Is Anyone Here Who Uses Their Mac to Run Windows Only?

How Many People Here Use They Mac's To Run Windows Only?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. How Many People Here Use They Mac's To Run Windows Only?

• I Use Windows As Primary OS on My Mac
    • I Use OS X As Primary OS On My Mac

One of the Apple Resellers local to me in Spain (i'm on holiday out here at the moment) had XP installed on all the iMacs in his store, when I asked him why he explained that "Windows XP was better and faster then anything OS X could offer" I sent Apple a nice letter and he no longer sells Apple Hardware :D

I think it's just plain wrong

I your an idiot! Thats just plain rude. And most apple resellers do this because their POS is all windows software. I know that ours do as well.... And every other one I have seen do the same. You think that that people with sponsors for oil on cars run that oil in their car lol, no.... do you think the donuts king car, the dude just eats donuts?

Edited by offroadaaron

One of the Apple Resellers local to me in Spain (i'm on holiday out here at the moment) had XP installed on all the iMacs in his store, when I asked him why he explained that "Windows XP was better and faster then anything OS X could offer" I sent Apple a nice letter and he no longer sells Apple Hardware :D

Yeah, that is pretty douchey.

Use Crossover games. Works great for most source games. ;)

Don't they run in DX 8 mode under Crossover?

that is just low.

wow, fortunately events in your life will even it out.

PC World Say's

" Fastest: Apple MacBook Pro

The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year (through 10/25/07) is a Mac. Try that again: The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year--or for that matter, ever--is a Mac. Not a Dell, not a Toshiba, not even an Alienware. The $2419 (plus the price of a copy of Windows Vista, of course) MacBook Pro's PC WorldBench 6 Beta 2 score of 88 beats Gateway's E-265M by a single point, but the MacBook's score is far more impressive simply because Apple couldn't care less whether you run Windows. "

Also See Here JAJAJA,

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

Go To 2007, Click Missprint Ad

Yes because PC World is such an up-to-date and reliable source for computer information....

I mean i loved their Vista Vs. OSX article....Vista doesnt have this, doesnt have that etc...but wait Vista had all the features the article said it didnt...

What that article has done, is compared a low specced macbook pro, to a bunch of **** laptops like the gateway E-265M. He claism to have tested dells, toshibas, alienware but doesn't give any proof whatsoever.

Nah, not really. There's some things in Leopard that I hate, but will probably be fixed in Snow Leopard, and when I get my next iMac.

I much prefer OS X than Windows. And in this period where new-gen consoles are less than 3-4 years old (actually 2), I don't see myself gaming on Windows at this moment. Only games like starcraft will make me boot windows, as well as university apps like autocad and office 2007.

"Windows XP was better and faster then anything OS X could offer"

That's pretty funny. :laugh:

Nice work with that letter, by the way. ;)

I run windows purely for games. I do find that XP runs much nicer on my iMac then it ever did with my custom built pc's. But that's likely just a combination of the hardware. I am looking to upgrade to Vista for DX10, but I don't want to buy a copy.

Also Crossover is pretty bad. It works but its very buggy the games themselves run relatively good but if you want to do anything else with your system think again.

Wow you feel so strong as to get him fired? You feel good about that?

People can run whatever OS they want on their systems.

And now I find myself using Vista more and more on my iMac. Was running it on Fusion for a while, now I have a full 80 GB Boot Camp partition set up. I find that Leopard just doesn't play nicely with the rest of the computers on my network. Besides, I'm not a fanboy to any one company. There are many things I feel that Vista does better than Leopard, and vice versa. Since I have an open mind, unlike certain Apple fanboys, I am able to get the best out of each OS and use the one that serves my needs better at any one moment.

On a marginally related note, I've set up my iPhone to work on Leopard and my iPod touch to work on Vista. It's odd docking them both at the same time since this way they can't be synced simultaneously.

Edited by Quillz

In all honesty why would Apple care if the people buy the computer? They still get the money from the sale, it isn't like if XP gets put on it Apple looses a huge portion of their profit off the system being sold. Fact is, you buy the system Apple has your money, though can't say they'll support Windows or whatever on the system but that's up to them as they built them to run OS X, I haven't read the warrenty to see if they will assist with issues with other OS's, namely Windows, though I think they would providing drivers for the system and all.

Fact is Intel Mac's run Windows just fine and who cares what the end user wants on it. Also have ask, all the iMac's, does that mean all the demo units or every system that he sells because he'd be opening up every system he sells and honestly I wouldn't want that.

I'd also imagine that there are a few people out there buying Apple hardware specifically to run Windows. After all, the hardware is competitive priced, looks very pretty and often has all the technology one would ever need in there. Considering all that, it's no surprise that Windows will run very well on it. So, again, I feel that Apple hardware is perhaps the best choice to run Windows, which, like it or not, has 90%+ of the OS market.

I bought a Mac Mini, and it runs Win2k3 server as the server for my business, works great, uses little power :D

Also have an iMac 17" that mum now has, runs only XP for her.

I have an iMac 20" that I use mainly in OSX to watch some tv and muck around on.

Main PC and Laptop are not macs. (Nor will be)

I'd also imagine that there are a few people out there buying Apple hardware specifically to run Windows. After all, the hardware is competitive priced, looks very pretty and often has all the technology one would ever need in there. Considering all that, it's no surprise that Windows will run very well on it. So, again, I feel that Apple hardware is perhaps the best choice to run Windows, which, like it or not, has 90%+ of the OS market.

My place of study were all using iMacs with windows XP because they didn't take up the extra room on the desks and they could then have bigger screens, seeing as the case and the screen would both be sitting on the desk with a normal PC. I think they were going to do that with all their machines eventually.

Edited by offroadaaron

And now I find myself using Vista more and more on my iMac. Was running it on Fusion for a while, now I have a full 80 GB Boot Camp partition set up. I find that Leopard just doesn't play nicely with the rest of the computers on my network. Besides, I'm not a fanboy to any one company. There are many things I feel that Vista does better than Leopard, and vice versa. Since I have an open mind, unlike certain Apple fanboys, I am able to get the best out of each OS and use the one that serves my needs better at any one moment.

On a marginally related note, I've set up my iPhone to work on Leopard and my iPod touch to work on Vista. It's odd docking them both at the same time since this way they can't be synced simultaneously.

Really you need all systems to be the same to have an easy and working network. All I have to say is that Mac OS X is much easier to use in a work environment and then vmware for anything I need to do in windows (but I rarely use windows on my Mac). I only use my windows desktop now for Games and if those games were on Mac I wouldn't use windows at all.

I can say im not a fan boy just I like to work in an easy environment with good multitasking tools. And also love the unix environments aswell (which Mac OS X is).

dude that's a really dick thing to do...like seriously. You get this poor dude's job lost because he preferred xp?

Really you need all systems to be the same to have an easy and working network. All I have to say is that Mac OS X is much easier to use in a work environment and then vmware for anything I need to do in windows (but I rarely use windows on my Mac). I only use my windows desktop now for Games and if those games were on Mac I wouldn't use windows at all.

I can say im not a fan boy just I like to work in an easy environment with good multitasking tools. And also love the unix environments aswell (which Mac OS X is).

You are absolutely correct, and I do think Mac OS X is easier to use solo in a networked environment, but all the other computers on my network are PCs running Vista (actually, only one remains running XP.) Therefore, it's simply easier for me to network when my iMac is booted into Vista.

interesting.. seems to me you kinda negated his freedom to choose whatever he wants to use? very low in my opinion.

even sadder that apple would even consider your letter, let alone heed it, as grounds for discontinuance of reselling their hardware. shows how sad they are as well, strictly speaking of them as a business entity.

I have to use various Windows apps for work, so when I'm out and about I'll be in VMWare or bootcamp primarily. But at home it's all OSX. So much nicer for browsing the web, editing photos and so on.

Believe it or not, Apple has the opportunity to make money after the sale of a Mac running OS X (iPhoto, .Mac). So, if your selling a Mac with XP primarily, after most likely signing some sort of contract, I would imagine that it would be severely frowned upon. Dick, no. Business, yes.

I am getting my mbp next week and will be running windows, not as my primary OS but as a second boot option, this i have to do because of the development work that i do, i will be using this machine for work also, and our applications we write are huge. So running windows + dev tools in fusion or parallels is not an option i will however try it out and see the speed, if it is usable i will perhaps run windows in the vm.

Vege- Ratting someone out because they run a different OS on the machine is rather childish, who are you to decide what go's and what does not. You are no one in this world to decide that. I like mac's alot but some of the fanboys out there seriously need a slap along side the head.

<removed - not relevant to the thread in ANY way> - Triliaeris

Edited by Triliaeris

dude that's a really dick thing to do...like seriously. You get this poor dude's job lost because he preferred xp?

Actually, that is against the Apple agreements governing resellers so it isn't a bad thing to do, he wasn't doing his job. :)

If you walked into a Toyota Dealer and the guy had all Yugos on the floor and when asked he said, "Oh, they are just better." I think a great deal of people would also have spoken to someone higher up or to the company themselves as there are agreements for resellers that say what you can and can't do with another company's brand.