Official Sony E3 Discussion Thread

This was possibly one of the biggest disappointment ever. I mean Nintendo's are always bad but this was a joke.

The Microsoft keynote blew this away entirely. It is worrying for Sony really.

This was possibly one of the biggest disappointment ever. I mean Nintendo's are always bad but this was a joke.

The Microsoft keynote blew this away entirely. It is worrying for Sony really.

Worrying, how? They have shown some good titles that will be coming out.

MAG sounds like it'll be in direct competition with ARMA 2 ( http://www.arma2.com ). The original ARMA was awesome on PC.

I kinda doubt it. Arma2 looks to be a tad disappointing so far. Very few details about it. And recommended system specs for the PC version say Quad core? That's a load of ****. How is it going to be that important when the damn OS it runs on doesn't even properly interact with multi-core systems?

I kinda doubt it. Arma2 looks to be a tad disappointing so far. Very few details about it. And recommended system specs for the PC version say Quad core? That's a load of ****. How is it going to be that important when the damn OS it runs on doesn't even properly interact with multi-core systems?

If you've played the previous games, OFP/ArmA, you'd see why the requirements are so high.

The game is so gorgeous and huge, you'll need a killer PC. Specially since ArmA 2 is gonna use VBS2.

Worrying, how? They have shown some good titles that will be coming out.

Yeah I know...

GoW3 announced

RFOM2 and inFAMOUS shown to be looking awesome

DC Online MMO announced - No other console has a good MMO

80GB coming back, and at a cheaper cost of $399 (Was $499 previously)

Video Store going up tonight and you can buy movies (In SD yeah...)

MAG unveiled

LBP looking awesome

Home gaming rooms unveiled

If you own a PS3, hardly anything to get worried about. No they didn't bring in Jesus to announce FF7, but if you expected that, then :laugh:

What happened to the FF7 remake??!?!?! Lol....

Couldn't really watch the whole thing as I am work. But it looks to be about on par with Microsoft's E3 showing in terms of content. The only difference is that MS showed informative demos, while Sony mainly relied on videos and boring talk. MAG, if done right, could be huge for Sony. But seriously, whoever at Sony designed the conference should get fired. The pacing, the presentation (aside from LBP business level) are all wrong; and where is the enthusiasm?

I'm more than happy with the line up of games, I just wish Sony would have injected a little more into their conference - it was dull.

Yeah I know...

GoW3 announced

RFOM2 and inFAMOUS shown to be looking awesome

DC Online MMO announced - No other console has a good MMO

80GB coming back, and at a cheaper cost of $399 (Was $499 previously)

Video Store going up tonight and you can buy movies (In SD yeah...)

MAG unveiled

LBP looking awesome

Home gaming rooms unveiled

If you own a PS3, hardly anything to get worried about. No they didn't bring in Jesus to announce FF7, but if you expected that, then :laugh:

Worrying in that this was supposed to be THE year for Sony. It was supposed to be the year of the game for them, and then they show how many PS3 games? It's a letdown, to be sure. Sure, they had some good announcements, like God of War 3, but nothing major. For the year that many people have been proclaiming to be Sony's make or break year -- yourself included, I believe -- it's disappointing. As someone who is considering buying a PS3, it's disappointing. I wanted some reasons for me to get one (specifically more good exclusive games)... and they really didn't give me any.

Worrying in that this was supposed to be THE year for Sony. It was supposed to be the year of the game for them, and then they show how many PS3 games? It's a letdown, to be sure. Sure, they had some good announcements, like God of War 3, but nothing major. For the year that many people have been proclaiming to be Sony's make or break year -- yourself included, I believe -- it's disappointing. As someone who is considering buying a PS3, it's disappointing. I wanted some reasons for me to get one (specifically more good exclusive games)... and they really didn't give me any.

QFT, but nobody expects any different from him.

The year is 2008.

Half of the stuff you're expecting to come out, like FF7, would never come in 2008.

Dunno how you can ignore 80GB at $399, video store launching tonight, MAG being unveiled along side GoW3. Plus we actually got to see a decent clip of 2008 title RFOM2.

We'll see how things sit at the end of the year, right now Sony is on top in America and Japan. Dunno about Europe.

QFT, but nobody expects any different from him.

What does that mean?

Because I found the conference pretty good I'm wrong?

The year is 2008.

Half of the stuff you're expecting to come out, like FF7, would never come in 2008.

Dunno how you can ignore 80GB at $399, video store launching tonight, MAG being unveiled along side GoW3. Plus we actually got to see a decent clip of 2008 title RFOM2.

We'll see how things sit at the end of the year, right now Sony is on top in America and Japan. Dunno about Europe.

Audio, not to sound rude, but you were the one on here who was always proclaiming this to be the year of Sony and now you're backing off on that? Come on, man. A bigger capacity PS3 is no different than a bigger capacity 360, and I've said the 360 going to 60GB isn't exactly huge news either. I mean, they're both good for new buyers, but how is it big news?

Sorry, but these games have been shown at E3 for 2 years now, and still aren't released. There is no more excuses, they have screwed up so much.

Sorry, but these games have been shown at E3 for 2 years now, and still aren't released. There is no more excuses, they have screwed up so much.

RFOM2, LBP, MS2 are just around the corner. Sony weren't suppose to show them?

What does that mean?

Because I found the conference pretty good I'm wrong?

Clearly.

I found the conference dull, but the line up of games and new features coming are great. People see and hear what they want too, that's the problem. According the usual suspects the MS conference has blown Sony away - how exactly has it done this? MS have revealed more sequels and nothing really new. Sony have shown brand new games.

It's swings and roundabouts.

Audio, not to sound rude, but you were the one on here who was always proclaiming this to be the year of Sony and now you're backing off on that? Come on, man. A bigger capacity PS3 is no different than a bigger capacity 360, and I've said the 360 going to 60GB isn't exactly huge news either. I mean, they're both good for new buyers, but how is it big news?

Proclaiming?

You make me sound like God, awesome! :D

I dunno how 2008 will turn out, let's wait and see.

No mention of Afrika? Tsk tsk Sony.

Lulz.

No really, did they show RE5 with the mention of exclusive titles?

And what the hell is Mirror's Edge?

What else were they going to fill that PS3 Segment gap with? ...

Games coming out fall 2008.

The same thing MS did.