Official Sony E3 Discussion Thread

Was pretty obvious ...

that's why it was in the sarcasitc apostrophe quote :p

infamous looks ok, hope the whole star wars-esq electric hands doesnt get you thrown down a long shaft to your death during your regin over an empire by your apprentice's barsteward son :D

I mean no disrespect to Sony fans, but I feel this press conference has been a massive fail. I've actually been considering getting a PS3 recently and look forward to Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, but this conference was just... absolutely horrible.

Yeap, I'm absolutely with you on this one. I was really coming into this press conference hoping for something to sway me towards a PS3 purchase, but I'm not seeing anything too compelling. 360 has my hands more than full.

I'm going to reevaluate in September though, when that new SKU hits and see if it's worth the purchase at that point.

I'm a little dubious about M.A.G. considering all they could really say about it was "256players and 8player squads". No hint about the gameplay or anything, but it's early days yet. Hopefully it delivers.

I mean no disrespect to Sony fans, but I feel this press conference has been a massive fail. I've actually been considering getting a PS3 recently and look forward to Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, but this conference was just... absolutely horrible.

better than the nintendo conference.

first half of the sony conference was slow, but it seemed to end slightly better. altho i didnt see the ms conference to compare it to...

MAG sounds like it'll be in direct competition with ARMA 2 ( http://www.arma2.com ). The original ARMA was awesome on PC.

What, "Sounds", you heard it features 256 Players and you saw a CGI trailers. Then it's suddenly a direct competitor to a realistic combat simulator?

256 Players sounds decent, but I can just imagine the overall look and feel of the game and dodgy hit-detection when you need to compensate for that many players :s

I'll wait till I see some real Gameplay footage and perhaps some previews.

GoW 3 confirmed

Resistance 2 looking awesome

inFAMOUS looking good

MAG unveiled

Video store going up tonight (Yeah, USA for now...)

LBP looking like it's progressing well

A glimpse at game rooms within Home

Flower/Siren and some other PSN titles look pretty good

PSP is still getting good support

PS2 is still going

PS3 80GB price cut to $399.

Not a bad conference, glad it didn't turn into a casual gaming fest which I expected.

By the way, those upset at Killzone 2, it has a 30 min developer walkthough on IGN Live in about an hour or so. I'll be watching!

What, "Sounds", you heard it features 256 Players and you saw a CGI trailers. Then it's suddenly a direct competitor to a realistic combat simulator?

Large scale combat taking place in a single world.

Sounds like the same sort of thing to me.

MAG sounds really cool, but as of now it's nothing but another Sony promise. All we saw as a CGI trailer and an amazing idea. I really hope it delivers because a game like that would be my determining factor for a PS3 purchase, no doubt!

Overall E3 has been a big disappointment for me. One big bit of news (FF on 360) makes no odds to me in the slightest.

Large scale combat taking place in the same world.

Sounds like the same sort of thing to me.

Armed Assault has nothing to do with a big persistent battle, it's just based on a big island and filled with missions and campaigns. Multiplayer supports like 64 Players.

They are miles apart.

All in all i think it was a good conference, not great/excellent, just good...

In my opinion it was the best conference of them all, they should have left the GoW 3 announcement in the end tho...

Armed Assault has nothing to do with a big persistent battle, it's just based on a big island and filled with missions and campaigns. Multiplayer supports like 64 Players.

They are miles apart.

They appeal to the same audiences so I don't see how they are.