Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the Barclays Premier League 2008/09 (select 3)?

• Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Middlesbrough
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • West Bromwich Albian
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Benjani
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Other

Would you rather me say: "I feel like rolling my eyes at that post, so there!?". Sorry, I'd rather use the emotes that are there for that reason.

News flash dude, I've argued/had great convos with Liverpool/football fans for years on this forum. I don't have to say anything to you.

I don't see the need for the smug arrogant attitude at all (dare I say it, typical Chelsea fan). I made a post stating that Liverpool had a bad match and where probably out of the title race. Care to actually tell me what was wrong with the post, or would you rather just carry on being smug? See the thing is to have a great "convo" you actually have to enter something conversational, not just a stupid eye rolling smiley. Usually when other people disagree with each other's opinions they give reasons. Also, there are fans of a lot of other teams posting in this thread and I have been reasonable with most of them, so what exactly is your problem?

What are the chances of West Ham actually finishing in top 7 or higher?

Have been swamped with work and other stuff and have really not been able to keep up with most of their games etc.

What are the chances of West Ham actually finishing in top 7 or higher?

Have been swamped with work and other stuff and have really not been able to keep up with most of their games etc.

Coming from a minority (there's not many west ham fans that post here :laugh:) I believe we can if we focus but we got Chelsea at the weekend but we can beat them, we used to have a great record against them pre roman era.

Liverpool should be grateful for the draw after all. I just saw the highlights, and the goal ruled offside by Fabregas after Liverpool scored the 4th was, as far as I'm concerned, not offside. He was just about onside when Walcott released the ball.

Robbed by the officials again.

Liverpool should be grateful for the draw after all. I just saw the highlights, and the goal ruled offside by Fabregas after Liverpool scored the 4th was, as far as I'm concerned, not offside. He was just about onside when Walcott released the ball.

I don't agree with this. If you watched the game, then you would have seen that we absolutely battered you lot for 90 minutes.

Arsenal were not robbed, and Liverpool should hardly be grateful for the draw.

If anything, justice was evened out because Arsenal's first goal had a strong hint of offside about it. Granted Arsenal gave us a good game and deserve some credit, but really Arsenal have individual mistakes from Liverpool players to thank for the fact they came away from Anfield with anything. And really I seriously doubt Liverpool will be greatful for a draw when we need all the points we can get to have any chance in hell of catching United. Arsenal in reality have less to lose, as it is practically impossible for them to win the title and equally unlikely that they will be wrestled out of 4th place.

If anything, justice was evened out because Arsenal's first goal had a strong hint of offside about it.

They paused the clip and it was clearly not offside. Speaking of individual mistakes, you could say the same about your goals :) We just gave away to ball way too easily for way too many times in the penalty box.

Deserved draw because defense was awful on both sides! :p

Coming from a minority (there's not many west ham fans that post here :laugh:) I believe we can if we focus but we got Chelsea at the weekend but we can beat them, we used to have a great record against them pre roman era.

Rappy is a fellow Hammer :D

That's good to hear that we still have a chance. How are our players conditions? Behrami is still off for donkeys years right? :(

Rappy is a fellow Hammer :D

That's good to hear that we still have a chance. How are our players conditions? Behrami is still off for donkeys years right? :(

Yeah he is out for Season still, Carlton Cole I think is still out and so is Ashton infact when did Ashton last play :rofl:

I don't agree with this. If you watched the game, then you would have seen that we absolutely battered you lot for 90 minutes.

Arsenal were not robbed, and Liverpool should hardly be grateful for the draw.

That's not what I meant. I didn't get to watch the match, and I'm not denying you guys were the dominant side over 90 minutes, but whatever chances Liverpool had, they failed to put them away; we scored one legit goal and it was not given. Plus from what I've heard, Bendtner also scored one supposedly good goal, it too was not given.

If anything, justice was evened out because Arsenal's first goal had a strong hint of offside about it. Granted Arsenal gave us a good game and deserve some credit, but really Arsenal have individual mistakes from Liverpool players to thank for the fact they came away from Anfield with anything. And really I seriously doubt Liverpool will be greatful for a draw when we need all the points we can get to have any chance in hell of catching United. Arsenal in reality have less to lose, as it is practically impossible for them to win the title and equally unlikely that they will be wrestled out of 4th place.

The first goal was definitely onside.

I would rather have Liverpool take the title than MU, but I would still take a win over you guys any day. :p

edit: I took a screenshot from the highlights. It's not 100% conclusive because of the quality of the video, but it does seem Fabregas was just about onside.

post-63066-1240499927_thumb.png

It looks slightly offside to me that mate. It does depend on how you interpret the offside rule with the whole 'daylight' issue.

It could have been given either way though.

That's not what I meant. I didn't get to watch the match, and I'm not denying you guys were the dominant side over 90 minutes, but whatever chances Liverpool had, they failed to put them away; we scored one legit goal and it was not given. Plus from what I've heard, Bendtner also scored one supposedly good goal, it too was not given.

The first goal was definitely onside.

I would rather have Liverpool take the title than MU, but I would still take a win over you guys any day. :p

edit: I took a screenshot from the highlights. It's not 100% conclusive because of the quality of the video, but it does seem Fabregas was just about onside.

I disagree with your assessment of that. If any part of a player's body is further forward than the last defender he is deemed to be offside, and from that screenshot you have put up Fabregas looks off to me under the strictest letter of the rule. Also, you have drawn that line at the very back of the Arsenal player's heels, but in fact it actually goes by what part of their body with which they can legitimately play the ball is furthest foward.

I know that is somewhat semantics, but my judgement would be that the letter of the rules says that he is offside.

Yeah he is out for Season still, Carlton Cole I think is still out and so is Ashton infact when did Ashton last play :rofl:

Ashton is a phantom player lol we need to focus on what we actually have available and by the looks of it we don't have much!

The Bendtner goal that was disallowed:

offsideblv.jpg

Redline, the furthest part of the Liverpool player that could legitimately play the ball, his shoulder. Yellow line Bendtner's knee (furthest part of his body with which he could play the ball). A close one, and admittedly a very marginal call, but I think again the letter of the law says he's offside so I wouldn't call that decision unjust

Ashton is a phantom player lol we need to focus on what we actually have available and by the looks of it we don't have much!

We have Sears who is quite good but very unexperienced...atm Zola is playing Tristan up front alongside Di Michele which is working well but both are way over 30 :rofl:

It's all very well showing lines for offside, but its the linesman that calls it at that time. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. I think we care most about those blatant offsides where you can park a ship between the attacker and last defender.

You may, but I don't. Offside is offside, whether it is buy 6 inches or 6 yards. The fact is, some Arsenal fans are claiming that the officials got it wrong to disallow the goal, and I am trying to show that they didn't. The margin he is offside by is irrelevant, if he is offside than the officials where correct to disallow the goal.

We have Sears who is quite good but very unexperienced...atm Zola is playing Tristan up front alongside Di Michele which is working well but both are way over 30 :rofl:

Yeah we have the unexeperienced youngsters and then on the extreme end we have the experienced dinosaurs lol

Although fortunately we do have a quite promising defense and that's even without Upson. Ilunga a player I initially grew to dislike because during a game against Liverpool a few months ago the guy was clearly SO guilty of handball like 7 times it was a joke. now few months down the line he is scoring goals and doing a fantastic job in defense (Y)

It's all very well showing lines for offside, but its the linesman that calls it at that time. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. I think we care most about those blatant offsides where you can park a ship between the attacker and last defender.

Adebayor. :p

I didnt know offside is measured by the furthest part of the body. I always thought only legs count.

Why did Cech turn up today :rofl: stupid Noble couldn't put the penalty past him :(

Utd need the great escape!

2-0 to Spuds after 35 mins.