Official Sony E3 Discussion Thread

In 15 mins SpikeTV will be showing inFAMOUS, Resistance 2 and Bioshock for the PS3!

Some of you Americans have to watch please, no online streaming :(

E3 is about to begin! Tonight on Spike we’re going to blow you away with more than 5 blockbuster world exclusives between 9 – 11 PM. Tune in to see: The E3 trailer for Resistance 2 the night before it premieres at Sony’s press conference; the reveal trailer for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2; the E3 trailer for Prince of Persia (which is 2 minutes long and features the first look at gameplay); a new trailer for UFC 2009 Undisputed; and I will be revealing the first news about new features in BioShock for the PlayStation 3 and showing the first footage.

Plus, I’m happy to announce that we have another big world premiere set for tonight: The first gameplay footage from Infamous, the open world action game for the PS3 from Sucker Punch (creators of Sly Cooper). Tonight will be your first chance to see the game in action in advance of Sony’s press conference tomorrow. Once again, real gameplay first and only on Spike.

Hope you all have a great E3….and watch Spike every night for my reports from the show. We’ve got another big trailer set to debut on Tuesday night.

Geoff

In 15 mins SpikeTV will be showing inFAMOUS, Resistance 2 and Bioshock for the PS3!

Some of you Americans have to watch please, no online streaming :(

cool I'm going to watch that. Thanks for letting us know.

cool I'm going to watch that. Thanks for letting us know.

KoL, I just found out

The premiers will be shown during the commercial breaks for A History of Violence.

:(

KoL, I just found out

:(

yeah :(

Hehe first time I don't care about the program and I'm waiting for the commercial breaks :p

yeah :(

Hehe first time I don't care about the program and I'm waiting for the commercial breaks :p

Did you catch the R2 trailer?

It supposedly was just shown?

There better be some Little Big Planet information or I'm throwing a hissy fit! :crazy:

Obviously!

Word is they're unveiling something completely new feature wise in LBP tomorrow :)

After the surprise announcements MS made I can't even imagine what Sony have in store, I just hope they have something new to show. And by that I don't just mean a new feature in such 'n' such game, but completely new altogether.

It will be really annoying if all they have to show is LBP, Home and KillZone 2 (which seems likely)

FFVII remake alone would make it worthwhile though and i would be very excited about that.

I won't be able to watch the Nintendo/Sony keynote as i'm working tonight so i hope i come back to some good news.

It will be really annoying if all they have to show is LBP, Home and KillZone 2 (which seems likely)

FFVII remake alone would make it worthwhile though and i would be very excited about that.

I won't be able to watch the Nintendo/Sony keynote as i'm working tonight so i hope i come back to some good news.

Why does it seem likely?

Why likely? I've got faith that Sony must have known that MS was gonna pull FFXIII out the bag, no doubt they're gonna do something major too? after all they already knew MS was going on before them.

Rumour is 2 new unannounced games, of which none are GoW3.

Now you can either take that as GoW3 not being announced, or because GoW3 is practically announced it's not one of the titles ;) - But it will be demoed/shown, ect.

We'll see soon enough.

Either way, I'm pumped about hearing about new games for once (Y)

FF13 was a big announcement for the 360, but all they were doing was taking an already established PS franchise, not unveiling a new game.

cmon sony!! you're not out of the game yet. you're wounded from losing ffxiii but the war is not lost!!

man what the hell am i talking about? i'm not a fanboy!! :)

anyway, let us hope for some new exciting games :p

I hope whatever it is, it's a game that's gonna be Better on PS3 than on Xbox 360 anyway... I own Both PS3/Xbox 360. Although I prefer 360 more, but would like to see a Competition, because with compeition Consumer wins, you know!

Fanboy sucks!!!

BTW, when the hell can we go beta-testing PS Home? I am TIRED of Waiting, :| so maybe a SOON-date on that Today?

Edited by JediXAngel

So what if MS got FFXIII, all the better for us gamers, sure sony have something planned anyway, they do like big announcements.

As Xbox 360/PS3 user I don't want to see Sony steal any titles that was on Xbox though... as long as it's both on Xbox 360/PS3 like FF13 I wouldn't mind.

Square Enix talks FF Versus XIII PS3 exclusivity

Following the shocking news of Final Fantasy XIII going multiplatform, Square Enix has taken the opportunity to address its plans in regards to keeping Final Fantasy Versus XIII exclusive to the PlayStation 3.

In an interview with Square Enix Executive Shinji Hashimoto, it was revealed that not only will the game remain a PS3 exclusive, but game director Tetsuya Nomura (Parasite Eve and Final Fantasy VII) is developing another game outside of Versus called "One Goal Spirit".

"We won't change policy," said Hashimoto. "Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still a PlayStaion 3 exclusive."

Hashimoto also revealed that Noruma is working on a new title called "One Goal Spirit", but due to putting all his time and resources into Final Fantasy XIII, Noruma won't be able to devote much into the new title.

versus_01.jpg

versus_02.jpg

versus_03.jpg

We are hoping that Square Enix sticks to their word this time with Versus XIII, as the loss of Final Fantasy XIII?s exclusivity will undoubtedly add to the hardware sales that "could've been" for the PS3.

Source: http://www.psu.com/Square-Enix-talks-FF-Ve...a0004226-p0.php

Cue the slash fiction.

Versus does look pretty good, I saw a shot of a car by a river, it was amazing.

Yeah it looks good so far.

I have a thing about controlling a female character in RPGs, I don't like it much :p I guess im a sexist pig eh? :laugh:

So I'm glad FF13 Versus has a male role.

ps. However I thought FF12 handled it well - In game play it allowed you to control anyone of the characters as the "lead" role.

Looking at a female character for 12 hours straight > Looking at a male character for 12 hours straight.

Yes, aesthetically, but I don't buy games to get a virtual boner :p

Boner, what does that have to do with anything?

You commenting on how you'd prefer to look at a female character?

What? Do you prefer it as the clothing they wear might be different?

It was a joke anyway :hmmm: