Official Sony E3 Discussion Thread

FFS. If you are not enjoying it, don't keep posting pathetic pictures and comments.

Have I introduced you to the kettle ? :p

Wow, look at these stocks:

Microsoft: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=MSFT

Sony: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SNE

Microsoft seems to be doing very well off of todays briefings.

E3 really isn't something that's going to change stock prices, bud. Outlooks, financial reports, large product announcements, etc. are. Microsoft announcing a Dashboard overhaul isn't going to change their stock.

World at War actually looks pretty good from what they showed. For Treyarch, I mean.

Yeah the little clips have really impressed me!

12:52: Ben Mattes says the Blu-ray is way better than the competition. Long term playstation 3 development: This all sounds similar to the PS2 development cycle. Dev's hated it and then learned to love the pain. Ironically, though, these are mostly cross-platform games that won't really take advantage of the Cell structure. Jack: "as you can see there's a tremendous amount of support from our development partners" SCE worldwide studios makes a competitive advantage - 23 exclusives, 10 on Blu-ray and 13 on PSN

12:53: They're pumping smoke in here, either to confuse us or make this all seem like a dream.

:rofl:

lol no, I didn't mean it like that. I meant it's ironic that you expect Sony to do less talking and more showing, which is counter-intuitive for Sony based on their track record. :p lol bad joke I guess :laugh:

:laugh: True, but last year they actually had some good games.

Are they serious? That's ALL their showing of Killzone 2?! WTF!

E3 really isn't something that's going to change stock prices, bud. Outlooks, financial reports, large product announcements, etc. are. Microsoft announcing a Dashboard overhaul isn't going to change their stock.

We've had all kinds of sales figures thrown at us. Stockholders aren't completely uninterested in E3.

It did wonders for Squeenix's stock and you can bet all those partnership deals floated everyone involved's stocks a bit.

GoW3 yay!

Hopefully the mini army trash talking for half this conference is becoming happier ;)

We've had all kinds of sales figures thrown at us. Stockholders aren't completely uninterested in E3.

That information is all given to stockholders well ahead of this in financial reports. The SEC demands that. You can't keep stockholders out of the loop, legally. These statistics mean nothing to them.

It did wonders for Squeenix's stock and you can bet all those partnership deals floated everyone involved's stocks a bit.

Netflix is what made Microsoft go up, as it was a big deal. The other E3 stuff had nothing to do with anything. Square-Enix is only a game developer, hence why an announcement with Microsoft will actually up their stock.

I mean no disrespect to Sony fans, but I feel this press conference has been a massive fail. I've actually been considering getting a PS3 recently and look forward to Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, but this conference was just... absolutely horrible.