• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Is Anyone Here Who Uses Their Mac to Run Windows Only?

How Many People Here Use They Mac's To Run Windows Only?  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Esmandau    0

I wanna now if there are people who uses they mac's to run windows most than os x.? i know some friends who like windows and buy a mac because windows vista the best to run it is on a mac (ironic right?) but that was what the benchmarks test say's....

how many of you?

CPressland    176

Never ever ever! When I get my iMac in the next couple of months i'll be running Windows XP/Vista on it specifically for one game, the rest of the time, it'll be either Running OS X or Running a Linux Distro...

Maybe some 3D Rendering on 3D Studio Max as well

tomwarren    68

Why would you wanna do that :s

Laura    147

I have an install of XP, but OS X is my primary OS; it's the main reason I bought the thing.

I find it hard to believe that Macs are better for running Windows, but I guess others on here would know better? I have a Macbook; I'm sure I could have got a faster machine for the same money if I wanted to be Windows only.

Edited by Persephone

ljames28    0

I bought a Macbook exclusively to run Vista, i have Mac still install but i've only used it a max of 5 times in the year and a half ive had the macbook. At university some people think it's evil or just plain wrong, and others think its cool :huh:

Nowadays it'd be silly to buy a Mac for Vista, but a year and a half ago if you wanted a laptop around 13 inches that was fast then you could either get a Macbook or a Dell 12" thing that was uglier, smaller and more expensive. Beleive it or not the macbook was very good value for money for a 13" laptop.

+Frank B.    7,154

I bought a Mac to get away from Windows. I don't use Bootcamp either; I have a Windows XP virtual machine to test things - but that's it.

Running Windows only on a Mac kind of defeats the point of buying one in the first place.

Snakehn    5
I bought a Mac to get away from Windows.

Running Windows only on a Mac defeats the point of buying one in the first place.

+1

giga    46

Definitely not.

deck    38

When I worked at Best Buy we installed Windows on all our Macs when BootCamp came out. We had Windows running all the time. The best part was that customers didn't notice. Casual Mac users... they don't even know what their using, the box just looks pretty... sorry... don't mean to start trouble.

Typhon    0
I wanna now if there are people who uses they mac's to run windows most than os x.? i know some friends who like windows and buy a mac because windows vista the best to run it is on a mac (ironic right?) but that was what the benchmarks test say's....

how many of you?

That would be a waste of money to use Mac hardware for a Windows OS. Not because Vista sucks but because the Mac cost loads for ok hardware. Also Vista dose not run faster on a Mac.

ljames28    0
When I worked at Best Buy we installed Windows on all our Macs when BootCamp came out. We had Windows running all the time. The best part was that customers didn't notice. Casual Mac users... they don't even know what their using, the box just looks pretty... sorry... don't mean to start trouble.

What do you mean the customers didnt notice? You say it like your spitting in their burgers, whats wrong with running windows behind the counter?

Esmandau    0
That would be a waste of money to use Mac hardware for a Windows OS. Not because Vista sucks but because the Mac cost loads for ok hardware. Also Vista dose not run faster on a Mac.

PC World Say's

" Fastest: Apple MacBook Pro

The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year (through 10/25/07) is a Mac. Try that again: The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year--or for that matter, ever--is a Mac. Not a Dell, not a Toshiba, not even an Alienware. The $2419 (plus the price of a copy of Windows Vista, of course) MacBook Pro's PC WorldBench 6 Beta 2 score of 88 beats Gateway's E-265M by a single point, but the MacBook's score is far more impressive simply because Apple couldn't care less whether you run Windows. "

Also See Here JAJAJA,

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

Go To 2007, Click Missprint Ad

deck    38
What do you mean the customers didnt notice? You say it like your spitting in their burgers, whats wrong with running windows behind the counter?

No no... We had it running on all our demo computers. The one's that customers look at, play with, touch, point to and say "I want this one." People would go up to our Macs, start using them, click around Windows XP, and not ask why they are using Windows.

ljames28    0
No no... We had it running on all our demo computers. The one's that customers look at, play with, touch, point to and say "I want this one." People would go up to our Macs, start using them, click around Windows XP, and not ask why they are using Windows.

:o :laugh:

giga    46

Probably because they've never seen or used Mac OS much.

Bobster    0

I wouldn't run it as my main OS but as me and my mates have Macbook Pro's, we use Vista all the time for gaming. But IMO since switching to Mac is that it is just better than Windows.

CPressland    176

One of the Apple Resellers local to me in Spain (i'm on holiday out here at the moment) had XP installed on all the iMacs in his store, when I asked him why he explained that "Windows XP was better and faster then anything OS X could offer" I sent Apple a nice letter and he no longer sells Apple Hardware :D

I think it's just plain wrong

LunarFalcon    0

Since I switched to mac in November, I haven't even tried windows on bootcamp. I've been very happy with leopard and have had all of the apps that I need/want without having to use windows.

Typhon    0
PC World Say's

" Fastest: Apple MacBook Pro

The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year (through 10/25/07) is a Mac. Try that again: The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year--or for that matter, ever--is a Mac. Not a Dell, not a Toshiba, not even an Alienware. The $2419 (plus the price of a copy of Windows Vista, of course) MacBook Pro's PC WorldBench 6 Beta 2 score of 88 beats Gateway's E-265M by a single point, but the MacBook's score is far more impressive simply because Apple couldn't care less whether you run Windows. "

Also See Here JAJAJA,

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

Go To 2007, Click Missprint Ad

That's last year and also that's a laptop.

Simon    177
One of the Apple Resellers local to me in Spain (i'm on holiday out here at the moment) had XP installed on all the iMacs in his store, when I asked him why he explained that "Windows XP was better and faster then anything OS X could offer" I sent Apple a nice letter and he no longer sells Apple Hardware :D

So... he was selling an outdated OS? I could *almost* understand if it was Vista, but he would be charging the same or more I imagine, for a 6-7 year old OS. Thanks for getting him out of the program :D

I have Vista on my MacBook Pro for a few games (The Orange Box, mainly), but it's not nearly as good on a laptop. I plan on getting an iMac t the end of the summer and putting Vista on there, then doing my gaming on it. However, on both systems, I (plan to) use OS X primarily other than the occasional game.

Esmandau    0
Probably because they've never seen or used Mac OS much.

that is right, i was a Fully windows user and OS X Hater for years, but 6 months back i say one day " i will give one week my self to fully test ad personalize my OS X leopard Installation with emails, IM, photos, music, and all the stuff i got on windows" man i can say proudly i dont want to go back to windows ! ! !when i use it i feel strange, how can bill gates sell his OS? at that Price? really all those windows users you just give os x a try ! ! ! do it.

Denis W.    734

In that case, you should get the Apple store at our downtown Eaton Centre shut down. They installed Boot Camp and I was able to get into the XP login screen. :hmmm: (Mind you, the XP boot screen looked TERRIBLE on that monstrous iMac's display.)

But come on people. Some prefer Windows and want slim form laptops that perform well. Nothing wrong with that. And for the last time, people's wallets are their own business, not yours.

Lasker    0

The reason that I bought my iMac was to stay away from Windows, I have only Vmware running with Windows 2000.

bryonhowley    11

I Use OS X As Primary OS On My PC

giga    46
I Use OS X As Primary OS On My PC

Why don't you update? 10.5.4 is out.