A Heavy Update: Meet the Sandvich

2zoz0aw.jpg

The Sandvich is the Heavy’s first unlockable. It tastes as good as it looks and heals 120 health. Like in real life, the decision to eat a Sandvich must not be taken lightly; The Heavy is completely vulnerable during the four second eating process, and his loud, happy sounds of vigorous chewing will draw enemies like tiny ant cowards to a picnic. OF DEATH. On the bright side, the Heavy’s Sandvich supply is unlimited, so his only real concern is being caught short while enjoying this delicious edible device. The Sandvich is a great tool for a Heavy defending an area, as it gives him the ability to replenish health between enemy waves without having to abandon his post. Similarly, an offensive Heavy without a Medic can step back from the front line and grab a quick snack before resuming his rampage. Beware, however: the Heavy must set aside his shotgun to take the Sandvich, and enemy Snipers are much more dangerous for a Heavy wielding only a minigun.

Watch video here!

I'm not really sure I like the sandvich idea, but we'll see... I'm sorry, but if the backburner's additional 50 hp was going to draw complaints, this will draw even more.

sooo. the achievement "Kill someone with a sandwhich"... is that kill someone with urs, or kill another heavy who is eating his??? cause i dont see me killing anyone with something im supposed to be eating...

sooo. the achievement "Kill someone with a sandwhich"... is that kill someone with urs, or kill another heavy who is eating his??? cause i dont see me killing anyone with something im supposed to be eating...

There isn't a "Kill someone with a sandvich" achievement, there is however a "Eat 100 Sandviches" achievement.

And 2:30PM PDT = 10:30 BST.

I'm not really sure I like the sandvich idea, but we'll see... I'm sorry, but if the backburner's additional 50 hp was going to draw complaints, this will draw even more.

Yea, i wonder how long will it take for the unlimited supply to be changed into a number like three or four.

It doesn't take the heavies health any higher than normal though, plus it takes 4 seconds to eat.

In TF2 you're hardly ever really alone for long in the battlefield, someone's always fighting.

Risk/reward.

If you start eating and are seen, you're pretty much dead guaranteed.

With the Pyro though it was just

Reward/reward.

Couldn't disagree more. I can find spots for more than 4 seconds on any map. Guaranteed.

And it was not reward/reward. You took the risk of not being able to use the air blast anymore. And that's a BIG loss.

Couldn't disagree more. I can find spots for more than 4 seconds on any map. Guaranteed.

And it was not reward/reward. You took the risk of not being able to use the air blast anymore. And that's a BIG loss.

Not using the air blast is hardly a risk, did you forget the button that causes actual damage for the pyro is mouse button 1?

A risk is something which puts you in danger.

Not being able to move at all for 4 seconds is a risk.

Getting a free 50hp for doing nothing is not a risk.

And yeah, of course you can find spots to idle for 4 seconds, but you can bet most of the time they'll be hiding spots, not out in the open in the middle of enemy sight.

Not using the air blast is hardly a risk, did you forget the button that causes actual damage is mouse button 1?

A risk is something which puts you in danger.

Not being able to move at for 4 seconds is a risk.

Getting a free 50hp for doing nothing is not a risk.

The risk for the pyro is being a pyro, you have to get up close to kill. The air blast does help if you face a soldier or any ubered pair.

And yeah, of course you can find spots to idle for 4 seconds, but you can bet most of the time they'll be hiding spots, not out in the open in the middle of enemy sight.

Well yea if you eat your sandvich in the open then well you deserve what you get.

UPDATE RELEASED... START TF2

August 19, 2008 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released (8/19/2008)

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Added 3 Heavy unlockables

Natascha, The Sandvich, The Killing Gloves of Boxing

Added 35 new Heavy achievements

Added Arena game mode

5 arenas: Lumberyard, Ravine, Well, Granary, Badlands

Added cp_steel, a community map by Jamie "Fishbus" Manson

Changes

Added server map timeleft to upper right of scoreboard

Added new firing sounds to The Backburner

Removed the Custom Tab in the serverbrowser, and added the Tags field to the base Internet Tab

Increased The Kritzkrieg's uber-charge rate bonus from 10% to 25%

32 player servers can now support an extra slot of SourceTV

Made the freezecam item panel description easier to read

Players now broadcast whether they chose a team directly or use autoteam

Added proper handling of cart blocking recognition to Payload maps

Bug fixes

Fixed bug where switching from flaregun-wielding Pyro to another class meant you didn't get a full ammo loadout on first spawn

Fixed Spy watch arm not using team skins

Fixed weapon switching preventing you from using secondary attacks for a 0.2s window after the primary became available

Fixed players getting stuck in a bad animation state when class switching while spinning the minigun

Fixed a loophole that allowed players to pickup weapons of other classes

Fixed a bug that resulted in players earning more crit chance bonus in large, single damage events than they are supposed to

Fixed an issue with the floating HUD +X health indicators that resulted in them appearing incorrectly

Fixed a bug which caused the minigun spinning & firing sounds to occasionally stop while the Heavy was still firing

Fixes the Loadout player model panel causing the in-game player facial animation to perform incorrectly

Fixed spectators not having the target ID labels display correctly

Fixed the cart alarm sound occasionally getting stuck on in Payload maps

The risk for the pyro is being a pyro, you have to get up close to kill. The air blast does help if you face a soldier or any ubered pair.

Well yea if you eat your sandvich in the open then well you deserve what you get.

By that logic, every character is a risk to be. You've always got a class countering your skills.

And my point with the second part was that its not like you're going to see heavies recharge their health whilst capturing a control point. The times you'll be using the sandvich will be when you've ran away from danger and/or are hiding.