Official Sony E3 Discussion Thread

You know what they need? Announce FFVII remake and keep Versus exclusive. Maybe Kingdom Hearts 3 (yeah I wish).

I don't know why Sony didn't even keep FFXIII time exclusive at least. 360 is looking very attractive with all the RPGs coming. I think I'm going to get one soon. With Last Remenant time exclusive, Infinity Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4 I think I'm going to get a 360 soon. I hope they announce Release date for Last Remenant and maybe release Star Ocea 4 for PS3. I don't want to spend more money in games and game systems. Damn this is an expensive hobby :(

Also I want to see what they are going to announce about God of War 3, that game is going to be awesome. :D :woot:

Making up for a Final Fantasy title is a complicated task. Unless they pull the Final Fantasy card and finally announce Final Fantasy 7's remake :p On a more serious note, they better show some God of War, Tekken, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, or something ****ing epic if they don't want to come off as pathetic losers in this conference.

RUMOUUUUURS Ahead.

So we’ve just been talking with a Sony Playstation rep regarding the upcoming Playstation E3 conference which is being held later on today.

According to the rep, Sony have some interesting things to unveil at the show. The first thing which caught our attention was 4 new PS3 exclusive games which are to be released later on in the year and early 2009. These 4 new games will be shown as well as the following games which have been officially confirmed by Sony:

Killzone 2 (PS3)

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)

MotorStorm Pacific Rift (PS3)

PixelJunk Eden (PS3)

Resistance 2 (PS3)

SIREN: Blood Curse Episode #1 (PSN)

SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3)

Buzz! Master Quiz

Buzz! Quiz TV

We’re guessing that one of the 4 games to be announced by Sony later on today will be God of War 3. For the others, we’re unsure.

The Sony rep said that Home has a few more features/additions and these will also be demonstrated. What these features are exactly, we don’t know.

A new Playstation controller is also supposed to be in the making. Apparently it has a much longer battery life (not that the current controllers don’t have a long battery life!), will be lighter than the current DualShock3, and of course will include rumble. A wireless headset is also said to be included in future PS3 packages and we’re told that we could be seeing a new PS3 bundle in time for Christmas. With Resistance 2 being released in November, there’s a very good chance that Resistance 2 could be part of the new PS3 bundle.

A new PS3 firmware is supposed to be demonstrated, displaying “In game chat”. A few more “surprises” will be detailed later today, we’re not told what, so we’ll just have to sit back and wait.

As this is not officially confirmed by Sony, we’re currently calling all this a rumour for now - we’ll see it all happen later on today.

Source: http://game-warp.com//ps3/sony-playstation...weve-been-told/

4 new games would be nice thanks, be real! :(

Killzone 2 (PS3)

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)

MotorStorm Pacific Rift (PS3)

PixelJunk Eden (PS3)

Resistance 2 (PS3)

SIREN: Blood Curse Episode #1 (PSN)

SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3)

Buzz! Master Quiz

Buzz! Quiz TV

Doesn't look great? You need to sell your PS3.

Looking forward to getting home from work and firing up HOME to see what this HOME E3 Event is about! Hopefully plenty of people will be signed on and will be watching the LIVE Feed. Will be interesting to discuss and watch in HOME.

Only 1 hour and 15 minutes to go till I can go home!

Got any decent high-quality streams to the conference?

IGN will be your best bet (Y)

Checkout the E3 links topic for the link :)

"Sony: 11:30 am PT / 1:30 pm ET [/ 19:30 BST]"

Since I have no clue what any of those mean, what's that in British local time? ( So I know I can add an hour to that )

Since I have no clue what any of those mean, what's that in British local time? ( So I know I can add an hour to that )

7:30pm for UK :)

I don't care about Final Fantasy as I don't like it but I guess I can see how it'd be a hit on Sony. I'm not sure there's anything interesting to me going on but I'd be interested to hear about it anyway.

BST = british standard time, which I think is GMT at this time of year.

geez you europeans are a feisty bunch. always arguing :p

can't wait to see what new stuff sony has in store. anything new they show will probably be out in 2011. :laugh:

Ah, god bless you (Y)

*Wishes they would announce a Socom Demo/Beta for immediate public release*

Fingers crossed there will be an announcement about LBP / Socom & Home Beta's!

Can we take guesses about what the exclusives may be?

I just remembered this one, and haven't heard much about it, Rockstars L.A. Noire

I was thinking also, perhaps Sony knew Square wanted to expand to the X-Box, so like Sony did with Rockstar, said go ahead and do that, and perhaps Square will have another exclusive (non FF related) for just the Playstation?

Thoughts? I'm just thinking things.

I just remembered this one, and haven't heard much about it, Rockstars L.A. Noire

I was thinking also, perhaps Sony knew Square wanted to expand to the X-Box, so like Sony did with Rockstar, said go ahead and do that, and perhaps Square will have another exclusive (non FF related) for just the Playstation?

Rumoured,

GoW3

Team ICO's new game (Ico/Shadow of the Colossus mix)

Heavy Rain

Something from Naughty Dog - Jak & Daxter 3

New Ratchet and Clank title

Twisted Metal

Zone of the Enders 3

Something from Rockstar

New Shin Megami Tensei game

Sony didn't have a choice regarding the loss of exclusive rights.

Guessing that was just rockstars way of thanking Sony for the success of their previous games on the PS2

From Wiki, under Rockstar;

"Red Dead Revolver 2 (working title) TBA PlayStation 3"

The hell is that?

But imagine this exclusive Rockstar title would be "Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 2" :laugh: