Is Anyone Here Who Uses Their Mac to Run Windows Only?

How Many People Here Use They Mac's To Run Windows Only?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. How Many People Here Use They Mac's To Run Windows Only?

• I Use Windows As Primary OS on My Mac
    • I Use OS X As Primary OS On My Mac

that is right, i was a Fully windows user and OS X Hater for years, but 6 months back i say one day " i will give one week my self to fully test ad personalize my OS X leopard Installation with emails, IM, photos, music, and all the stuff i got on windows" man i can say proudly i dont want to go back to windows ! ! !when i use it i feel strange, how can bill gates sell his OS? at that Price? really all those windows users you just give os x a try ! ! ! do it.

I'd love to give Mac a good try in much the same way you do. You know what I don't? Because I can't afford to buy a Mac. I can't even afford to buy a Mac Mini. But if I'm going to consider changing the medium by which I work I want to get the entire experience with a full-on iMac. 24inches. But I don't have 2000$ to drop on a new computer and without the ability to try, my next computer will likely be a Windows PC.

Why don't you update? 10.5.4 is out.

Did not realize I still had 10.5.2 in my signature.

Edited by bryonhowley

The reason I purchased my MacBook Pro was so that I had a computer which worked seamlessly, from the hardware right down to the software applications, without me having to fiddle around and tinker with things. So, with that being said, my primary (and only) operating system is Mac OS X. If I need to use Windows, I simply connect to one of the few PC's that I have in my home.

One day perhaps it will be legal to run Mac OS on a PC. One day...

great, posts deleted

I use OSX. Used to be really in to Windows - I was a hobbyist developer, in to the Microsoft beta scene and all that. Switched to OSX a while ago, and never looked back. Love OSX to bits (pardon the pun).

I've never felt there was any software 'missing' or that I needed but couldn't use. Most of the Mac alternatives have cleaner interfaces and are much easier and quicker than their Windows counterparts. I think the 'missing software' idea mainly applies if you're in a corporation with custom software. Even my engineering applications such as MATLAB and SPICE work on the Mac - in fact, SPICE has some great interfaces that are miles above any Windows equivalents, and OSX includes a 3D graphing calculator with Vector graph and movie export support!

/Applications/Utilities/Grapher.app

I've never had a need to use it, but I'll keep that in mind should the need arise. I guess you learn something every day, thank you giga. :)

I should add that some of the SPICE interfaces I saw before (years ago a friend of mine was showing off his G4) have stopped being developed. Some of them are open-source, and can be recompiled for Universal Binary support with little/no changes.

It appears SPICE interfaces are rubbish wherever you go.

And yes, Grapher.App is very cool. I love how I can animate variables in the equations and export them as Quicktime movies, and even sync them to an iPod/iPhone (not that I'd ever want to do that. I have some pride you know!). Great for demoing how certain variables impact the graph (I did some digital communications work a while ago, was supremely useful)

While I mostly use Mac OS X, I do go through phases of just using Windows (mostly out of need, although I don't see one OS as being better than the other).

I certainly wouldn't have bought my MacBook if it couldn't run Windows.

I use OSX at home all of the time, but have a Windows XP partition specifically so I can reboot and play some games. Oh if only you could buy games natively for OSX I could actually be rid of Windows for good at home!

I use OSX at home all of the time, but have a Windows XP partition specifically so I can reboot and play some games. Oh if only you could buy games natively for OSX I could actually be rid of Windows for good at home!

+1 which is why I am looking forward to Starcraft 2 and (to a lesser extent) Diablo 3 for OS X :)

I run Windows Vista almost exclusively on my MacBook. Windows just works better for me in many areas, including on my university's network. Frankly, I see nothing "ironic" about this at all. Apple is a hardware company that makes computers. I use their computers to run various operating systems. I also don't think it's wrong. Unlike some people, using Windows doesn't make me sick to my stomach. In fact, I use many operating systems on my Mac.

Yup, I pretty much never boot into Leopard. Technically mine is set up for triple boot (Leopard + 2 Windows installs).

I switched to Mac to try out something new, something different. Being a wanna-be designer, and a person with a keen eye for aesthetics, the Mac was the perfect platform for me. It's just "perfect" in many ways, the little things of the operating system that appeal to me.

I don't mind using Windows at all, in fact I dual boot with Vista to play some Team Fortress 2 here and there.

In the end it all comes down to YOU. Different operating systems appeal to different people.

For the most part, I stick with Leopard, but when I need to or want to I'll use Vista.

One of the Apple Resellers local to me in Spain (i'm on holiday out here at the moment) had XP installed on all the iMacs in his store, when I asked him why he explained that "Windows XP was better and faster then anything OS X could offer" I sent Apple a nice letter and he no longer sells Apple Hardware :D

I think it's just plain wrong

Dude, get a life. Why would you give a damn if the guy wants to run XP on his stores iMacs? You seriously went and ratted him out to Apple like a bitch!?!?!?

You should be real proud of yourself on that one. Real proud...

Dude, get a life. Why would you give a damn if the guy wants to run XP on his stores iMacs? You seriously went and ratted him out to Apple like a bitch!?!?!?

I have to agree that's a little mean. :p

Installing Windows on Macs might actually appeal more to average consumers, since it's something they're likely to be familiar with...

Steam for Mac. I want it :D

Only Apple's userbase can be so dedicated to their favourite company to rat people out. :p

But yeah, on second thought, unless he was selling pirated copies of OS X or XP to customers, and UNLESS Apple Authorized Dealers have some condition that they MUST NOT offer an alternative operating system on in-store demo machines (which, as I repeat again, I saw XP installed in an iMac at an Apple Store) what was that for? Just hope that store wasn't his livelihood, because if it was, congrats for being such a <something>.