Official Sony E3 Discussion Thread

Proclaiming?

You make me sound like God, awesome! :D

I dunno how 2008 will turn out, let's wait and see.

Proclaiming is a verb not allowed to be used to refer to the actions of anyone other than God? How does that make any sense? Stop skirting around what I said -- you were the one who said this was going to be the year for Sony.

Every time this forum ends up in the same, MS did it first/better type argument!

Can we please talk about the SONY E3 CONFERENCE? Nobody has said it was the best ever, nobody is that stupid! What people are doing is ignoring the boring conference and looking at the list of games coming out for the Ps3, and they look good.

Proclaiming is a verb not allowed to be used to refer to the actions of anyone other than God? How does that make any sense? Stop skirting around what I said -- you were the one who said this was going to be the year for Sony.

Is this year over yet??

Actually, the use of M$ has to do with my dislike for the prices for Windows. They just happen to be the ones that make the 360. Anyway, which of the points I made is wrong?

Better tv/video distribution. - Transfer to PSP, and your purchases follow you on your PSN account. +1

Huge cross platform MMO - Does M$ have one of these coming?

Home >> Live avatars - Anyone that watched both presentations would have to agree.

Resistance 2 >> GoW2 - Somewhat opinion, but with that boss that was shown, completely understandable.

130 new titles for the PS2 even. When was the last new release on the original Xbox? - Does anyone know?

Yes, it's called Huxley :)

And Avatars has only just been shown, who knows where they will take them for the rest of the 360's life and how they will expand it next generation. Not that I'm even that bothered about Home or Avatars in the first place..

the same kind of thing happened on the MS stage. It was even worse on the Nintendo stage. I really don't see what you are getting at here?

There was no news of Lips, Banjo going to the Arcade, there was only rumours of updates to the Dashboard not a complete overhaul. On top of that they showed Primetime and a whole bunch of features to use with 8 friends over Live (movies, games, photos etc), oh and Netflix :)

I agree they're doing decently. But, again, you said this was going to be their big year for gaming and how they're essentially going to take over.

I don't see how I'm "idolizing" what you said (how can I idolize that? That's not even possible). I'm just bringing it up. You said it, and now you're backing off from it but you won't own up to it. Just say so.

I think Sony have a really good chance to finish this year having sold more than MS. If that defines the year of, then yes, I'd say it could be quite likely.

This IS a big year for Sony for gaming compared to last.

Think I'm gonna spectate this one.

Yeah go for it.

Spectate the usual people showering hate around and praising their consoles in the SONY section ;)

At least some of us who clearly like Sony, keep it to this section.

Good times, opinions make for cracking discussions (Y)

Worrying in that this was supposed to be THE year for Sony. It was supposed to be the year of the game for them, and then they show how many PS3 games? It's a letdown, to be sure. Sure, they had some good announcements, like God of War 3, but nothing major. For the year that many people have been proclaiming to be Sony's make or break year -- yourself included, I believe -- it's disappointing. As someone who is considering buying a PS3, it's disappointing. I wanted some reasons for me to get one (specifically more good exclusive games)... and they really didn't give me any.

+1 (Y)

Meh.

Wasn't an amazing conference, but at least we got a good amount of game and related news unlike say the Nintendo conference which was appalling IMO for the Hardcore market

And the Microsoft one wasn't any better in general, if you take out the FF13 news, which is a big blow to Sony, but besides that nothing really stood out from either.

You all fight so much on these forums around the E3, and they are always almost pointless arguments too.

There was nothing for this year that was truly amazing from anyone, so people need to get off their high horses and take a step into reality.

its never been a better time to be a gamer, Hardcore or Casual, from any of the consoles but your all so taken in your one sided arguments, and most will proclaim they are not biased to any fashion when all they do it bitch and moan about another company.

I think Sony have a really good chance to finish this year having sold more than MS. If that defines the year of, then yes, I'd say it could be quite likely.

This IS a big year for Sony for gaming compared to last.

Forget it, I give up. You went on and on for quite a while in the Microsoft section about how this was going to be the year for Sony with their massive amount of exclusives, yet almost all are either not exclusive anymore, turned out to be bad/mediocre, or are not coming out this year after massive delays. I just thought you'd at least admit you erred after making such lofty claims. Guess not.

I just thought you'd at least admit you erred after making such lofty claims.

There's your error, Ayepecks. :p :laugh:

But we can mention MS now?

:rofl:

----

I'm sorry, but you really can't get around the fact that this was a disappointing conference. I was really hoping for something new/exciting to convince me to get a PS3. I'll have to wait a bit longer and see how everything pans out.

I mean, come on, not even a firm Home beta release date? CGI trailers for some of the more exciting titles (GoW3, MAG)... let's be honest here...

On the bright side, it wasn't the worst conference. That honor is reserved solely for Nintendo. :no:

But we can mention MS now?

Yes, I said while the conference was going on.

At least they didn't say anything about a PSP upgrade, so I'm still getting the PSP Slim, what with all the new games coming out. It was a pretty boring conference by Sony though, it has to be said.

Scirwode

Forget it, I give up. You went on and on for quite a while in the Microsoft section about how this was going to be the year for Sony with their massive amount of exclusives, yet almost all are either not exclusive anymore, turned out to be bad/mediocre, or are not coming out this year after massive delays. I just thought you'd at least admit you erred after making such lofty claims. Guess not.

Well boohoo if I'm wrong about who is successful this year and who isn't. As I was trying to point out to you, im one person, im not God and to be quite honest I'm wrong fairly often like anyone else.

Claims are on the board until the year has ended, however it's many of you guys who have now decided after this conference, with months left to go in the year, that Sony have failed in 2008. Or maybe not failed, but you're all bringing out the big guns of "worry".

Don't think anyone should be worrying, especially not hardcore gamers - Unless you only own a Wii.

Guys, leave Audio alone. All 3 press conferences were clearly targeted towards different people, it just happened that Sony's hit a cord with Audio. Rather than berate him for it, why not discuss WHY you thought Microsoft's was better or Sony's was boring?

Guys, leave Audio alone. All 3 press conferences were clearly targeted towards different people, it just happened that Sony's hit a cord with Audio. Rather than berate him for it, why not discuss WHY you thought Microsoft's was better or Sony's was boring?

Haven't we been doing that? It comes down to what they showed (or lack thereof)...

My logic is undeniable, my logic is undeniable, myyy looogic is unndeenniabble...VIKI

Haven't we been doing that? It comes down to what they showed (or lack thereof)...

They showed it, just not enough of it.

Kushan, the thing is, it didn't really hit a chord.

What I'm frustrated at, is how gamers can be going as mental as they are in the mindset that it has to be 360 OR PS3.

I wouldn't give any conference a 9 or 10 outta 10, and I feel the MS and Sony conferences were pretty equal, with Nintendo tailing way behind.

If I only had a 360, I would of put them as winner due to FF13, but I don't.

I have both the consoles, and it's frustrating that I can't see my fellow multiplatformers enjoy SOME of what is shown at least and be happy for both MS and Sony (Y)

I am... But many of you are in here as usual with the DOOMS DAY attitude.

ps. Dhan - It's downright disrespectful and a complete mess to start going on about MS and the 360 during the Sony E3 conference. Many of you 360 only owners wouldn't have liked it if me and popisdead were in there saying "Sony are doing this better" DURING the conference - When people are trying to read news from the conference, not read forum arguments.

Seriously, why is make a difference if the conference is going on?

*sigh*

It was an okay conference, nothing special.