Is Anyone Here Who Uses Their Mac to Run Windows Only?

How Many People Here Use They Mac's To Run Windows Only?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. How Many People Here Use They Mac's To Run Windows Only?

• I Use Windows As Primary OS on My Mac
    • I Use OS X As Primary OS On My Mac

I have a theory! :laugh:

A Windows fanboy with a bunch of gamer windows fanboy friends tries out a Mac and likes it.

This particular windows fanboy, instead of scoffing and walking away, entertains his curiosity and purchases his first Mac which turns out to be great. He loves his purchase and starts using it full time. But.. he's ashamed and fearful that his winblows fanboy friends will taunt him for it.

So when they come over to get some frags on TROUT4 with him, he boots up XP on Boot Camp, so that if they ask why a Mac is in his household he can justify it's existance in the vicinity of his living quarters by replying "Oh, I just liked the style of the hardware, so I'm using it to run XP. Since you know Microsoft is just a software company doesn't really matter what hardware you use, right? I happen to like the case.. yup."

This puts the troubled souls of his winblows using comrades at ease, and saves him from the flames.

The end. :rofl:

Nope.. I don't see the point.. besides gaming tell me why you would using windows on your mac?

Because I like right clicking. :rofl: Because I like using a larger array of software. Because I like Windows Explorer better than the Finder. There are lots of reasons people would like to run Windows on their Mac. Just like there are people that also run Linux on their Mac. Or people who run Mac OS X on PCs.

Because I like right clicking. :rofl: Because I like using a larger array of software. Because I like Windows Explorer better than the Finder. There are lots of reasons people would like to run Windows on their Mac. Just like there are people that also run Linux on their Mac. Or people who run Mac OS X on PCs.

I can right click too!

But unlike you, I don't make posts based on fantasies!

The people *I* know who run it are those who *NEED* compatibility - 9/10, they hate Windows with a religious zeal and want to get away from it.

I am running Windows on my MacBook Air and find it runs faster that it did on my Dell laptop. However, when I go to Hibernate, the computer hangs. Can anyone help me with this?

I bought a Macbook exclusively to run Vista, i have Mac still install but i've only used it a max of 5 times in the year and a half ive had the macbook. At university some people think it's evil or just plain wrong, and others think its cool :huh:

Nowadays it'd be silly to buy a Mac for Vista, but a year and a half ago if you wanted a laptop around 13 inches that was fast then you could either get a Macbook or a Dell 12" thing that was uglier, smaller and more expensive. Beleive it or not the macbook was very good value for money for a 13" laptop.

+1

you are actually thinking different than the one's who think different. I think that's really kewl :)

Nope.. I don't see the point.. besides gaming tell me why you would using windows on your mac?

To think different!

I can right click too!

But unlike you, I don't make posts based on fantasies!

The people *I* know who run it are those who *NEED* compatibility - 9/10, they hate Windows with a religious zeal and want to get away from it.

-1 (Minus 1)

I like your point. If you buy a PC you get "Right Clicking" out of the box.

You've got to be joking; if MacOS X wasn't welded to Mac hardware, I would be owning a Lenovo X200 right now and a Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop.

Windows a better operating system? good lord, what drugs have you been taking - these new ones kids take must be alot stronger than when I was a kid.

What drugs have you been taking. I guess you ate the apple and now Steve Jobs can control what you think.

You've got to be joking; if MacOS X wasn't welded to Mac hardware, I would be owning a Lenovo X200 right now and a Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop.

Windows a better operating system? good lord, what drugs have you been taking - these new ones kids take must be alot stronger than when I was a kid.

What drugs have you been taking? Mac a better OS lol?

In what respect?

Vista has better security, less viruses even though its been out for longer and used by a much larger user base, muchhhhhh greater compatibility, right clicking, more games, etc. Care to prove your point or you just believe the crap apple throws at you in their ads.

As for the premium you pay for your mac hardware, funny that mac runs better on a hackintosh. I mean hell I find it funny that my laptop which costed almost a 1000 dollars can run a hackintosh running a vanilla kernel [nothing else removed] faster than my friends mbp 17in with extremely similar specs.

Some how I get the feeling that the 40-something votes for running Windows only have been made my Windows users. Polls like this are never accurate .. :/

it now says 339 total with only 202 total votes...where did the 136 other votes go?

28% is a lot. More than I thought there would be.

Some how I get the feeling that the 40-something votes for running Windows only have been made my Windows users. Polls like this are never accurate .. :/

Isn't that the entire point? Your poll ASKS windows users to vote for the first option, then you complain about it? I don't quite get your logic there... obviously people who use Windows as their primary OS on their Mac hardware uses... windows.

That right clicking statement makes no sense. :p

It's the hardware that prevents right click. I mean theres only one mouse button. >.> How could you possibly right click by installing Windows on a Mac? XD

It's the hardware that prevents right click. I mean theres only one mouse button. >.> How could you possibly right click by installing Windows on a Mac? XD

The point people try to make with right-clicking is that windows has had it since forever. Macs only recently got it supported, both in the OS and some of the hardware.

Mac OS supported right clicking in the days before OS X. (I remember specifically it was supported in Mac OS 9)

But seriously, are we really going to argue "who had it first"? Just meaningless quibble--both support right clicking fine and there's really no argument for this today.

No it's not. I used my Mighty Mouse to right click before I broke it.

Because Hakintosh are problematic. I can understand paying a premium for hardware to run Mac OS X, but paying a premium to then turn around and run Windows on it is just plain stupid.

But if you have been with the OS X x86 community since the first beta versions were hacked by deadmoo, it can't be that problematic.

Also the community has grown tremendously since those days. Most of the problems have been solved. Purchase a laptop that has been tested to be working 100% by the community.

No it's not. I used my Mighty Mouse to right click before I broke it.

How about this then,

If you use any standard scroll mouse on OS X, you can use the left button to left click, and the right button to right click, and the scroll wheel to scroll.

I have my MX Revolution connected to my MacBook Pro and it worked automatically. Even the extra buttons and features work without any additonal software.

I have my MX Revolution connected to my MacBook Pro and it worked automatically. Even the extra buttons and features work without any additonal software.

+1

Same mouse I have.

I used to have Windows installed on a separate partition, but found that I didn't actually use it for anything, so removed it.

Enough about the right click people. Why didn't windows support tapping on the trackpad of my macbook, instead I had to click (ugh). Something which was easy to set OS X up to do.

I can't believe that people have their mac running a garbage OS like Windows, it's a shame.

And I can't believe people post ignorant fanboy stupidity. Just because you personally dislike Windows, doesn't mean everyone else does. Hate to break it to you, but the world runs on Windows.

Unless of course that was sarcasm, b/c if it was, you got me!

You gotta love all the Apple fanboys raging about people using Windows on their precious temple. :rofl:

Actually, your trolling attempt not withstanding, many Apple users are extremely proud of our ability to run Windows, Linux, and other operating systems along side of Mac OS X. I'd venture to say that very few of us actually have a problem with people deciding to use their Apple Equipment to run Windows, after, the best Windows Vista machine on the planet is a Mac! :)