

Mike
You may, but I don't. Offside is offside, whether it is buy 6 inches or 6 yards. The fact is, some Arsenal fans are claiming that the officials got it wrong to disallow the goal, and I am trying to show that they didn't. The margin he is offside by is irrelevant, if he is offside than the officials where correct to disallow the goal.

While true, they wouldn't be wrong to allow it either imo. When it requires a video to be paused and an individual frame to be picked out then the officials can't get it wrong as it's too hard to call.

As for us vs spurs, when will spurs learn that leading against us at half time just doesn't work for them :p

Damo R.

It was quite the epic come back!

Martyn
While true, they wouldn't be wrong to allow it either imo. When it requires a video to be paused and an individual frame to be picked out then the officials can't get it wrong as it's too hard to call.

I agree with you there, if it was given the other way I wouldn't have argued it was offside. You expect those decisions to be given either way, some go against you, and others don't.

Decisions like that are so hard for the linesman, my only arguments are when something is 'clearly' offside.

BigGiantHead

What once was lost, now is found.

Finally, United make an appearance. Where were they all season long??

Credit to Spurs, they played really well in the first half.

Subject Delta
Adebayor. :p

I didnt know offside is measured by the furthest part of the body. I always thought only legs count.

No, anything you can legitimately play the ball with, so basically anything apart from your arms

As for us vs spurs, when will spurs learn that leading against us at half time just doesn't work for them :p

Yes I agree, just don't agree with Arsenal fans' assessment that they where robbed because of a decision that is debatable at best.

As for today... The legendary united luck kicked in once again, I think 5-2 flatters them a bit. Shame really that so many of their opponents just roll over and die when they're in with a chance of winning. That result IMO probably hands united the title now. Disappointing but I am proud of Liverpool, they have still had a good season. If we can become more potent against the smaller teams in front of goal next year, we will be a massive threat to MU and Chelsea. All the best to Arsenal in the Champions League, I hope they turn united over! :D

ViZioN
0-1 :huh:

0-2 :o

1-2 :mobile:

2-2 :)

3-2 :D

4-2 :laugh:

5-2 :rolleyes:

aaaaaaand that's how the cookie crumbles.

Pretty much sums it up :D

Awesome second half!

Green_Eye

wow Noble way to botch the penalty :/

United slaughtered Spurs :|

Martyn
Howard Webb hands Man Utd the title.

Fixed it for you ;)

nothuman

What an epic come-back. Good game boys. Arsenal are next.

JoeC

@Martyn, sure they had a break with the penalty, but going on to score 4 more isn't straightforward :p It helped, and had a big impact on the game, but props to them for putting it away.

Kralik

I love Arshavin!! He is such a great player and such an amazing team player.. he always plays for his team.. this has happened so many times now that he was in places where he could've scored goals but if he sees someone else can score more easily.. he passes to them instead of going for his goals.. Amazing team player!! Unselfish.. and he showed the same today.. I rem how he asked the players to stop celebrating and run back to the middle with the ball and focus on winning the game when we drew 1-1 with Hull in FA Cup Q-Finals..

Oh and mad props to Captain Fab for his brace :p

Boro and Toon sinking it seems?

Its just a pity we cant play Arshavin in UCL.. but its smth we knew when we got him and we are an English FC (not Spanish or Italian) so no complaints.. rules are rules. Oh well Man Utd's going down next?

Edited by Kralik
Kralik
Spurs are a bunch of bottlers, they should have carried on playing the same game they did in the first half.

Well that's good 'ol 'Arry for ya..

Martyn
@Martyn, sure they had a break with the penalty, but going on to score 4 more isn't straightforward :p It helped, and had a big impact on the game, but props to them for putting it away.

I know scoring four goals after the penalty is no 'easy' thing to do.

A lot of people (so it is not just the Scouse bias this time around ;)), think that the penalty decision totally changed the outcome of the game. Before the penalty, Spurs were playing well and keeping the ball, and then as soon plastic man scored the penalty Man Utd were given a huge boost and the impetus to go on and win the game, whilst Spurs were left deflated.

As soon as that penalty was scored, it was virtually written that Man Utd would win.

Kralik
I know scoring four goals after the penalty is no 'easy' thing to do.

A lot of people (so it is not just the Scouse bias this time around ;)), think that the penalty decision totally changed the outcome of the game. Before the penalty, Spurs were playing well and keeping the ball, and then as soon plastic man scored the penalty Man Utd were given a huge boost and the impetus to go on and win the game, whilst Spurs were left deflated.

As soon as that penalty was scored, it was virtually written that Man Utd would win.

Thats a pretty accurate commentary of what happened.. I agree

The power of one goal cannot be denied.. I rem so many games where teams scoring first get the momentum going or teams losing the game.. score one goal and then opponents cannot do anything abt the next goal..

As far as the decision goes.. it was dodgy to my eye.. 50-50

JoeC

Not dodgy, definitely not a penalty. I quite enjoy seeing Man U winning because they're good to watch (normally) and score some great goals, same goes for Arsenal. But no question the keeper got the ball, just a shame he took the man and the penalty was given :/

Martyn

Looks like we have an admirer...

Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin has revealed his admiration for Liverpool's fans following his four-goal salvo at Anfield.

The ?15 million signing from Zenit St Petersburg ran riot on Merseyside last Tuesday, scoring all four of the Gunners' goals in a thrilling 4-4 draw that severely dented the Reds' hopes of usurping Manchester United at the top of the Premier League table.

However, the Russian - who has now netted six goals in nine league outings since arriving at the beginning of February - has revealed how imposing he found it playing in front of the vociferous Anfield support.

?It was a good performance by both teams and I said after the game that it was typical English football, with a high tempo, good skill, good chances and an amazing atmosphere at Anfield," he said in the Gunners' programme notes ahead of Sunday's league meeting with Middlesbrough.

?I must say that with the crowd there, it?s like you?re 11 men playing against one big family.

?It?s not like their supporters have just come to watch the team, it?s as if you are playing them as well!?

Kralik

Oh dear.. not a lot of time left for New Castle to do something about avoiding relegation :omg:

They must win this match coz Liverpool's next for them..

Damo R.

0-0 :o

This would be the biggest relegation in EPL history? I mean us going down was massive :rofl: but this is bigger!

Subject Delta

Newcastle are in serious trouble. IMO they just don't carry the goal threat to survive at the moment, I feel it will be a minor miracle if they stay up. Leeds UTD declined in a similar way to Newcastle, and now they are nowhere, I seriously hope that doesn't happen as it would be sad for Newcastle to fall from grace.

Kralik
0-0 :o

This would be the biggest relegation in EPL history? I mean us going down was massive :rofl: but this is bigger!

To me biggest relegation ever was Leeds Utd coz at the time they had a great squad and after being relegated they kept on slipping and I feel if New Castle is relegated the same can happen now to them.. i.e. League 1 or 2 in a couple of years time..

This will be HUGE!!

Edited by Kralik